Where did the idols come from...?

Okay okay okay, let'a put all issues aside and talk about lore:

Where did Woodie learn how to make those idols in the first place?

Someone must've explained how to make idols to let him control his own therian power. Could he have met a gypsy just like Lawrence Talbot?

It's kind of a shame the short didn't even talk about the origin of the idols, but still let's discuss their origins.

There are natives in Canada that might have assisted Woodie into lowering his menace in Canada. My buddy @Raven Crow even described Woodie as a skinwalker.

I honestly think he just made them up on his own. I mean, I doubt there’s any kind of previous “Were-Canada” tombs of knowledge lying around. 

As for knowledge into the transformation, I remember hearing on stream how for this update they wanted to approach Woodie like the other full-moon transformations, thus the whole monster meat thing.

From this, we can determine that whatever gave the pigs their curse, probably gave Woodie his as well. 

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maxwell was nice enough to teach Woodie how to control his therian powers?:wilson_shocked:

Maxwell gave him the beaver,Charlie(Bad)the Goose,Charlie(good)then the Moose .Maxwell realised what the *blep* was going on and helped him control it.

Just now, I_Link_I said:

Maxwell gave him the beaver,Charlie(Bad)the Goose,Charlie(good)then the Moose .Maxwell realised what the *blep* was going on and helped him control it.

Makes sense. Moosegoose came around when Reign of Giants came around. The three transformations are kind of a callback to the DLC.

1 minute ago, metallichydra said:

new buff are now given to woodie, in an attempt to calm down the forums: woodie can now tame the moosegoose, and ride it.

Make the weregoose a steed so it's a alternative boat.:wilson_ecstatic:

8 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

maybe he just suddenly thought "what will happen if i make this meat into idols, eh?"

That explains the purple gunk in the idols...

maxwell's quote on the werebeaver totem states as that "he's learning to control the curse" this means it's is own doing same with warly's quote

by using this we can deduce that woodie learned this probably with the abilities he learnt as he was surviving the constant and that the short was still in the constant not inside the real world

Headcanon: Before he was lured by Maxwell Woodie was cursed by a Native American Canadian tribe because he well was cutting all trees. In the Constant the "curse" has awaken. Woodie somehow learned to choose a specific transormation by creating vessels for an animal spirit he can consume and let them enter his body, triggering the curse.

1 minute ago, axxel said:

Headcanon: Before he was lured by Maxwell Woodie was cursed by a Native American Canadian tribe because he well was cutting all trees. In the Constant the "curse" has awaken. Woodie somehow learned to choose a specific transormation by creating vessels for an animal spirit he can consume and let them enter his body, triggering the curse.

Now if a Woodie short can find a connection between that tribe and the voxola factory, I'd appreciate that.

Just now, minespatch said:

Now if a Woodie short can find a connection between that tribe and the voxola factory, I'd appreciate that.

Too bad Klei showed a showcase for his new abilities. It was a good animation but I was expecting something else because every character rework should come with a "glimpse of their background". I got the feel they missed the point of Woodie's short. :( So we have more room for our theories.

9 minutes ago, axxel said:

Too bad Klei showed a showcase for his new abilities. It was a good animation but I was expecting something else because every character rework should come with a "glimpse of their background". I got the feel they missed the point of Woodie's short. :( So we have more room for our theories.

Maybe they're saving the backstories for a big movie?

Archived