[Game Update] - 367948

V2C

8 minutes ago, sudoku said:

lol at the people crying "Victory" and saying they can be Woodie mains again like the update didn't just come out literally yesterday.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, minespatch said:

592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.pngHe just came out two hours ago. Let's just wait for a bit.

Me yesterday.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 2

Klei listens.
Klei delivers.

I know this won't make up for all the posts you guys have to read, and all the inherent rudeness of some comments, but I couldn't wish for a better company in charge of one of my timeless favorites. You may not have the most consistent track history of balancing around multiplayer/mechanics, but having such a dedicated group of people working on this game and hearing the community suggestions makes me so glad to have found this gem of a game.

I haven't played yet, but this is what potential reads like. 

49 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Weregoose can now walk on water.
  • Increased Weremoose’s damage reduction to 90%.
  • All of Woodie’s were-forms can now last up to 4 minutes.
  • Reduced food stat penalties for Woodie’s consumable Idols (now equivalent to eating a single Monster Meat).

-Goose can now escape overbearing threats by literally Jesus-walking away.
-Goose now allows Woodie to rush the Lunar Island super early, which is actually a team-play, since he already has the best Axe and good damage.
-Goose is now an amazing scout, able to find the Salt spots and the Malbatross nest faster than anyone.
-Leaving anchored boats mid-ocean as Goose-checkpoints is now absolutely viable, and synergizes well with the amount of wood Woodie can gather, Allowing for outside-the-box strats.

-Mo0se can now actually beat bosses.
-Mo0se still can't heal, which is a completely viable downside to such a powerhouse.
-Mo0se is now the best early-game fighter, and completely viable mid- and late-game.
-Clearing tree-lanes before fights to use as Moose-runways is now absolutely viable, and incentivizes preemptive thinking and battleground knowledge.

-The forms now last long enough to get things done.
-The downside of 0 Hunger is fair, and forces players to plan ahead, something Woodie mains are already quite used to.
-It is viable to spam-transform to keep a form going for longer, but requires even more planning. Rewarding players for taking risks is a core mechanic that was lacking in the first draft, and it's good to see it here.
-Woodie is a all-around strong generalist, with access to many powerful and unique abilities, but still requires preparation to reach full potential. He may be leaning on the strong side a wee bit much, but nothing worth setting the forums on fire (again).

-Lucy's colors are now correct on the "Now Available!" poster, which is the objectively best thing.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Klei, we need to talk: You guys are amazing!

Congratz for the fast repair and to listen your community. You deserve all the love and support, now i'll buy the Woodie pack
Thank you so much. The Brazilian community loves what you have been done.
Amazing work, eh?

Edited by MrSoratori
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

From the looks of it, this fixes just about all of the problems I have with the update. I still, however, have one question:

-Does Woodie still revert to 0 hunger after reverting to human form?

If so, I'm still a bit iffy on it, because no matter what you do, you will take additional damage no matter how fast you flick over to food in your inventory.

If this mechanic is still in place, I'd recommend putting it at 5 or so.

Also, the fact that wereforms now last half a day (4 minutes) is great.

I want to be honest here. I have begun to have my doubts about Klei, since they seemingly took up the "throw ideas at a wall and see what sticks" method of implementation instead of community feedback, but they have seemed to proven me false, which is what I desperately wanted.

However, the feeling still lingers, as it took the entire site to be set on fire. Don't get me wrong, I still love Klei, and DST is still my all-time favorite game, it's just that something is starting to feel off with their design choices as of late...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Canis said:

-snip-

They put most of the content coming out for the game into an open beta, but not character updates for some reason?

Presumably for shock value on all the new features added, which is a dangerous way to add content IMO.

edit: Not "SHOCK VALUE" in a bad way I mean, as in "wow look at all this cool new character stuff being launched RIGHT NOW!"

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 5

I still think weremoose should be a late game transformation. Think about it, the more days you go through the more useless weregoose become since when you get a dark sword and healing food/item Woodie become stronger then moose which I dont think it make sense. Moose idol should cost like 6 living log+++ for a big buff in power cause the way it is now his fighting mode still is too weak. He need more power.