Just Detele the new Woodie pls. He is so weak now.

5d7a8d63336c0_-.gif.a9a741f2efeee761111244fcf8500ddf.gif

Afer Each changed Woodie will lost All hungry.

Old woodie could keep werebeaver for 10 days or much longer. But for now? Only 1 minute.

Does anyone thought moose is strong? Sorry even Wilson could fight like weremoose with dark sword and wood suit. Although he moves faster than moose.

After have 3 monster meat then get 0 hungry? You must be kidding me.

Just Detele it. 

From A 3-year Woodie player.

Just now, 359368170 said:

You are right. I was shocked.I could only traet him as a Wilson with out beard now.

Trust me, people are complaining. If Sdragonhead can bring attention to Wes's cheeks, I'm sure the anger toward the new update will tell the devs that they need to tweak a lot. Don't worry.:wilson_smile:

oof, boy oh boy everything sure got turned into a fire in mere minutes.

TBF, i don't know what to feel. I mean, i *feel* like people are overreacting just a tad bit. While yes, Woodie has gotten a drastic change and obviously needs some tweaking and i can understand why people are not very happy because he is VERY different from his old version. 

But i mean he just came out, we've all probably went into a new world and have hardly played him like a normal character. Though yes i'd say the were meter is very very fast at draining i think that's my slight nitpick as of now.

But i wouldn't want an easy character either so i can understand why there are these side effects as well. 

14 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

oof, boy oh boy everything sure got turned into a fire in mere minutes.

TBF, i don't know what to feel. I mean, i *feel* like people are overreacting just a tad bit. While yes, Woodie has gotten a drastic change and obviously needs some tweaking and i can understand why people are not very happy because he is VERY different from his old version. 

But i mean he just came out, we've all probably went into a new world and have hardly played him like a normal character. Though yes i'd say the were meter is very very fast at draining i think that's my slight nitpick as of now.

But i wouldn't want an easy character either so i can understand why there are these side effects as well. 

I think it has to do with how BLATANT his problems are.

The goose form is worthless, it runs out in a minute, costs 20 health and 30 sanity (numbers might be slightly off), and runs about 15% faster than someone with a walking cane.

His moose form is slow, hardly reduces damage taken, and punishes you for trying to kite enemies by having his meter drain, ontop of again, costing health and sanity to activate, which kinda defeats the purpose of a combat form.

The only real winner here is his Beaver form, but you can't replenish it while it's active.

Any time in a public beta test would have revealed these problems, but instead Woodie was shipped live and his problems are clear.

The 0 hunger can be redundant if you transform at 0 hunger (EDIT: plus you can chain a transformation after another to skip having to eat after every transformation). Moose can easily kill a big mob of spiders in just 2 charges, making him probably faster than wendy/webber/wolfgang at farming those. The Goose can be a cheap way to map out the ruins really early. Those are my thoughts after testing him real quick.

Moose isn't great (good enough nonetheless) to solo bosses from my tests with Deerclopes though, I had to use at least 2 transformations to get the job done.

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

I think it has to do with how BLATANT his problems are.

The goose form is worthless, it runs out in a minute, costs 20 health and 30 sanity (numbers might be slightly off), and runs about 15% faster than someone with a walking cane.

His moose form is slow, hardly reduces damage taken, and punishes you for trying to kite enemies by having his meter drain, ontop of again, costing health and sanity to activate, which kinda defeats the purpose of a combat form.

The only real winner here is his Beaver form, but you can't replenish it while it's active.

Any time in a public beta test would have revealed these problems, but instead Woodie was shipped live and his problems are clear.

Yeahhh they should've put him on beta for at least a week. everything is hell as of now.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm inclined to believe the hunger thing is a bug. Since the new meter is essentially just overwriting the hunger one, so maybe a check/store isn't happening like it should.

At least I hope.

Please, be this.

17 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm inclined to believe the hunger thing is a bug. Since the new meter is essentially just overwriting the hunger one, so maybe a check/store isn't happening like it should.

At least I hope.

I have to agree because i feel like this would have been mentioned in the update if it was intentional.

I like the idea of the new Woodie, and the art of the 3 new forms are flawless and funny, but the reality of the gameplay is in serious need of tweaks.

• Extend the grace periods before the strong drain kicks in to at least 2-3 seconds, to compensate the transformation times.
  • Don't let you go back to Woodie to 0 food, maybe keep at least 5 food, if this is a con.
  • Let goose regen HP at jellybeans rate, and let the form last longer. At least 75% of a day duration if you keep running. This will make it the flee and heal form, or the early scouting form. If you want to go back to Woodie before its time, just stop running and it will revert fast.
  • Let beaver regenerate the beaver meter if he chops trees, so as long as you keep chopping, you won't revert to Woodie. Sooner or later you will either go insane and get constantly attacked by shadows, or run out of trees. Much like the original beaver.
  • Let moose regenerate his moose meter as he hits things, be it by punches or by charging. Give him more defense (90%?), since he seems to be meant to tank. If you got too hurt, turn to goose for a while and heal running around. Or just heal as Woodie with all the normal human healing methods, before continuing the fight.
  • As @Canis suggested, lower the damage the totems give you. You start off pretty hurt. 15 damage and 10 sanity is enough.

I'm just trying to imagine how strong he would be in the caves/ruins if his forms lasted longer. The hunger thing is non-problematic, you just have to tweak your playstyle a bit. The hunger penalty and sanity drain can be countered with few dried meats or any other good food really. And if you don't find his forms usable, just prepare for the full-moon one and don't use them otherwise. He still has his quick chopping and his beard with no downsides to it.

1 minute ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I'm just trying to imagine how strong he would be in the caves/ruins if his forms lasted longer. The hunger thing is non-problematic, you just have to tweak your playstyle a bit. The hunger penalty and sanity drain can be countered with few dried meats or any other good food really. And if you don't find his forms usable, just prepare for the full-moon one and don't use them otherwise. He still has his quick chopping and his beard with no downsides to it.

He is pretty good for ruins imo, farm moose and goose totems and get blue mushrooms, have fun transforming back to back and only healing when really needed.

No science  machine challenge ruins rush, anyone?

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Trust me, people are complaining. If Sdragonhead can bring attention to Wes's cheeks, I'm sure the anger toward the new update will tell the devs that they need to tweak a lot. Don't worry.:wilson_smile:

And the devs will listen. This reminded me of Wheeler's dev phase where the devs listened to active community feedback on her stats.

I wanted to throw in my suggestions as well. I think @ShadowDuelist got some really good suggestions posted and I wanted to add on to that.

• The Combat Form (Because that forum Easter Egg makes it difficult to state it differently from his actual Goose form) might also benefit from a slow health regeneration. Since the Goose form could be used to scout, heal and run away, then maybe have the Combat Form's healing be less effective than the Goose form. Also, yes, please have the meter refill when you're engaged in combat.
  • I wish that eating logs was still an option when you're in Werebeaver form. I'm still undecided on whether or not not being harassed by Treeguards while in Werebeaver mode is a fair trade off for not being able to refill the meter by eating logs. It feels like you could still do better by just being Woodie and chopping without having to transform.
  • Goose form is kind of a joke at the moment. You run around for a bit before just transforming back. Buff its duration time and maybe sightly increase its speed in addition to what ShadowDuelist suggested.

5d7b188bc77ef_QQ20190911224514.png.dc1191b10f9aa626dd38a989607ac310.png

Wilba can eat monster foods (Monster Meat, Bean Bugs and Gummy Slugs, including cooked and dried variations) without receiving negative effects on health and sanity. She can also eat spoiled food without any loss of sanity.

Wilba will turn into a Werepig during a Full Moon, Aporkalypse, or after eating two monster food items within half a day.

Her Werepig form has some special powers:

• Night vision, which means she is immune to Charlie.
  • Immune to Freezing, Overheating and Fog.
  • Running speed 50% faster.
  • No loss of Sanity in darkness.
  • Her attack does 59.5 damage.
  • Has more Health (350) 
  • Heals herself by 0.5  per second as long as she is not starving.
  • Is able to mine, chop, dig, hammer and hack objects.

In contrast to Woodie's Werebeaver form:

• She is still able to pick up, use, and craft items, while the Werebeaver cannot.
  • The Werebeaver is immune to Poison, while she is not.
  • The Werebeaver is able to absorb 75% of incoming damage, while she cannot.
  • The Map is still available to her.

Wilba reverts back to her normal pig form after the Full Moon or Aporkalypse ends. If the transformation was induced by eating monster food, she will turn back after 1 Day. Each monster food eaten will extend the duration of the transformation by half a Day. Note that Gummy Slugs and Bean Bugs count as monster food and will turn Wilba into a Werepig. Upon returning to her normal form, Wilba will drop 2 Beard Hairs.

From wiki.

@V2C

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I like the idea of the new Woodie, and the art of the 3 new forms are flawless and funny, but the reality of the gameplay is in serious need of tweaks.

• Extend the grace periods before the strong drain kicks in to at least 2-3 seconds, to compensate the transformation times.
  • Don't let you go back to Woodie to 0 food, maybe keep at least 5 food, if this is a con.
  • Let goose regen HP at jellybeans rate, and let the form last longer. At least 75% of a day duration if you keep running. This will make it the flee and heal form, or the early scouting form. If you want to go back to Woodie before its time, just stop running and it will revert fast.
  • Let beaver regenerate the beaver meter if he chops trees, so as long as you keep chopping, you won't revert to Woodie. Sooner or later you will either go insane and get constantly attacked by shadows, or run out of trees. Much like the original beaver.
  • Let moose regenerate his moose meter as he hits things, be it by punches or by charging. Give him more defense (90%?), since he seems to be meant to tank. If you got too hurt, turn to goose for a while and heal running around. Or just heal as Woodie with all the normal human healing methods, before continuing the fight.
  • As @Canis suggested, lower the damage the totems give you. You start off pretty hurt. 15 damage and 10 sanity is enough.

All of these are strong.

Just one of these is enough to be honest.

Woodie can get over Wortox level powerful with 2-3 of these tweaks. It's a fine line the devs used, and better be conservative.

Archived