The more I think about it the more Woodies rework seems like a fundamental mess.

On 13/09/2019 at 2:02 AM, Tapirus said:

Weird_Woodie.thumb.png.d0e3d165f7dae9105ae57732f2f52795.png

Well I´m agreed with that, I was waiting a video with some explanation or small clues about Woodie´s backstory, like the previous ones (the origin of Wortox, the born of Wormwood, the old life of Warly, etc.), and, we got a "fight scene"? Nothing about the curse´s nature ("Why he transforms in beaver exactly?"), Lucy or how he was put in the Constant? Kinda strange...

May be they could not think of good way to make the story extremely PG? Old don't starve was more morbid and stylised. They have given up on that completely now. May be his backstory too morbid to put out for the PG and politically correct meta Klei looks like has this days and not think of way to make his backstory not morbid?

Well.. Played with a friend yesterday, me as Woodie and he as Wortox. And it went very well. I think its kind of meta now, Woodie-Moose is extremely good with Wortox healing. We easily taked down two bosses one after another - Klaus on first winter and Dragonfly on the next day. You just need to know, when you wanna use charge as were-moose. For example, i didnt used it on bosses at all, just kited Klaus normal way and then tank all the way on Dragonfly. Charge is extremely good on aoe, with a lot of small enemies, for example on bees, so we just cleared entire biome super fast with only my charges through packs and packs of bees. So yeah, Moose is denitely at a very good state right now, especially with Wortox.
But beaver... he's kinda meh, its just easier to farm logs with Lucy. We needed some sort of buff, but now, as you can chop wood as long as you want, there is no much point in beaver. I guess, if only you need like A LOT of em, so you can farm logs for few days straight, then yeah.
As for goose... well, i think it still needs a buff, like up his speed to 150-160%. Yeah he's kinda okay right now, because he last longer and can walk on water, but... besides that you cant do anything. But whats really important - why he cant go through wormholes? Like, really? Its a form for traveling, right? And goose is kinda small to fit in. This is what definitely needs to be changed.
Another thing, is that hunger sets to 0 after getting back to human form. And.. i dont know, its just feels bad. Yeah, sure, i can live with that, im even got to learn how to play around it, but... But, yeah, without it forms would be too cheap.

3 hours ago, ShadyDax said:

Well.. Played with a friend yesterday, me as Woodie and he as Wortox. And it went very well. I think its kind of meta now, Woodie-Moose is extremely good with Wortox healing. We easily taked down two bosses one after another - Klaus on first winter and Dragonfly on the next day. You just need to know, when you wanna use charge as were-moose. For example, i didnt used it on bosses at all, just kited Klaus normal way and then tank all the way on Dragonfly. Charge is extremely good on aoe, with a lot of small enemies, for example on bees, so we just cleared entire biome super fast with only my charges through packs and packs of bees. So yeah, Moose is denitely at a very good state right now, especially with Wortox.
But beaver... he's kinda meh, its just easier to farm logs with Lucy. We needed some sort of buff, but now, as you can chop wood as long as you want, there is no much point in beaver. I guess, if only you need like A LOT of em, so you can farm logs for few days straight, then yeah.
As for goose... well, i think it still needs a buff, like up his speed to 150-160%. Yeah he's kinda okay right now, because he last longer and can walk on water, but... besides that you cant do anything. But whats really important - why he cant go through wormholes? Like, really? Its a form for traveling, right? And goose is kinda small to fit in. This is what definitely needs to be changed.
Another thing, is that hunger sets to 0 after getting back to human form. And.. i dont know, its just feels bad. Yeah, sure, i can live with that, im even got to learn how to play around it, but... But, yeah, without it forms would be too cheap.

I mean, I made an edit at the top of my original post talking about the hotfix buffs, but aight.

Werebeaver can also mine and dig up berry bushes, cut grass, and twigs too.

Archived