Ancient gateway and moon theory

Epic gamers, I have a theory that may or may not loosely connect the ONI and DST universes. I think we can assume that the ONI universe is just our universe at a later point in time (because I don't know much about ONI), and that time passes faster in the Constant, which I believe was confirmed in a live stream(???). In both the Constant and the ONI universe, we see what looks like a shattered moon (DST ROT cinematic) and a shattered earth (ONI forgot the names cinematic). So because of the different time speeds, these could have happened at the same time, and they were joined together because of s p o o k y s p a c e m a g i c or something. The nightmares might have something to do with it. Or the moon. Or something. 

2 hours ago, broskeet said:

Epic gamers, I have a theory that may or may not loosely connect the ONI and DST universes. I think we can assume that the ONI universe is just our universe at a later point in time (because I don't know much about ONI), and that time passes faster in the Constant, which I believe was confirmed in a live stream(???). In both the Constant and the ONI universe, we see what looks like a shattered moon (DST ROT cinematic) and a shattered earth (ONI forgot the names cinematic). So because of the different time speeds, these could have happened at the same time, and they were joined together because of s p o o k y s p a c e m a g i c or something. The nightmares might have something to do with it. Or the moon. Or something. 

the point in which the gravitas facilities (oni's closest equivalent to ruins) were still active was in the 23rd (or was it 24th?) century. The actual game likely takes place a good few years afterwards. Wilson entering the constant takes place at 1921. 

The constant's moon is entirely different to the shattered planet that we see in the ONI universe. The constant's moon is, while we have no confirmations of any sort, is likely falling apart due to things occuring _inside_ the constant and/or it's surrounding dimensions (forge, gorge). The ONI shattered planet is Earth after an apocalyptic event that occurred after a time travelling generator went haywire and exploded, sending crud-tons of debris every which way, inside one of these bits of debris being the printing pod.

I'm all for connections to ONI and DS, but lets keep it scientific gosh darn it! Here's a resource of oni lore if you don't actually have the game/can't be bothered to farm lore bits. https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/cz1re6/complete_lore_dump_done/

5 hours ago, lbphero said:

the point in which the gravitas facilities (oni's closest equivalent to ruins) were still active was in the 23rd (or was it 24th?) century. The actual game likely takes place a good few years afterwards. Wilson entering the constant takes place at 1921. 

The constant's moon is entirely different to the shattered planet that we see in the ONI universe. The constant's moon is, while we have no confirmations of any sort, is likely falling apart due to things occuring _inside_ the constant and/or it's surrounding dimensions (forge, gorge). The ONI shattered planet is Earth after an apocalyptic event that occurred after a time travelling generator went haywire and exploded, sending crud-tons of debris every which way, inside one of these bits of debris being the printing pod.

I'm all for connections to ONI and DS, but lets keep it scientific gosh darn it! Here's a resource of oni lore if you don't actually have the game/can't be bothered to farm lore bits. https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/cz1re6/complete_lore_dump_done/

It's too weird

I noticed this pattern:

Gorge: Mouth

Constant/Moon: Eye

Ancients incident/Metheus/Them: Eye (see in the murals)

Forge: Horns/Head

No wonder Charlie was interested in the gateways. She wants to create the ultimate life form using every "higher" being to destroy everything, reducing everything to zero.

13 hours ago, lbphero said:

thank you, epic gamer, very cool

Personally, I think the moon is in itself a living creature. More specifically I think the moon is an "eye". On the art for the Return of Them Wilson is seen below the moon with what appears to be an iris looking down upon him; further suggested by the fact that the icon for enlightenment is represented as an eyeball and the Gestalts themselves are vessels being used by an entity to communicate. Each survivor says something unusual about the Gestalts, more specifically Maxwell whom states the entity as an "it" instead of a "they", leading one to assume that "it" is one singular entity altogether. The survivors that do acknowledge the Gestalts as a majority state that they share one mind in behavior. 

These are just my 2-cents, take it with a grain of salt. Here's a link to the wiki page of the Gestalts where you can see all the quotes and decide for yourselves. https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Gestalt 

DST_Turn_of_Tides_Promo.png

9 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Personally, I think the moon is in itself a living creature. More specifically I think the moon is an "eye". On the art for the Return of Them Wilson is seen below the moon with what appears to be an iris looking down upon him; further suggested by the fact that the icon for enlightenment is represented as an eyeball and the Gestalts themselves are vessels being used by an entity to communicate. Each survivor says something unusual about the Gestalts, more specifically Maxwell whom states the entity as an "it" instead of a "they", leading one to assume that "it" is one singular entity altogether. The survivors that do acknowledge the Gestalts as a majority state that they share one mind in behavior.

I have been writing about it in almost all my posts on this topic.

I must ask yet again why did you bring up the pointless argument of Woodie and Wilba again? Lucy isnt a murder weapon it's his wife. Why else would he be so attached. Plus it does no damage. Woodie's wife probably died and Maxwell offered to bring her back in the constant. The "Moon" gave him no new curse he simply began controlling it(Said by multiple character quotes on idols). ALSO once again. ROG Pigs give wilba gifts. PK left to rule freely. Queen probably had all the power or similar to drive off the king. There he lost himself to the wild and began losing intelligence 

@maciu67 Please cease your pointless off topic rants and pushing on the same proof-less theories.

On 14. 9. 2019 at 10:52 PM, maciu67 said:

I know _ivoCZE_ told you that.

Late reply but; Geez.

Oh look, wilba has a weird item that looks like some sort of royal thing, preventing her from transformation...

Oh look, pigking has a strange crown and doesn't transform, HmMm...

Seriously, this is putting two and two together and I did not infact contact Mooagain about the crown thing.

7 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Proof?

Female axe that is highly attached.  Check. Explains why he went into constant. Check. Mentioned during a dev stream. Check. @maciu67

Lucy=Wife. Supported by many factors and even mentioned by a developer (stream dude). Lucy=murder weapon. Makes no sense due to its low damage. Is a random guess. Why isnt woodie killing survivors if he is a murderer

1 hour ago, Casul said:

Female axe that is highly attached.  Check. Explains why he went into constant. Check. Mentioned during a dev stream. Check. @maciu67

Lucy=Wife. Supported by many factors and even mentioned by a developer (stream dude). Lucy=murder weapon. Makes no sense due to its low damage. Is a random guess. Why isnt woodie killing survivors if he is a murderer

Who mentioned this?

1 hour ago, Casul said:

its low damage

Did you hear abaut walking cane?

1 hour ago, Casul said:

Star I hate that it came to an argument immediately but you must have a bit of context here. Maciu67 mentions her "pig king isnt Wilbas dad" theory and a few other theories everywhere. On dead threads,on poll threads, on unrelated threads etc. None of it makes a lick of sense and once someone points it out she leaves and immediately does it again on another thread. I see it everywhere 

On this forum we have lots of lore threads and I say what I think.

3 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Who mentioned this?

Did you hear abaut walking cane?

On this forum we have lots of lore threads and I say what I think.

Okay so first off. The weekly streams on twitch? It's been mentioned multiple times by various people. Second off walking cane isnt meant to be a weapon. If Lucy was a murder weapon it wouldnt be weak.(also its about). And finally this topic has nothing to do with pigking. Its irrelevant. There are maybe topics on hamlet lore but it doesnt belong here. Oh wait you killed all those threads with the same spammed opinion and disregard for facts. Forgot

@maciu67 Wilba isnt in DST and hamlet has nothing to do with DST. Post about it in Hamlet forums. Not the DST side. You constantly fill topics with unrelated spam and random theories. And then you sit and defend those theories until everyone leaves and the thread dies. Then you to to another thread.

Yes. Do not summon the greater and almighty one casually was indeed the intention. I do not write Lore- be glad, it would be wayyyy more twisted if I had my meddling hands in it. I am just here to moderate, sometimes. 

I would be amused to hear what you think might happen if Lore was left in the hands of the moderators though. 

Archived