Hi Freya! I'm happy to see you back!

never left... just perfecting my lurker mode :p... until today xD

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Pop Guy    3,513
1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

never left... just perfecting my lurker mode :p... until today xD

I put you in a meme this morning, I needed a face to put on the Dragonfly in the Loading screen ;'D

• Haha 1

Sweaper    85

Just my initial thoughts that I posted in another thread

The 0 hunger can be redundant if you transform at 0 hunger (EDIT: plus you can chain a transformation after another to skip having to eat after every transformation) but it could be a bug too, since the weremeter replaces the hunger icon so those two could've been programmed as the same thing. Moose can easily kill a big mob of spiders in just 2 charges, making him probably faster than wendy/webber/wolfgang at farming those. The Goose can be a cheap way to map out the ruins really early after you find the blue mushtrees forest. Those are my thoughts after testing him real quick.

Moose isn't great (good enough nonetheless) to solo bosses from my tests with Deerclopes though, I had to use at least 2-3 transformations to get the job done.

• Like 1

axxel    1,015

Woodie is now an allrounder. Klei was afraid to give him all-star abilities. Yeah kinda a bummer if you compare it with Wortox' mobility (number of souls) or Wolgang's mighty form (amount of food).

My suggestion regarding the lenght of wereforms: For each segment the moon has the were-meter runs out more slowly. I think in a world with "only day" should update the moon phases anyway so there shouldn't be a problem. Caves are "new moon". I think a timer of 1 min with constantly adding points to the were meter on a full moon is fine. 
A little max HP bonus for the moose would be nice to counter the -30 and the goose doesn't really need HP he would be fine if he has lower max HP.

• Like 2

Can everyone stop ignoring the problems with beaver that never got addressed, woodie's werebeaver is still worse than woodie as a harvester of anything but trees. I made an original comment on the rework announcement that he takes 3x more gnaws on anything that isn't a tree, for example 1 dig of a stumpt is three gnaws of a werebeaver. If they could fix this then he would be *better* but in reality he needs a way to increase were-meter while in wereform.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Canis    9,001
2 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

Can everyone stop ignoring the problems with beaver that never got addressed, woodie's werebeaver is still worse than woodie as a harvester of anything but trees. I made an original comment on the rework announcement that he takes 3x more gnaws on anything that isn't a tree, for example 1 dig of a stumpt is three gnaws of a werebeaver. If they could fix this then he would be *better* but in reality he needs a way to increase were-meter while in wereform.

Honestly, The Werebeaver's fine. although uprooting a stump with one gnaw would be great, especially since the Werebeaver has a tendancy to autotarget stumps more often than not.

• Like 2

FreyaMaluk    5,002
6 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

the gnaws per stump hasn't changed... unfortunately... 

as many other, I also suggested to eliminate the stump stage while gnawing... but that all seems unchanged.... tbh I'm surprised so many cool suggestions didn't make into this version we just got... let's hope the devs change it cuz gnawing three time on stumps blows

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Honestly, The Werebeaver's fine. although uprooting a stump with one gnaw would be great, especially since the Werebeaver has a tendancy to autotarget stumps more often than not.

actually one suggestion I had before was like pound with the beaver's tail to uproot the stumps... that would be fun xD

and I disagree strongly with the idea that gnawing 3 times on a stump is fine... too much unnecessarily long chore time IMO.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Spirit Glow    83
1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think each transformation requires its own duration depending on their usefulness, and the way you stay in the shape should be more rewarding:

GOOSE:  strongly agree it needs to hover, so it can run through the water. I also think goose should get a small passive regeneration, and it should be the one that last the longest - if you fly constantly you should get a day - if you stop moving, you rush the transformation back to woodie.

WEREBEAVER: he's pretty okay, but I think as you chop trees, the bar should actually gain a little, so you could stay as beaver indefinately should you choose so. If you stop chopping trees, the meter will run fast and you will turn back to woodie

WEREMOOSE: Im not sure if this is a bug or its intended, but currently the moose seems to get a lot of extra hp from the jellybeans.
Eat a jellybean, turn to moose, you'll be almost unbeatable

The problem is that it doesn't last enough to do anything useful, despite turning you into godmode for a few seconds. If the jellybeans mechanics is how its mean to be, so be it, but let him regain some of his moose meter as he fights in order to let him do something useful.

Very good suggestions. I think moose should get more max hp or higher armor. The meter timers also def need tweaks.

• Thanks 1