JoeW

Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

Bird Up    807
4 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

Immediately after TUNING.NO_BOSS_TIME(26 days), the game will pick 25% of the shoals in the world, and if you approach to close, it will spawn the malbatross.
After you kill it, or if you reload the game(the reloading the game thing is probably a bug though), it will be between 5 and 15 days before the game will pick 25% of the shoals(randomly) that could attempt to spawn the malbatross again.
if you ever reload the game, the 25% of shoals will get re-randomized, meaning anytime you save near a shoal, upon entering the game, you have a 25% chance of instantly summoning malbatross assuming that the spawn timer is at 0.

Awesome, I wish i understood lua for stuff like this lol. Any idea what triggers his feathers to drop? I managed to kill him and he didn't even drop enough feathers to make his mast.

ADM    2,331

So I'm currently testing all the new Woodie's change and the first thing that surprised me is not a Woodie feature but the musics.

I like them but I feel like they are "ocean themed", so maybe it's just a bug and are supposed to be played on boat, hum ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tapirus    1,760

*reads the thread*

"Fix Woody"? But you know...I thought people wanted to experience “new styles of gameplay with challenging mechanics” since a while, no?

After all, everybody needs a “proper downside” like hmm...ah yeah, Wormwood who can’t heal from food. heh

• Haha 4

Zarklord    635
15 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Awesome, I wish i understood lua for stuff like this lol. Any idea what triggers his feathers to drop? I managed to kill him and he didn't even drop enough feathers to make his mast.

upon hitting the malbatross, he will attempt to spawn 4 feathers with each feather having 5% chance of dropping.
if the malbatross hits a mast, he will drop 3 feathers, and attempt to drop 2 more with a 30% chance for each.
so you can get 0 to 4 feathers per hit, getting 4 is a ‭0.000625‬% chance though.
and upon hitting a boat mast, he can drop 3-5 feathers, getting 5 is a 9% chance though.

• Thanks 3

Pruinae    1,319
5 minutes ago, Zarklord said:

-snip-

Wooo! Thanks a bunch! (Also sorry for hiding the question post, I got confused with something and didn't wanted to @ you again)

Edited by Pruinae

5 hours ago, Canis said:

WEREGOOSE AND WEREMOOSE IS AN ACTUAL THING WOT

apparently woodie turns into a bird now.
though he does like gooses, those are the only birds he likes.

Cookiemies    97
Just now, watermelen671 said:

Pretty much.

Also it has a cornhole...

image.png.576749087688dd867a3099bdd41fabbf.png

You're welcome. :wilson_goodjob:

Klei should make it be able to swim.. 

If it could swim it would be amazing and a worthwhile transformation. :D

• Like 1

watermelen671    15,550
Just now, commanderdemon said:

apparently woodie turns into a bird now.
though he does like gooses, those are the only birds he likes.

I wonder what the examination quote is for a Woodie examining a Goose Woodie?

Just now, Cookiemies said:

Klei should make it be able to swim.. 

If it could swim it would be amazing and a worthwhile transformation. :D

I just want them to put shorts on the goose. IT'S TOO OBSCENE FOR MY GOOD WHOLESOME CHRISTIAN SERVER!!

• Haha 2

MrSoratori    31

Its Kinda sad to admit -  The goose cant swin and cant run fast enough. Still slow than a  Wolfgang full belly. A shapeshift made to have one single purpose: Run.
You will lost all your hungry points in 60 seconds to gain some mov speeds - nothing that magiluminescence + walking cane can do better.

In the same way, the moose cant be a fighter. 60 seconds isnt good enough, 59 damage isnt good enough. A dark sword its better than this form, and you still fast enough to kitting any enemy. You can use armors in human form, you can heal in human form. A Marble suit + pierogis can do a better performance a milion times than this. 

Too slow, too weak. 60 seconds and you hungry is over. Again.
The price to shapeshift is realy cheap, but just do not worth it

If the point is buff or aprimorate Woodie, Klei, Im sorry to say, but in the first time ever, its fail. Sounds like some gimmicks you will use in start game and never remember the existence after this :T 

• Like 4

TalZahn    66

I agree with the above comments but thought of additional or alternative ideas to make certain forms more useful.

Moose form could use a small temporary health boost, similar to Werewilba perhaps. Since it cannot kite very well, it's essentially going to face tank. Also needs more time, so either more base time, or maybe after dealing so much damage, the timer increases again. If it's supposed to be a fighter, it really needs to be able to last for a bit against a boss. 

Goose form also needs more time. Maybe it could gain more time when running on a road/cobblestone, and as long as it keeps moving, doesn't lose time (but if deemed overpowered, could start giving it a bigger sanity issue after so much time goes by).

And werebeaver should just regen time by chomping. Very simple and easy to maintain. It's just a wood gathering mode, shouldn't have much a time limit excluding your sanity. Maybe also let him dig up stumps in one bite. It's essentially chopping anyway.

And i think after ALL forms expire, you should be left with 5 hunger. Just 5 so if you were low health thanks to moose or something, you have a chance to throw something in your mouth. Maybe even just 3 hunger. 

• Like 4

GetNerfedOn    3,451

i guess we could say that Woodie got nerfed on, hard.

I can only hope that he gets tweaked; this might very well be the case seeing the community's outcry and the devs' usual response to that outcry.

• Like 3