Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

JoeW

21 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

@dansorce is it intended that the moose regains so much hp from jellybeans? its almost like godmode.

The problem is that the moose lasts nearly nothing in order to do anything useful.

Lol I just tried it and it's definitely a bug. The super regen even lasts after he turns back to human.

OH GOD NO, I though the new music applied only to Woodie, that would have been nice however it's for all characters :o where did the old Autumn work go? Is this temporary? Am I dreaming? What's happening here it seems klei is low key trolling everyone with everything with this Woodie rework. I just want some clarification note.

I love what you did with this update, Klei! Woodie is one of my favorite characters actually and tgis update is a nice chunk of fresh air to him and DST in general! You even went out so far as to fix his "aboot" quotes which is awesome! ^^ Unfortunately I'd like to raise a concern: the were-moose is a tad bit week. Currently it only deals the same damage as a fresh ham bat. This goes for the charge's damage too. I'd recommend raising it's damage so it doesn't feel useless once you have a ham bat or a dark sword/glass cutter. A bit more drastic damage output should be fine, I think, given that Wolfgang exist and how limited time this were-state is.

• Developer
31 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Has anyone found out how to find malbatross. I don't care about spawning him using the console. How do I find him normally?

Immediately after TUNING.NO_BOSS_TIME(26 days), the game will pick 25% of the shoals in the world, and if you approach to close, it will spawn the malbatross.
After you kill it, or if you reload the game(the reloading the game thing is probably a bug though), it will be between 5 and 15 days before the game will pick 25% of the shoals(randomly) that could attempt to spawn the malbatross again.
if you ever reload the game, the 25% of shoals will get re-randomized, meaning anytime you save near a shoal, upon entering the game, you have a 25% chance of instantly summoning malbatross assuming that the spawn timer is at 0.

edit: BIRD UP!

although i agree that reworked woodie needs some minor changes, spamming "#fixwoodie" in the largest font possible makes you look a little childish

anyways, i feel like the new transformations don't last nearly as long as they should, even when you're performing the transformation's preferred task. you should replenish your were-meter instead of slightly delaying the human transformation when you do the correct task.

Archived