• No Phase Change in Pipes
    • Off Screen Conveyor Mechanics
    • Geyser/Volcano/Vent Yellow Alert Viewer
    • Flash Flaking
    • Command Capsule Reset
    • Trap-less Critter Wrangling
    • 200x Temperature Multiplier on Rails
    • SHC Differences

It's searchable, but not easily as the page is currently in your sandbox rather than a page in the wiki. It was moved there because to the community manager it looked like you were experimenting/learning how to edit the wiki. 

I would suggest that you move the page to here https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Guide/ONI_university. This way it will be categorised as a guide. Conveniently, on the main page exists a button that links to all pages that are categorised as guides. 

You may want to make a note of your intentions either in on the page or the discussion to avoid confusion. 

51 minutes ago, Chintam said:

This way it will be categorised as a guide.

I'd rather not put it there. It's more of a reference/referral/resource than a guide. I don't think it can be classified as a guide at all. It is a wiki in of itself with the "pages" being the forum links. Page links from the guide category could easily be put in the uni if the source information was unique, written there, and not referenced from somewhere else. What would save the wiki in general is if someone went through all of these posts/databases that I've found and updated each page of the wiki. That would require a lot of effort and re-writing/phrasing to keep the wiki relevant. The other side to that is new breakthroughs happen all the time on the forums (reddit too I've heard, but I don't use it as much). They also happen on youtube, but it is slightly more difficult to find that information unless you've already watched said video or someone has turned it into a thread. Point is I'm not sure where to put it. the wiki could benefit from it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will find a place inside of it.

Side note; I need to add a link to discord, twitter, and possibly reddit in the uni. Maybe then I can replace jjcm's pin :twisted:

Technically this is not a guide either.

Is it just me or does the discussion pages seem unintuitive in the wiki. It doesn't even look like much was said on the main page even in the history.

You're right that oni university is technically a compilation of guides, builds, other miscellaneous information, however putting in the guide category would serve the purpose we want. It would be quite ridiculous for someone to remove oni university from the guide category due to sheer pedantry.

I think putting it in the guide category is fine because it will serve the purpose of getting the information out there, and it will give us time to slowly assimilate the information into the rest of the wiki. 

23 minutes ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

What would save the wiki in general is if someone went through all of these posts/databases that I've found and updated each page of the wiki.

That is my plan. This is why active editors are always required because games changes, innovations and discoveries will mean that pages will always need updating. 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:39 AM, Chintam said:

I think putting it in the guide category is fine because it will serve the purpose of getting the information out there, and it will give us time to slowly assimilate the information into the rest of the wiki. 

I could do that then.

idk how to move it... I got to go to an appointment rn, but I will figure that out later. Still don't know how.

Archived