Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

JoeW

I was so busy with Woodie rework I forgot about salty dog.

We finally have salt in DST and this is interesting because saltsticks have Bible references and Woodie is a catholic.

And the lunar Island is not only reason to build boat.

(I noticed one mistake. Warly can make Salt Crystals from Salt Crystals)

Ok so, time for another episode of "What's wrong with this rework!?"

Some of us were ****ting bricks when we heard that the woodie rework was coming, and some of us were going ballistic when it came out.

A lot of us were hoping that Klei was gonna listen to the community like they have with the Willow rework and make something good, but no.

Klei managed to make Woodie worse than before, :D.

To get straight to the heart of the problem, TRANSFORMATIONS.

Moose: God awful, you need to lose 30HP to become moose, it's too slow to kite, it has no healing.
The damage cannot be utilized because tanking cannot be utilized, you'll die.

Give it healing or smth, maybe HP regen, just anything, right now it's awful.

Goose: Too slow, doesn't last long enough, only good early on.

Beaver: What's the point of going beaver now? Losing 30HP? Like what? At least make it chop even faster.

NONE OF THE TRANSFORMATIONS LAST LONG ENOUGH.

Make them last at least 2 days to 1 and a half and they should be a bit better.

Thank you, Klei for giving us another "Flashy" animation which did nothing but bait us into thinking you'd actually put some effort in to give us an insight into the character, oh wait, just like the Willow animation you told us nothing about the character. 

Fix Woodie, kthx bye.

i love the changes

its true that g00se and moose needs LITTLE CHANGES not being op like all of you want

what its the matter about having 3 characters OP? this is not ******* league of ratkids. The original game was suppose to be a difficult game, every character makes this in different ways (willow burning all, Wendy being haunt by abigail, woodie being transform, etc) but now you want ways to make the game easier (when you have a lot mods that makes this)

Well since this is a complaint thread now, might as well throw my 3 cents into the bowl;

Woodie as a his human form is fairly neat, Lucy is godly now and can compete with Maxwells shadows, since she chops Trees like a Moon Glass Axe would at a slightly faster rate. Now to the Weremancy...

Overall all the forms have their ups and downs, but what I hate right now is the fact that they last literally a minute or less, why would I want to be in a form that costs me sanity, HP and the entire hunger bar for a minute... thats a bad tradeoff :( After looking at the code, the decrease is rediculus, Moose and Beaver's Default Decrease is 15, while the Goose's is 12, this ontop adds a modifier Goose's being x5, for Beaver while working its x3, while not its x5, for Moose it's x3 while fighting, but x6 when not. Those are rediculus multipliers that drain the meter in seconds, in my opinion it should be close to old werebeaver, if you complete work (or run a certain distance as the goose) you increase the meter, and now instead if you dont do anything in the form you start working up a multiplier, every (amount of time) your multiplier increases, (starts at 1 and caps at 10 so that you could basically idle it out if you dont want to be in the form)

Goose is ehhh...? It's speed is just x1.4, compare it to a walking cane which is x1.25, so its a semi free walking cane for what, 30s? not that good imo if you ask me, as a proposition I'd give it a whole x1.55 speed mult, as well as the ability to swim at a low movement speed just so its not a complete boat replacement, also keep in mind while swimming you have the risk of drowning when you turn back =P

Beaver is ok, he is a touch faster than a normal player (x1.1) has a natural 25% dmg reduction and cuts down in 1/4 required hits, which is grand if you ask me

Moose is very neat, he deals Thulecite Club Damage as well as has a natural 80% dmg reduction as well as a charge attack, this guy can wreck a lot of small mobs within seconds with the charge as well as pack a huge punch at bosses (solo'd Deerclops with him), I wouldn't change a thing with him.

Overall its just the timers without a proper control and fast drain that are an issue to me, I dont want to be (Wereform) for so short when Im going to sacrifice hunger, sanity and some hp, so yeah, please take this into consideration for a woodie hotfix

Did we get everything we wanted and still wasn't good enough? DST development goes extremely forward, developers have created objects (ships) that can move and carry things while someone manages them, + all other interesting updates from 2019. But there are still people who got everything they wanted and lots of things and everything for free, but you still complain about some updates like now Woodie ...

13 minutes ago, Fi7iP said:

Did we get everything we wanted and still wasn't good enough? DST development goes extremely forward, developers have created objects (ships) that can move and carry things while someone manages them, + all other interesting updates from 2019. But there are still people who got everything they wanted and lots of things and everything for free, but you still complain about some updates like now Woodie ...

We did not get what we wanted. We wanted the Werebeaver to be better. We did not want it crippled just so that two more equally crippled forms would fit into the same character.

17 minutes ago, Fi7iP said:

I didn't want them to make Woodie weaker than he was before? Please stop fanboying over Klei and look at what happened.

24 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

We did not get what we wanted. We wanted the Werebeaver to be better. We did not want it crippled just so that two more equally crippled forms would fit into the same character.

Its forms may change, but most of all we wanted to update woody and now we're getting an update. I think it's even better than before (at least more interesting).

5 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I wonder why the guys at Klei haven't responded yet to the forum fire that has started. Maybe they are taking the weekend off to deal with it Monday? In that case, reworking the rework can wait. The guys probably need some rest.

It is better to wait and do it rightly than to cause a second wave of hellfire.

5 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I wonder why the guys at Klei haven't responded yet to the forum fire that has started. Maybe they are taking the weekend off to deal with it Monday? In that case, reworking the rework can wait. The guys probably need some rest.

My guess is that they probably can't say anything about it yet and are deciding what to do (or y'know just doin' it).

4 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

My guess is that they probably can't say anything about it yet and are deciding what to do (or y'know just doin' it).

It's usually not good practice for a company to get involved in community drama from a vocal standpoint as it can warp their intentions depending on what they say, as was probably the case with the controversy of Warbuck's removal. For example, when Warbucks's retirement was announced they included the lines "culturaly problematic" which set off a lot of people, despite that they probably only thought he was just plain ol' boring and wanted to list off a few minor reasons as well; that one line sparked loads of controversy and debate from people. Stuff like that happens often in other communities as well, so in short I think they're are just being careful about what they say and what actions they take, which is why it seems like they are not getting involved. I should note though that this is only my opinion, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Archived