[Experimental Update] - 368093

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Work on the second character continues. We can currently play through a full day and build both decks, although many big things are still changing. As we're doing this, though, we are also still fixing and tuning Sal stuff. Here are the most recent changes:

• Fixed some issues with people forgetting that they've met you, and reintroducing themselves.
  • Try suppressing fighter tooltips while attack presentation is ongoing.
  • Rework bartender's negotiation behaviour to be a little more focussed and on flavour.
  • The meditation spot oppo can increase your perm resolve.
  • First Blood does 4 extra bleed, instead of 2.
  • Slight increase to argument resolve for airtight, tactical mind.  Slightly reduction to bulldoze.
  • Move the TOOK_JOB opinion event into the accept handler of side jobs, instead of OnStart.  Some quests get activated but are not technically "accepted" yet -- see sal_story_merchants.lua.
  • Remove SKILL flags from various items.  This caused them to show up in Thieves' Instinct's pool.
  • Fix can_own_pets management.  Handle the case where calamitary jar is removed, or duplicated, etc, etc.
  • Fix Rival's Feint description not showing modified Defend values.
  • Change blade_fury description to avoid using the word 'repeat' (used in a way that is inconsistent with the keyword)
  • Added upgrade highlight to low_blow.
  • Changed breather to use 2 combo instead of 3.
  • Fix TravelScreen pop crash.
  • Changed all cards that copy themselves or another card to not show xp on the new created card.
  • Clear focus when Screens lose topmost.  This "fixes" tooltips not working on cards in the showdeck screen due to the MainOverlay nav buttons being flagged show_tooltip_on_focus and stealing the tooltip.
  • Added new bite attack for the autodog.
  • Fix modifier description generation even if there is no minigame instance (ie in card compendium or deck view).
  • Changed all consume items to have 1 charge instead of just the consume keyword for consistency. 
  • Fixed bug where thin_skin and fragile_health would stack to apply 99 wound on first damage taken
  • Fixed loading into game and being unable to leave your location.  Tracker:UpdateAllQuests needs to be moved now to PostLoad, because QuestUtil.CanTakeSideJob looks up the singleton GameState and returns false if it is nil, which is the case during construction.

You may have also noticed that you can use many of the UI screens now using just the keyboard. We're working our way through each one and updating it for keyboard/controller. It's not quite ready for real play yet, but it's coming along!

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So uh, I'm assuming you've heard of autodogs helping out with negotiations? It's hilarious but probably shouldn't be a feature.

Spoiler

5d7d38c681c89_Screenshot(93).thumb.png.9f40dab8ef91e9db503c454c899901af.png5d7d389fa957a_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.148851a5b6debab2b7d9f4804c0a5f78.png

Also the animation file seems to be somewhat incomplete. No big deal, just a polish thing.

Spoiler

'Cos of course the first thing I do when I get one is go pet it.

5d7d387bc5a93_Screenshot(91).thumb.png.14e80e9c5551b4a2d1a557f49a7b79e0.png

Thanks! I love my robot doggo.

• Haha 2

I've also noticed something similar with the oshnu (snail critter) in the "final" (in the latest build, anyway) Admiralty quest when you go up against Nadan. You have an opportunity to use Negotiation to drive some of Nadan's allies away before the fight begins, and unless oshnu are sapient (and I guess they could be...?), it seems weird that they can talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Developer

The talking oshnu / monster bug has been around for a while - it's because they don't have a negotiation support behaviour, and instead get the default "Hey, you should listen to sal" one instead. I *just* fixed that this morning (so that they'll stay out of the negotiation entirely if they don't have something specific to do). It'll go live in the next patch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Given that the Spark Barons and Hesh cultists don't seem to like each other very much, I think it'd be cool if Hesh cultists got a negative reaction during negotiations from having an autodog (which seems to be Spark Baron tech) as a companion.

Edited by ArtixBot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

The talking oshnu / monster bug has been around for a while - it's because they don't have a negotiation support behaviour, and instead get the default "Hey, you should listen to sal" one instead. I *just* fixed that this morning (so that they'll stay out of the negotiation entirely if they don't have something specific to do). It'll go live in the next patch.

I didn't even think its a bug. Thought they were talking using their natural language and some modern havarian device was translating their speech into common language.

• Haha 2