Why is it so hard to break the 6000 pts barrier?

17 minutes ago, TF3 said:

First Impressions is a mutator available in Experimental. It gives most everyone you meet a random disposition,

first of all, thank you, second of all, the hell's a mutator, third of all, god i should really just start playin' experimental

alright, found out the hell a mutator is, and i dont know if there should be some sort of extra leaderboard for mutated runs

4 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

if there should be some sort of extra leaderboard for mutated runs

Yeah for sure. As pacovf mentioned before there definetely should be a way do separate pure runs from Mutated.

The easiest way as I see it for now its just keep mutation icons at the top of screen. Feels like it's not that hard to implement but who knows...

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

That run must have taken an epically long time to finish. What mutators did you use?

Oh yea. It took me somewhere around 5 hours to finish. Meh. Hard times. :D

Here is a mutation list (spoiler: all of them are good):

- Animal Lover (didn't get any dogs so it's usless);

- Barbarous (killed with that ~ 6-8 people so ok);

- First Impressions (:D yep it's all about it);

- Giant Mechs (still do not know what does it mean);

- Loyalty (didn't get any ally lol);

- Took Box (got a usless stuff ): )

19 minutes ago, s5unaMe said:

Oh yea. It took me somewhere around 5 hours to finish. Meh. Hard times. :D

Here is a mutation list (spoiler: all of them are good):

- Animal Lover (didn't get any dogs so it's usless);

- Barbarous (killed with that ~ 6-8 people so ok);

- First Impressions (:D yep it's all about it);

- Giant Mechs (still do not know what does it mean);

- Loyalty (didn't get any ally lol);

- Took Box (got a usless stuff ): )

as someone who hasn't tried to do a mutated run, only pure runs on stable griftlands, i'd assume any mechanized enemies or creature would get buffed, a la robopups and the day 1 boss would be stronger. some of those mutators are for pure gain, some pure loss, and some like mech could probably be a boon or bane.

3 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

do you get double rewards from double haggle badges. i am in the position to do so but i dont want it if it is does jack-diddly.

That's an interesting question! I dunno the answer but you could try it by yourself. Just make save game backup to not suffer in case it wouldn't work.

8 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

do you get double rewards from double haggle badges. i am in the position to do so but i dont want it if it is does jack-diddly.

Not exactly double. You get one more money thing to hit during negotiation per haggle badges after the first one. 

8 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

...how do i....back up a save?

Go into game files and just copy the save file.

3 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

...how do i....back up a save?

All savefiles are stored in the directory: C:\Users\!YourUserName!\Documents\Klei\Griftlands\!RandomNubmers!\saves

As I mentioned before just proceed to directory and copy appropriate save file (named smthng like that slot_SAL_1573024399.sav) to another directory. Later you could roll it back.

Have fun! ;)

7 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

so how much does the second haggle badge give. is it a few shills or "evil eye+boosted first impression=OH BABY"?

the amount from the higher of the two from the first haggle badge. At least that's what i get all the time, so mostly it's 99 later in game.

18 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

Not exactly double. You get one more money thing to hit during negotiation per haggle badges after the first one. 

Ooooh I didn't know this! Here I was, snubbing merchants after I got one to love me... 

does anyone know how to save myself from a crash bug, cause if you know, please tell me....

i had such a good run, but i somehow got the murkot quest twice, and it spawned 2 hesh outposts. going to the quest completion hesh outpost crashed my game and i had no backups

if i have lost the run where i hob-nobbed with plocka to the UTMOST degree because of a bug locking me to a crash screen, someone is losing their jugular in the next 24 hours

yes i did also report the bug to klei

• Developer
42 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

does anyone know how to save myself from a crash bug, cause if you know, please tell me....

i had such a good run, but i somehow got the murkot quest twice, and it spawned 2 hesh outposts. going to the quest completion hesh outpost crashed my game and i had no backups

if i have lost the run where i hob-nobbed with plocka to the UTMOST degree because of a bug locking me to a crash screen, someone is losing their jugular in the next 24 hours

yes i did also report the bug to klei

I *think* I found your report. The game load fine using the latest dev code. Have you tried loading it with the experimental build? If not, it should load correctly after this week's update.

EDIT: Er, actually that was from November 3rd. Have you submitted a crash report lately?

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I *think* I found your report. The game load fine using the latest dev code. Have you tried loading it with the experimental build? If not, it should load correctly after this week's update.

EDIT: Er, actually that was from November 3rd. Have you submitted a crash report lately?

first of all, ive only ever made one bug report, so unless you guys ignore every name on the bug reports, chances are youve find mine, wumpus.

second of all how would it be fixed in the experimental. as i have repeatedly exploited the ability to return to the menu, i know my save file wont work from my knowledge since it will repeat the same location and it crashed every time i reached the glitched outpost. 

third of all....how do i load it in experimental...?

There are Griflands Experimental build in the EGS library. So just install it.

And then copy save files from the Griftlands to Griflands_testing folder.

Spoiler

C:\Users\!YourUserName!\Documents\Klei\Griftlands\!RandomNubmers!\saves 

into

C:\Users\!YourUserName!\Documents\Klei\Griftlands_testing\!RandomNubmers!\saves 

14 hours ago, Kevin said:

I tried to put the save slot into the experimental build and what i thought would happen happened. since my save file crashes everytime i reached the glitched outpost, and since i ended the file at the glitched outpost, it would crash everytime. i could only think the reason it "works with the dev code" is because it wasnt stuck in the rut i am. new dev code, and this is from someone who doesnt understand it at all, it must prohibit the hesh quest twice but not reverse the effects such as mine

i'd almost like it if you somehow made the glitched hesh quest into its own extra quest. like, change some of the dialogue so they know you already helped murkot carry spark, then allow it to work, though i dont know if thats worth it considering this was an extraordinarily rare occurence

...who wants to lay their neck on my table so i can relieve some stress

the save file got completely corrupt from the quest. i thought i could just abandon the run and retry from the start of day 4, but that crashes for some god-foresaken reason. it was the first time that i used PLOCKA. I HAD 9 GRAFTS FOR THE SAKE OF THE LORD.

Archived