[Game Update] - 367948

V2C

4 minutes ago, BadScra said:

He's too overpowered now. but i'm ok with it. More overpower characters coming.

He actually is quite powerful but he is not op. He might contain 3 different roles but he doesn't out class the characters with that role. The goose can't travel faster then a wx but it can be useful for scouting and early game. The Moose may be strong but both wigfrid and wolfgang are stronger with mid-late game weapons, the beaver is iffy but he was also meant for the role. Woodie isnt broken or op, he is the exact kind of powerful that can't be easily exploited, its the broad kind of rework idea I want, new and powrful but also baleneced and challenging.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, snugglysnootertoot said:

Excellent work bitching, folks. Yet another stupidly overpowered character.

Just play with wes or wilson if you like weak character other people like to have fun. Whatever we do in our world or our time is not suppose to affect other peoples.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I really enjoyed it before without too much complaint, but now the Woodie refresh is superb! I couldn't have asked for more from an update to my favorite character. The new forms are so much fun, not to mention the new skins. Plus now the goose can swim! Or walk on water technically but still, we got pretty much everything we asked for as a community and much more. This is perfect!

• Like 4

the new duration and meter drain feels SO good. for those who haven't played there is now a generously long delay after you stop doing the designated activities before the meter drains, most notably as Goose after you stop running, but and only once you do the meter will drain rapidly to release you from that form on command without impeding on extending the use of the form. The sanity drain is also a godsend and much more lenient now, which is good considering the loss of pinecone sanity. Found the lunar island on day 9!

sidenote though: dont status announce stats as woodie, seems to crash every time i try to announce my sanity :,(

Edited by Atkvin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Klei <3 , now he has a purpose and an obvious role to encourage those were forms over human in the early game.
IT'S PERFECTLY balanced , jack of all trades master of none. a new category in itself, instead of just lumberjack now you perform everything ( and expanded beaver use but split into 2 categories more ) , you plan for said drawbacks with good returns, you can also do early strats for each form if you want to use the idols but he isn't the best like the specialized characters and falls off quickly , but that's the whole point of early game focus.
I'm glad Klei listened us <3

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Weregoose can now walk on water. (Be warned that Woodie will drown immediately if he reverts to human form over water).
  • Minor increase to Werebeaver’s digging and mining strength.
  • Increased Weremoose’s damage reduction to 90%.
  • All of Woodie’s were-forms can now last up to half a day.
  • Increased the grace period between actions before Were-meter starts speeding up.
  • Reduced food stat penalties for Woodie’s consumable Idols (now equivalent to eating a single Monster Meat).
  • Further reduced sanity drain while in were-form.
  • Fixed Woodie’s missing mullet when chopping.

View full update

Woodie is legit strong now

Up to half a day? That is about 3x increase.

Moose now takes half the damage?

This is Woodie being the WoW druid powerful back on the days

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Thanks 4

I also love how making a boat is nearly pointless aside from salt mining (even the malbatross fight is somewhat redundant too) since he is the best for ocean travel, which makes the annoyance of sailing nonexistent when you can just run to the island if you wanted to. And being able to cut maybe 2-day trips down to a fraction by being able to cross the ocean is a god send :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

image.thumb.png.b6dc49c62971cbcfa51ae9dfb98d4ce6.png

I love these changes so much, thank you Klei! Charging back and forth through grumblebees is so much fun.

How much time did it take?

How many resources?

What fighting pattern?

1 hour ago, Datanon said:

i too think that theyve overdone it. im not too much into this but im probably a minority

I do believe that as well. Just the duration increase would've sufficed, everything else is a bonus buff

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scrumch said:

Such a small change really made a difference! 

I also noticed that Lucy no longer falls out of your inventory when you transform, which I bet was meant to go with this update.

image.thumb.png.d90a70948a5a1f18912dab6bace52059.png

No item or backpack falls from your inventory, only the item you've at hand and head, and chest if it isn't a backpack.

• Like 2