Ancient gateway and moon theory

After seeing the discussion about the gateway in the data mining thread, I have had an idea about the way the gateway works, as well as some other stuff.

Before we begin, I must say, why does nobody seem to care about Wortox's quotes? After reading through them I must say I think Wortox knows more than Maxwell does!

Anyway...

In Hamlet, we saw the Aporkalypse calendar starting and stopping the end of the world. When the calendar is spun, the world spins with it. When the sun and moon and this other shape

AporkalypseBEGUN

When the Aporkalypse begins, we see there are four celestial bodys the calendar seems to control. The cone in the center is most likely the ground we stand on, (hovering above a shape that looks like the nightmare lock in Maxwell's throne room) while the shapes orbiting it are the sun, the moon, and an unidentified sphere. In the trailer we see this sphere pass in front of the sun, causing a solar eclipse, while simultaneously beginning a lunar eclipse.

This sphere blocks the light from the sun, which normally keeps the shadows away, and changes, or corrupts the light from the moon, causing the shadows to become more powerful, much like how the shadow pieces can only be summoned in the absence of the moon.

Therefore, I believe there are three things orbiting the constant, and most likely they have sentience. @Zeklo said in one of his lore videos "And what better place to stare down at your entertainment than the sky itself?" I believe that the unidentified sphere is the real "Them".

And that brings us to the Ancient Gateway, the thing that seems to have started it all, and is most likely the thing They need to achieve victory.

Many have speculated that the Gateway is powered by the Moon, based on the appearance of opal gems in the Gorge, but the gems never appear in the other keys.

lavaarena_keyinsert-5.png.58b95edf97ff3fef0e368cdf0d205700.pnglatest?cb=20170224232118

The key in the forge seems to have a yellow gem in it, while the key in the constant seems to have no gem in it.

Let's look at the forge first

In the forge, we see a lot of lava, and the realm is said to be very hot, (The forge smells like "bacon and sweat.") Wortox says "From lava floes bellow this glimmering yellow." when he examines the yellow gems, and the only time we see lava is in the forge and in the dragonfly setpiece, which is brought about by the summer sun. Wortox also says that the forge portal is fire powered, another cross with the sun. This has led me to believe that the "Sun" is more than it seems, just like the "Moon". 

This suggests that the gateway has a different power source in different realms, the "Moon" powers the gorge end, the "Sun" powers the Forge, but what powers our end? 

To be honest, I haven't been able to find much of anything that can answer that question, but I do have an idea: Life.

Atrium Statue Mined

We've seen that thulecite is probably made of the remains of the Ancient people, after their souls were sucked out and turned into terrorbeaks. The thulecite seems to be what the key on our end is made up of, and then there is the way we get the key. When the ancient guardian dies, shadows fly out of him and leave behind a giant chest, containing the key. The key could have been charged by the guardians life force the same way the gorge key was charged by the moon.

So that takes care of the power source for the three realms we have seen so far, but what about that third celestial body we saw in the calendar? We've never seen it before, aside from the hamlet trailer when it blocks the sun. 

I believe that we have yet to see it because we can't see it. A black orb in the sky, against a black night? Maybe the only way to see it, is if we know what to look for...

Which leads to a biiig stretch. In D&D in the Dragonlance world, there are three deities that control the use of magic, Lunitari, Solinari, and Nuitari. They take the form of three moons orbiting the world, one red, one white, one black. See where this is going? The white and red moons are visible to all people, but only evil people can find where the black moon is in the sky. I think that the reason we can only see two of these things on the calendar is because the last is not visible to us, unless we fill some criteria we have yet to uncover.

My guess is that the third event, the one after the gorge, we will see a key with a purple gem in it, or a nightmare powered gateway. This third event will be based around fighting Them, and possibly a way to "win" the game.

That's all I have for now, sorry for the long read.

18 hours ago, Mooagain said:

we see there are four celestial bodys the calendar seems to control

We have only two celestial bodies Moon and sun. Pedestal is a Constant and Cone is Hamlet (Hamlet is part of constant). The Constant is a centre of universe.

18 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Many have speculated that the Gateway is powered by the Moon, based on the appearance of opal gems in the Gorge, but the gems never appear in the other keys

Ancient Gateway is powered by them. They create thid structure to have more power and destroy Ancient Race. They don't want to survivors travels further than to the Forge but Moon want it so let survivors make Key using opal gems.

2 hours ago, maciu67 said:

We have only two celestial bodies Moon and sun. Pedestal is a Constant and Cone is Hamlet (Hamlet is part of constant). The Constant is a centre of universe.

There are THREE pieces rotating around the Cone; Moon, XXXX and the Sun is affixed to the pedestal

11 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

or maybe its full moon, half moon, and we just cant see new moon?

during new moon, we can spawn the shadow clockworks. so new moon is the evil moon we cant see.

Thanks to you I can present this picture for the third time:

08739c360f7f1f41med.png

New moon and full moon is just a phases of Moon. During full moon (and other phases excluding new moon) shadow energy can't embody in Shadow pieces because The Moon is too powerfull. As you can see these are two opposing forces.

19 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

so new moon is the evil moon we cant see.

Despite the fact that we have two opposing forces The Moon is as evil as They are.

2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Despite the fact that we have two opposing forces The Moon is as evil as They are.

First of all, the horror hound, pengull, and shattered spider belong in the both category, as Maxwell created many creatures of the constant.

Also, how is the "Moon" evil? The "Moon" has done nothing to harm us so far.

8 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

First of all, the horror hound, pengull, and shattered spider belong in the both category, as Maxwell created many creatures of the constant.

These creatures are solely the product of the Moon because it has the terrifying ability to create hybrids and reorganize life. The creatures appeared in Constant after the Moon created lunar Island.

12 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Also, how is the "Moon" evil? The "Moon" has done nothing to harm us so far.

Because Moon is not as chaotic as They and works more gently. The moon is still using Wormwood as an agent, twice tried to possess Woodie and probably killed Wilba's father.

9 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

These creatures are solely the product of the Moon because it has the terrifying ability to create hybrids and reorganize life. The creatures appeared in Constant after the Moon created lunar Island.

What? Hounds have been in the game since release, they're not new at all.

10 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Because Moon is not as chaotic as They and works more gently. The moon is still using Wormwood as an agent, twice tried to possess Woodie and probably killed Wilba's father.

Wormwood as a what? When has Wormwood ever done anything wrong?

When was Woodie possessed? He has a curse, which he has recently learned to control. 

Also, Wilba's father is alive and well, he's right here:

Pig King

47 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

What? Hounds have been in the game since release, they're not new at all.

Horror Hounds

Wormwood as a what? When has Wormwood ever done anything wrong?

Wormwood did nothing wrong. He is the moon scout. Thanks to him Moon can see ruins, Ancien Gateway and Fuelweaver himself. The Moon sees, hears and feels everything that wormwood sees, hears and feels but Wormwood is not aware of this.

When was Woodie possessed? He has a curse, which he has recently learned to control. 

In real world Woodie of course wasn't turning into werebeaver but he did there something terrible (crime) and he wanted maxwell to help him (this is the reason why Winona knew about him. He just coomit a crime and the newspaper wrote about the disappearance of the criminal). When Maxwell banished him to the Constant Woodie had terrible remorse (He shows he is sensitive when examining butterfly wings and he is also religious). The Moon noticed that and Woodie's remorse embodied into werebeawer curse and lucy (murder weapon) thanks to celestial energy. Moon wanted to have its slave in constant but Woodie was still independend. Another Moon experiment was to create Wormwood. He is still "moon agent" but Moon wasn't satisfied with result. After Celestial Leader created Lunar Island on Constant it was very close to Woodie and was able to trasform him into two new forms using his memories of Canada. But again it failed to make him dependent on its. When Woodie was on Lunar Island The Moon itself told Woodie about cursed idols using celestial altar because Moon does not give up so easily.

Also, Wilba's father is alive and well, he's right here:

Pig King

This bulb is not Wilba's father:

He do not turn into werepig during Full Moon

Wilba says about him "TIS TRADER KING"

How Queen Malfalfa can meet him in RoG she was never leaving her city and she had to build science machine, alchemy engine, hogus porkusator and finally Shadow manipulator to build Skyworthy and to travel to Rog. There Sshe had "romantic situation" with semi-inteligent village chief.

This is my theory:

Wilba's father found "third power" which hates both Moon and Them (maybe the embodiment of this force is silver). For thist reason Wilba's father was killed by Moon or Charlie (as shadow queen) but before it he gave her Silver Necklace.

2 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Horror Hounds

Maxwell created hounds, and then the "Moon" transforms them.

3 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Wormwood did nothing wrong. He is the moon scout. Thanks to him Moon can see ruins, Ancien Gateway and Fuelweaver himself. The Moon sees, hears and feels everything that wormwood sees, hears and feels but Wormwood is not aware of this.

In real world Woodie of course wasn't turning into werebeaver but he did there something terrible (crime) and he wanted maxwell to help him (this is the reason why Winona knew about him. He just coomit a crime and the newspaper wrote about the disappearance of the criminal). When Maxwell banished him to the Constant Woodie had terrible remorse (He shows he is sensitive when examining butterfly wings and he is also religious). The Moon noticed that and Woodie's remorse embodied into werebeawer curse and lucy (murder weapon) thanks to celestial energy. Moon wanted to have its slave in constant but Woodie was still independend. Another Moon experiment was to create Wormwood. He is still "moon agent" but Moon wasn't satisfied with result. After Celestial Leader created Lunar Island on Constant it was very close to Woodie and was able to trasform him into two new forms using his memories of Canada. But again it failed to make him dependent on its. When Woodie was on Lunar Island The Moon itself told Woodie about cursed idols using celestial altar because Moon does not give up so easily.

Do you have any evidence for any of this?

3 hours ago, maciu67 said:

This bulb is not Wilba's father:

He do not turn into werepig during Full Moon

Wilba says about him "TIS TRADER KING"

How Queen Malfalfa can meet him in RoG she was never leaving her city and she had to build science machine, alchemy engine, hogus porkusator and finally Shadow manipulator to build Skyworthy and to travel to Rog. There Sshe had "romantic situation" with semi-inteligent village chief.

This is my theory:

Wilba's father found "third power" which hates both Moon and Them (maybe the embodiment of this force is silver). For thist reason Wilba's father was killed by Moon or Charlie (as shadow queen) but before it he gave her Silver Necklace.

1. If Wilba's father can get Wilba a silver charm, why can't he get one for himself? It might be in his crown.

2. Wilba most likely never met her father, so she wouldn't recognize him either way.

3. The Pig King vignette says "Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in the constant." So they probably all had to leave Hamlet. (Probably due to their curse not being accepted.) Plus, if PK isn't Wilba's father, then wtf is this doing in hamlet?

3 hours ago, -Variant said:

This was never confirmed.

While being the most probable answer, with him coming from Hamlet and all, it still doesn't add up and isn't officially confirmed yet.

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.

They really couldn't be much clearer than this.

11 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Maxwell created hounds, and then the "Moon" transforms tchem

This is what I ment.

12 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Do you have any evidence for any of this?

I have something better - my intuition

(Wormwood animation and Joe's quote about Woodie's new forms.)

16 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

1. If Wilba's father can get Wilba a silver charm, why can't he get one for himself? It might be in his crown

I know _ivoCZE_ told you that.

17 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

3. The Pig King vignette says "Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in the constant." So they probably all had to leave Hamlet. (Probably due to their curse not being accepted.) Plus, if PK isn't Wilba's father, then wtf is this doing in hamlet?

This Home is the Forge. True Wilba's father was in RoG and Queen Malfalfa heard about pig king beefalos and werepigs and decided to make this decorations.

3 hours ago, Mooagain said:

1. If Wilba's father can get Wilba a silver charm, why can't he get one for himself? It might be in his crown.

I would like to believe that the Pig King we all know and love has an infinite supply of gold, in his stomach, which works the same as silver, preventing him from turning during the full moon. So he still has the curse, but doesn't turn. Because of the gold. In his stomach.

Archived