Why is it so hard to break the 6000 pts barrier?

19 hours ago, s5unaMe said:

You got a lot of money though. Was it badge or something else?

Yeah, I had two negotiations where I got extra money with Haggle Badge, and there was one of those quests where you can take money and put the blame on someone else.

Is there any convenient way to do that? Sometimes I start a run and leave it hanging for a while, and by the time I end it I don't remember if I used a "continue" or if I had a starting bonus.

It's true that a bonus like "all admiralty like you" can lead to boosted final scores because of how easy it makes to get people to love you.

:cool2:

Griftlands_8081.png

No continues, no starting bonuses. I got a day one Haggle Badge, got Plocka as my merchant (pretty much required for high scores now), and was lucky to get the Rise quest (for extra battles/negotiations, quest score, and money). Surprisingly enough, I did 0 provocations, so an even higher score should be possible.

I think the Rise quest and the Hesh outpost quests should be *instead of* a regular quest, not *on top of* them. They are a pretty hefty bonus.

I got maybe 5 negotiations from Haggle Badge, and 2 negotiations and 1 combat from the Rise quest. If you subtract that from my total, you get numbers much closer to yours. I was just lucky.

However, if you want to inflate your number of combats and negotiations without relying on luck, the best way to do so is to get a bunch of people to hate you early on, then provoke-kill them later.

I think it would be good to add the mutators used for a run in the in-game final run description. This is what First Impressions can do to your final score:

Griftlands_FirstImpressions_9769.png

I started the run before the Night market crash fix, so I couldn't go there after the first night, limiting how I could spend my money. Breaching the 10k score barrier should be very doable.

obviously this just became a leader board, so let me just throw my own fedora in the ring

broke 6000 at prestige 4, i think that's the neccesary prestige for breaking 6000, sadly i dont know how to screenshot in epic games, so no proof. haggle and plocka are still required for point farming

8 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

obviously this just became a leader board, so let me just throw my own fedora in the ring

broke 6000 at prestige 4, i think that's the neccesary prestige for breaking 6000, sadly i dont know how to screenshot in epic games, so no proof. haggle and plocka are still required for point farming

Show us what you got! :D

make screenshot is easy. 

Just press PrtScr then open Paint and press Ctrl + V. 

Or you could press F8 in the game, make a blanked report but include screenshot. Then proceed to directory C:\Users\!YourUserName!\Documents\Klei\Griftlands_testing\!YourRandromID\feedback and unzip last archive. There will be a screenshot. Do not forget to change !YourUserName! and !YourRandromID in the path to your own. Easy-peasy.

"Show us what you got", they said.

"Make screenshot is easy" they said.

"Wumpus stop trying to lick the TV screen because Im watching The cooking channel". THEY SAID

feedback_1.zip

This was an unintuitive process to get this picture

I started looking for points late into the game, might be able to get done better at prestige with full throttle point collecting.

I'd recommend you get yourself a brain gills quickly. it doesnt destroy itself and gives extra xp. not only is it easier to live, but it is some small points

you can get a free negotiation by allowing the rival leader to live, as you have to explain their disappearance/why you aren't walking into the bar with Oolo's head on a pike.

screw it all to hell, i cant figure out this damn picture thing. just.....God foresake this bull****e

holy lord above i just realized that spicy had 19 people love her

i had one extra person love me on my recent playthrough...he had his life threatened on day 4, so you'd think i'd help him....but he was a jakes guard so he had no real benefit on day 4 so....uhm.... thinkin' of postin' that story on the communal art thread or even makin' my own thread for those idea.

anyways, all i could think of would be must have given a lot of big gifts and maybe got lucky with saving people's lives. everyone will love you when youre the quick-fix medic.

17 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

I chucked a lot of money for gifts. But didn't you had a 20 ppl loved run on top?

Yeah, but only because it was a First Impressions run :p I only get something in the low 10s for regular runs. I should check what I spend most of my money on, see if I could do better.

Archived