Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

JoeW

Yeah... I have to say, changing pretty much the most iconic song of Don't Starve seems like a really bad idea. Please change it back, or perhaps have it alternate with the original song. The autumn music is THE Don't Starve song. Is it really gone forever?

Also, my first reaction to the animation was similar to other people's: cool, but there is a blatant lack of backstory, which is frustrating because backstory was what we were told we would be getting for every character's refresh.

That said... I find myself also very relieved, because my headcanon is safe. And perhaps it will remain safe if backstory is ignored for the other characters' refreshes, too.

(Just Wilson, Klei. I'm begging you, do what you want with the others, but Wilson already has a backstory video, don't show any more of his past, my headcanon can't take it...)

OK, what can I say aboot the short...
It was a good short, a very fun one, but it isn't what we expected, I believe. It lacked the lore, it worked more to showcase the transformations than to actually show us his life, story, anything before the constant. It's like showing us a short about Wendy, but not showing Abigail.

P.S: Looking forward to the Malbatross!

25 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Is the new music actually meant to overwrite the autumn work music?

I think it'd work great as the Lunar Island's work music.

It seems so. I am currently making a mod to limit the new music to Lunar Island and/or Ocean.

1 hour ago, axxel said:

Yeah...the autumn music is so pompous now. DST is built on ROG and and now they changed the music. It is hamlet-ly.

EDIT: aaand version 1.0 is out

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1861315172

9 minutes ago, dansorce said:

Which song,
when your chopping trees?
Fighting something? 
sailing.....

Autumn work and fight music was changed. I really like the new ones, but it feels like they would be more fitting for the island. Especially since other seasons' music seem to be unchanged, these new ones sound a bit out-of-place.

Archived