Chopping Comparison: Why Is Maxwell Considered Best Again? (New Footages Includes Collecting)

3 hours ago, Bird Up said:

I will never understand why fast log collecting is such a hot topic on these forums.

probably becasue wood is one of the most commonly and mass-used items in the game, and as such players are always looking for the best ways to collect it.

but to answer OP, as your later testing found out, Maxwell outpaces woodie due to the fact that he can cut wood, dig up stumps, and pick up logs all at the same time. This ends up massivly decreasing the ammount of time he spends collecting wood, even if he doesn't cut down the trees themselves quite as fast.

16 hours ago, goatt said:

- regular chopping 135 sec - Winner unexpected

How?  With 4 allied pigs.

21 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I will never understand why fast log collecting is such a hot topic on these forums.

Aw mate I hate how long it takes to chop down forests. I totally get these discussions :D

And I actually have fun figuring these details out.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

but to answer OP, as your later testing found out, Maxwell outpaces woodie due to the fact that he can cut wood, dig up stumps, and pick up logs all at the same time. This ends up massivly decreasing the ammount of time he spends collecting wood, even if he doesn't cut down the trees themselves quite as fast.

Well in that testing the regular chopping won so I don't really... trust it.  Just finished downloading the video they linked. The regular chopping is actually with 4 pigs allied to you. I'd still prefer multiple runs of the test for an average, but what it seems is that the fastest way is Puppets + As many pigs as you can. (or as much food as you can to hire them for).

But anyway at least now Woodie does it not only for cheaper, but while having the option to spawn more treeguards (for the living logs) or no treeguards at all.

So that's real nice.

11 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Using a blatantly advantageous mod to compare? I honestly don't think we should be saying who is better based on mods.

I guess that's the part of me speaking that really dislikes action queue reborn. I like having to manually do my tasks.

you can mouse click the trees while holding space bar, which will produce same / similar result depending how good you are at it. I'm using this mod just cuz I'm lazy, and this will produce best possible result. But mod or without mod, the result I provided tells the same thing.

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

My snoopy parody offended you?:wilson_shocked:

I'm quite certain they imitated the face of the sleeping hound which in turn likely means they appreciate the image and think good of it.

I don't quite possibly fathom how you could misunderstand this.

Archived