Canis

Woodie is still "Meh": An Initial Evaluation

Pop Guy    3,513
4 minutes ago, Canis said:

[...]

As much as it pains me to say this, as a Woodie main, I'm more or less disappointed with Woodie. His lackluster abilities, while good in some situations, are extremely niche and will 100% be overshadowed after mid-game, which isn't something a character perk should be. Overall, we're experiencing some bad deja-vu.

Resigned Canis.

Not everyone is destined for great things in this world. Woodie was obviously not among them.

Fortunately I'm main Wendy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pop Guy    3,513
1 minute ago, Canis said:

No. Absolutely not.

I am among the small group of people that have been waiting for this day with baited breath for years, so I have every single right to say that he's bad, and to urge Klei to make him a good character.

Then let's start to prepare the protest: if we want Klei to change his mind we will have to flood the forum of discussions on Woodie, polls and memes. Ready to fight, soldier? :'D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

YouKnowWho    7,496
10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

moose needs hp regeneration or means to passively gain some

This is actually a pretty fantastic idea. I mean, Wilba has it, why can’t woodie?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SouthTom    294
2 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

This is actually a pretty fantastic idea. I mean, Wilba has it, why can’t woodie?

Maybe they don't want them to be too similar so that when they port Wilba from Hamlet (crossing my fingers!) she's still "unique".

• Thanks 1

MilesUpshore    185

the weregoose took me by surprise but all it does so far is running, I suddenly thought of an idea that weregoose should be able to attack enemies (like geese in real life) but it might take away from its initial purpose of being uh...fast

• Like 1

Sunset Skye    4,078
27 minutes ago, Canis said:

So, after spending a solid 30 minutes trying out the new mechanics and transformations,

As much as it pains me to say this, as a Woodie main, I'm more or less disappointed with Woodie. His lackluster abilities, while good in some situations, are extremely niche and will 100% be overshadowed after mid-game

...You spent half an hour in a test world and you've already formed your opinion on the entire rework? At least play him for a bit in a real world before making claims that his abilities are overshadowed in the late-game.

• Thanks 3

minespatch    60,925
3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

i don't see why they should port her tbh... she is cool and all but she doesn't bring anything perticular cool to the table except for the fat that she is what woodie is supposed to be... 

She's like the unholy love child between Webber and Woodie.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

QuartzBeam    364

The Goose only has 40% more speed than the default. Less than an overcharged WX-78 with no cane or magiluminescence.

• Sad 3

Sunset Skye    4,078
2 minutes ago, Canis said:

What do you think I've *been* doing?

If you've been doing this in a real world, it's arguably worse to form an opinion so quickly, because you aren't even be able to spawn in things and test the transformations in a variety of situations. It means you've only experienced 30 minutes of the very early game or 30 minutes of the late-game. That's not even 10 minutes with each transformation, considering you have to take the time to craft the idols.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

I mean, some of these issues can be spotted in almost seconds. They are way too short and will obviously become irrelevant quickly. The instant starvation is also a bummer. 

Instant starvation is a slight annoyance, but it's still just hunger. That's never been hard to come by, especially for a character who can eat any food.

• Like 1