With people talking about reworks, I've realized that there was actually just one Wolfgang rework thread, which struck me as weird, because Wolfgang is one of the most powerful characters and there's only one thread about his rework? I had to change that, so here are my ideas for his rework:

New things

Spoiler
  1. Wolfgang would get an item that allows him to grab and throw enemies alway, if it hits an enemie they will be both stunned, I made this addition for a more varied combat style.
  2. If Wolfgang has hammer in his hand, he would have the habilty to slam it to the ground dealing a low amount of damage in a medium radius (this does not affect flying creatures), stunning every mob in the radius, I made this change for the same reason stated above
  3. Wolfgang would be able to get "enraged", in this state Wolfgang will attack and move 50% faster but you will receive double damge and losing 6 sanity per minute and double the hunger, this will be activated when you're below 25% health and will last for an 1/8 of a day but will get extended the more you attack.

Why?

Spoiler

Additions 1 and 2 were made to give variation to combat, addition 3 was made for a more high risk and high reward play style

Changes

Spoiler
  1. When Wolfgang is mighty he will lose even more hunger and he will receive 50% less hunger from food, but his max damage multiplier will be raised to 2.50 and his eating aninimation will be 50% faster
  2. At his normal form Wolfgang will get 12.5% less hunger from food, but his damage will be multiplied by 1.25/1.50
  3. At his wimpy form, he will deal 50% less damage,receive 50% more damage and his eating animation will be 50% slower, but he will receive 50% more hunger from food

Why?

Spoiler

These changes were made so that you have the option to risk losing food for more food, in essence risk and reward

And these are my ideas for Wolfgang's rework, I tried to make him more fun and rewarding to play, if you have any ideas or changes you would make, please leave a comment below!

Edited by NormalPinkerton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

loopuleasa    301

I feel Wolfgang is good as is

Don't like the suggestions

He needs his boss fighter identity conserved

I would bet that klei will change his sanity fear downside to something more substantial, that doesn't affect his fighting mechanic, and is also fair

Right now Wolfgang sanity drain is a big bonus for decent players, because you want the nightmare fuel

• Like 1

landromat    1,596

I think it would be nice if all wolfgang weapon/tools efficiency increased in mighty form with cost of item durability.

Wolfgang still hits 2 times harder, but his weapon breaks 2 times faster as well, also he can cut trees 2 times faster with double cost of axe durability etc

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Remps    260

wolfgang is good for now i think we should think other survivors for rework its too early for think wolfgang

• Like 1

On 16/09/2019 at 4:10 AM, loopuleasa said:

[snipper, snapper]

Well, they could keep his sanity drain, maybe make him do less damage or walk slower while insane, I mean you can't quite focus if you're going insane.

00petar00    49
On 9/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, Remps said:

wolfgang is good for now i think we should think other survivors for rework its too early for think wolfgang

Which other characters? most of the really weak ones have been refreshed.

Wendy is the only legit one that i actually think is in a big need of a buff, i'd like her to keep the current theme and not become an occult character or pull other ghosts, just want her to stay the way she is. Buff Abigail or Wendy's stats.

Wilson is left but i don't think he'll be any good considering klei will probably want to make him overall okay character for new players but that's the reason he can't be better then other  characters in one specific area.

Wes is a hard mode character for testing yourself, not really sure if there will be any changes to make him stronger, maybe there'll be more cool stuff that he can do like balloons.

Only Maxwell is a possible situation that i'd see above the three i'll speak below.

WX/Wicker/Wolfgang three of the strongest characters that now include Woodie in this group, they are the only ones left after Maxwell, im not really sure how they'll change them, im all for keeping them the same as they are in a good spot, there could be some minor tweaks but i don't see them nerfing these three too much considering they are making other characters able to compete with them like Woodie.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

loopuleasa    301
39 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Well, they could keep his sanity drain, maybe make him do less damage or walk slower while insane, I mean you can't quite focus if you're going insane.

Horrible design

35 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Horrible design

Thank you for your constructive criticism! I now completly understand that my ideas are bad, you sure helped the discussion!

Spoiler

Seriously though, are you going to explain yourself or just say that my ideas are bad and not offer anything else?

themightyone    59

I would not mind a bit harsher sanity drain at night or near monsters , but would not want any big changes to his damage output. He is already perfect for deep solo play , and as a boss fighter in multiplayer. Hope his rework is minor and among the last characters. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:08 AM, landromat said:

Wolfgang still hits 2 times harder, but his weapon breaks 2 times faster as well, also he can cut trees 2 times faster with double cost of axe durability etc

I kinda like this, though I think a lot of Wolfgangs will end up just relying on Hambats to mitigate this debuff.

I would like it if Wolfgang's current (scaredy-cat) nature was also given more meaning. I mean... We COULD just give him a new downside altogether, but if we are going to keep his current style of debuff, then the affects of insanity should probably be a little bit more pronounced for him. I don't know... Maybe he could get more shadow spawns whenever insanes (and maybe less nightmare fuel from shadow creatures so it can't be exploited as a buff.) Maybe he could get a smaller damage nerf based on how little sanity he has (requiring him to maintain his sanity in order to effectively use is amazing dps level.) Maybe he could do less damage with magical weapons because "But that thing, ~glances at dank sword~ it scares me!" These are probably pretty bad ideas (just machinegunning them out ya know? Seeing what sticks). But I hope that y'all get the idea that it would be nice if his current debuff was given more meaning.

• Thanks 1