Recommended Posts

Gabriel_Dreyer    253

Hey everybody! Good morning/afternoon/evening!

What are your thoughts about Weremoose?

Weremoose is the fighter, and he does a great job killing Spiders, Hounds, Clockworks, Volt Goats (mobs in general), but if you need to kill a giant, Bee Queen, Klaus, Dragonfly, Toad, Ancient Fuelweaver or others, you will probably use Woodie.
So, do you think Moose should be able to deal with the big ones or he is good the way he is?
I don't know what are my thoughts, I would like to use him to combat the harders ones, but if he isn't meant to do it, I'll be okay.
Feel free to share your thoughs aboot the Moose, maybe convince me? 

weremoose_dance.gif.643aee14ab6eb1264f15a82944e85613.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,245

I think it's fine. Otherwise I'd want a way to upgrade the form. Starting out with boss-killing stats for such a cheap price is ehhhh. End-game gear should still be useful.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ogrecakes    1,394

Should absolutely NOT be able to fight bosses IMO (solo, atleast), I thinks its fine as is, but im just surprised that it only costs some cut grass and logs (edit: MONSTER MEAT. I can't believe I made this mistake twice) to activate.

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DST Noob    26

You are right tc Woodie should be killing spiders and butterflies and Moose should kill bosses the way it is right now make little sens to me. Make the idol more costly (6 living log 10 monster meats.) and make him stronger. No point having a fighter transformation to kill spiders when woodie or even wes can even do that. No point in making a fighting transfomation if Woodie is actually stronger then moose.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be useless still, because u wont be allowed to heal. Those fights last longer and you still have the speed penalty. to be honest it would feel like a cheat ( and you still can kill bee queen in a team environment) . Hes good against multiple enemies at the same time so do not twist the "killing spiders" thing into the favor to argument it being weak

 here ur godmode u can defeat anything. eww. no. you obviously do not care about game balance.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Owlrus98    359
1 minute ago, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

It will be useless still, because u wont be allowed to heal. Those fights last longer and you still have the speed penalty. to be honest it would feel like a cheat ( and you still can kill bee queen in a team environment) . Hes good against multiple enemies at the same time so do not twist the "killing spiders" thing into the favor to argument it being weak

 here ur godmode u can defeat anything. eww. no. you obviously do not care about game balance.

I see your point, but was it really necessary to call a person out as not caring about balance? A bit harsh no less considering people are just posting their opinions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuraudo0110    15
5 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I see your point, but was it really necessary to call a person out as not caring about balance? A bit harsh no less considering people are just posting their opinions.

Yeah well im on ps4 for so no cheating for me whatsoever

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel_Dreyer    253
9 minutes ago, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

It will be useless still, because u wont be allowed to heal. Those fights last longer and you still have the speed penalty. to be honest it would feel like a cheat ( and you still can kill bee queen in a team environment) . Hes good against multiple enemies at the same time so do not twist the "killing spiders" thing into the favor to argument it being weak

 here ur godmode u can defeat anything. eww. no. you obviously do not care about game balance.

Calm you down, little boy. The people here are just expressing their opinions. Be kind.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    4,159

 

10 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

It has its perks and downsides, just don't rely on it for everything and you should be fine. One other thing I forgot to mention is that needing only 3 monster meat and 2 grass is a nice way to replace carrying around multiple log suits and weapons to fight seasonal bosses in my opinion.

I think the Moose for lategame is, as @Owlrus98 said, an "always fight ready" form that can be carried in a simple slot (assuming you always have food on you, which you probably should too). 

I've tested the form against deerclops and its perfectly doable, even facetanking if you want, but my results against tougher ones like dragonfly and bee queen were not that great (well... they were a complete disaster honestly :D).

I was thinking about a hybrid type of fight, maybe you can use the form to save some armor and weapon in the early stages of the long fights, and for the later stages simply use Woodie. The "charge" attack is also pretty useful to kill grumbles, if they focus on you in team fights.

Even it's not part of the topic, I think it's worth mentioning that when the moose and Woodie failed, your final, most powerful form, is definately the goose.... and RUUUUNNN!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodie is in the perfect spot right now. had to disagree. You already can kill Deerclops/Goose/Bearger/Antlion easily
You can deal with bees , spiders , hounds , splumonkeys , koelephants, beefalos faster than anyone
Before even thinking about "buffs" you should compare what he can do right now in his actual state with logical arguments to even suggest a "buff", even if it sounds rude. ( Have you used Woodie? )
You do not know how good he is right now :/ ( And that is only talking about moose ) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuraudo0110    15
17 minutes ago, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

Woodie is in the perfect spot right now. had to disagree. You already can kill Deerclops/Goose/Bearger/Antlion easily
You can deal with bees , spiders , hounds , splumonkeys , koelephants, beefalos faster than anyone
Before even thinking about "buffs" you should compare what he can do right now in his actual state with logical arguments to even suggest a "buff", even if it sounds rude. ( Have you used Woodie? )
You do not know how good he is right now :/ ( And that is only talking about moose ) 

Let me rephrase this moose is pretty good but woodie us stronger. I'm gonna turn super saiyan but my normal formal is actually stronger.

Edited by Kuraudo0110
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel_Dreyer    253
26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Even it's not part of the topic, I think it's worth mentioning that when the moose and Woodie failed, your final, most powerful form, is definately the goose.... and RUUUUNNN!

Goose is the powerful form, no doubt! Hahahaha

15 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

I will just condense my opinons on all 3 because.......

 

12 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I think the Weremoose is fine.

I really appreciate your opinions, mates!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FeagleSnorf    631
On 9/16/2019 at 6:14 PM, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

You already can kill Deerclops/Goose/Bearger/Antlion easily
You can deal with bees , spiders , hounds , splumonkeys , koelephants, beefalos faster than anyone

Wolfgang would like to talk.

 

 

Spoiler

So would Warly...

 

Edited by FeagleSnorf
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried to use this in any fight yet, but I had the idea of building stone walls as punch dummies while bosses such as dragonfly have to have their phases when you wait. (Which is bad for moose) Just an idea. Do not know if anyone has tried it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ogrecakes    1,394
4 hours ago, DST Noob said:

You are right tc Woodie should be killing spiders and butterflies and Moose should kill bosses the way it is right now make little sens to me. Make the idol more costly (6 living log 10 monster meats.) and make him stronger. No point having a fighter transformation to kill spiders when woodie or even wes can even do that. No point in making a fighting transfomation if Woodie is actually stronger then moose.

Have YOU walked into a rocky spider biome and annihilated enough spiders to get over a full stack of silk and glands?

Have YOU decimated a max capacity wave of hounds with only a couple logs (edit, monster meat. I've just got lumber on the mind I guess) and cut grass?

 

It doesn't need to be buffed. Woodie or Wes can fight bosses, it's the speed that matters.

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frashaw27    342
2 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I haven't tried to use this in any fight yet, but I had the idea of building stone walls as punch dummies while bosses such as dragonfly have to have their phases when you wait. (Which is bad for moose) Just an idea. Do not know if anyone has tried it yet.

Thats actually a reallu smart idea, the wall thing not fighting Dragonfly with the moose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel_Dreyer    253
16 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I haven't tried to use this in any fight yet, but I had the idea of building stone walls as punch dummies while bosses such as dragonfly have to have their phases when you wait. (Which is bad for moose) Just an idea. Do not know if anyone has tried it yet.

Really smart ideia! Someone should try it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    1,062
3 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Should absolutely NOT be able to fight bosses IMO (solo, atleast), I thinks its fine as is, but im just surprised that it only costs some cut grass and logs to activate.

Correction: it costs 3 monster meat, 2 grass, 20 health and 15 sanity to activate.

I think moose is in a perfect spot as it’s a backup/early game combat form and retains value for the aoe damage which can be very useful vs things like shadow splumonkeys.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electroely    2,906
3 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I haven't tried to use this in any fight yet, but I had the idea of building stone walls as punch dummies while bosses such as dragonfly have to have their phases when you wait. (Which is bad for moose) Just an idea. Do not know if anyone has tried it yet.

A meat bulb would work too as a re-usable punching bag. I haven't had situations where i needed one... but it's there and it works.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ezaroth    903

He can still fight bosses if you take turns to tank the boss.

Simply retreat via charging, wait for timer to expire, heal up, transform back, and continue fighting.

It's trickier, but that's his drawback for the free Hambat + Thulecite Suit

Edited by Ezaroth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Atkvin    552

The fact that Moose is capable of farming weak mobs like spiders with ease is nothing to sneeze at, it stomps on the toes of Wendy and Webber's niches and expands Woodie's own role in resource gathering - now being capable of literally charging through and collecting drops of weak mobs without worrying about much preparation other than scraps of food and the measly transformation recipe (think about it: he's now the best character to speedrun getting almost all resources aboveground, including laborious ones i.e wood, stone thanks to Beaver or exotic ones like reeds or stonefruits thanks to Goose)

Moose wasn't made for and shouldn't be made into a boss stormer on top of that. Woodie's strong enough to overshadow several characters in their niches already, no need to add Wolfgang's boss storming into the mix

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now