Mooagain

Ancient gateway and moon theory

broskeet    23

Epic gamers, I have a theory that may or may not loosely connect the ONI and DST universes. I think we can assume that the ONI universe is just our universe at a later point in time (because I don't know much about ONI), and that time passes faster in the Constant, which I believe was confirmed in a live stream(???). In both the Constant and the ONI universe, we see what looks like a shattered moon (DST ROT cinematic) and a shattered earth (ONI forgot the names cinematic). So because of the different time speeds, these could have happened at the same time, and they were joined together because of s p o o k y s p a c e m a g i c or something. The nightmares might have something to do with it. Or the moon. Or something. 

lbphero    549
2 hours ago, broskeet said:

Epic gamers, I have a theory that may or may not loosely connect the ONI and DST universes. I think we can assume that the ONI universe is just our universe at a later point in time (because I don't know much about ONI), and that time passes faster in the Constant, which I believe was confirmed in a live stream(???). In both the Constant and the ONI universe, we see what looks like a shattered moon (DST ROT cinematic) and a shattered earth (ONI forgot the names cinematic). So because of the different time speeds, these could have happened at the same time, and they were joined together because of s p o o k y s p a c e m a g i c or something. The nightmares might have something to do with it. Or the moon. Or something. 

the point in which the gravitas facilities (oni's closest equivalent to ruins) were still active was in the 23rd (or was it 24th?) century. The actual game likely takes place a good few years afterwards. Wilson entering the constant takes place at 1921. 

The constant's moon is entirely different to the shattered planet that we see in the ONI universe. The constant's moon is, while we have no confirmations of any sort, is likely falling apart due to things occuring _inside_ the constant and/or it's surrounding dimensions (forge, gorge). The ONI shattered planet is Earth after an apocalyptic event that occurred after a time travelling generator went haywire and exploded, sending crud-tons of debris every which way, inside one of these bits of debris being the printing pod.

I'm all for connections to ONI and DS, but lets keep it scientific gosh darn it! Here's a resource of oni lore if you don't actually have the game/can't be bothered to farm lore bits. https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/cz1re6/complete_lore_dump_done/

maciu67    356
5 hours ago, lbphero said:

the point in which the gravitas facilities (oni's closest equivalent to ruins) were still active was in the 23rd (or was it 24th?) century. The actual game likely takes place a good few years afterwards. Wilson entering the constant takes place at 1921. 

The constant's moon is entirely different to the shattered planet that we see in the ONI universe. The constant's moon is, while we have no confirmations of any sort, is likely falling apart due to things occuring _inside_ the constant and/or it's surrounding dimensions (forge, gorge). The ONI shattered planet is Earth after an apocalyptic event that occurred after a time travelling generator went haywire and exploded, sending crud-tons of debris every which way, inside one of these bits of debris being the printing pod.

I'm all for connections to ONI and DS, but lets keep it scientific gosh darn it! Here's a resource of oni lore if you don't actually have the game/can't be bothered to farm lore bits. https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/cz1re6/complete_lore_dump_done/

It's too weird

• Confused 1

axxel    1,015

I noticed this pattern:

Gorge: Mouth

Constant/Moon: Eye

Ancients incident/Metheus/Them: Eye (see in the murals)

Forge: Horns/Head

No wonder Charlie was interested in the gateways. She wants to create the ultimate life form using every "higher" being to destroy everything, reducing everything to zero.

maciu67    356
59 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

too many different theories, too much confusion.

@JoeW, please tell us! we need to know! tell us about the salt formations!

We have to know anything.

(Especially about Wilba's father)

• Thanks 1

broskeet    23
13 hours ago, lbphero said:

thank you, epic gamer, very cool

• Like 1

Owlrus98    381

Personally, I think the moon is in itself a living creature. More specifically I think the moon is an "eye". On the art for the Return of Them Wilson is seen below the moon with what appears to be an iris looking down upon him; further suggested by the fact that the icon for enlightenment is represented as an eyeball and the Gestalts themselves are vessels being used by an entity to communicate. Each survivor says something unusual about the Gestalts, more specifically Maxwell whom states the entity as an "it" instead of a "they", leading one to assume that "it" is one singular entity altogether. The survivors that do acknowledge the Gestalts as a majority state that they share one mind in behavior. 

These are just my 2-cents, take it with a grain of salt. Here's a link to the wiki page of the Gestalts where you can see all the quotes and decide for yourselves. https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Gestalt 

DST_Turn_of_Tides_Promo.png

maciu67    356
9 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Personally, I think the moon is in itself a living creature. More specifically I think the moon is an "eye". On the art for the Return of Them Wilson is seen below the moon with what appears to be an iris looking down upon him; further suggested by the fact that the icon for enlightenment is represented as an eyeball and the Gestalts themselves are vessels being used by an entity to communicate. Each survivor says something unusual about the Gestalts, more specifically Maxwell whom states the entity as an "it" instead of a "they", leading one to assume that "it" is one singular entity altogether. The survivors that do acknowledge the Gestalts as a majority state that they share one mind in behavior.

I have been writing about it in almost all my posts on this topic.

Edited by maciu67