Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

JoeW

Hey everyone!

Here we are again with our next character update! We have a bunch to share, from Woodies’s character refresh, his new skin sets, new twitch drops, Salty Dog comes to beta and a big console update!  

Here we go!

Tree’s a Crowd
Every character has their story, and with each refresh, secrets will be revealed. See what new surprises Woodie has to share with you here:

With the effects of the moon stronger than ever, Woodie has finally embraced his wild side. Armed with two new were-forms and a (knick-)knack for controlling his strange curse, he's ready to face anything the Constant can throw at him.

Woodie Character Refresh

• In addition to Werebeaver, Woodie now has two new transformations that specialize in different things, such as combat and locomotion.
  • A random transformation can be triggered by repeatedly consuming Monster Meat (or prepared dishes like Monster Lasagna).
  • A specific transformation can be triggered by consuming one of the three new craftable idols made with Monster Meat.
  • The Log Meter has been replaced with a Were-Meter that appears only during Woodie’s were-forms.
  • The Were-Meter drains constantly, and Woodie reverts to Human form once it runs out.
  • Performing specific actions will extend Woodie’s time in each were-form.
  • During fullmoon, Woodie is forced into a random transformation (once per fullmoon), and the Were-Meter drains at half the speed.
  • Reduced Woodie’s sanity drain while in were-form.
  • Woodie no longer gains sanity when planting trees.
  • Woodie no longer needs to eat wood.
  • Woodie has a 50% higher chance to spawn Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees.
  • Werebeaver no longer spawns Treeguards and Poison Birchnut Trees
  • Like the Werebeaver, all new were-forms gain night vision and some weather resistance.
  • Woodie can now view the Map while transformed.

We have also added 2 new skin packs for purchase. The Woodie Deluxe Wardrobe contains 5 skins, Woodies Team Player, Guest of Honor, Roseate, Triumphant and Survivor skin sets for $14.49cad ($12.99usd). We have also added the Canadiana Chest which includes the Hockey Helmet, Hockey Stick and Rustic Cabin skins for $4.65cad ($3.99usd).  

Return of Them: Salty Dog (BETA)

Join us on the beta branch and check out the next content update Return of Them: Salty Dog. 

Only the bravest salty dogs will brave the brine shoals to collect the spice of life.  Beware the Malbatross. Many a sailor has had their ship dashed on rocks for tangling with this bad bird.

New things to discover:

• Salt Formations
  • Cookie Cutters
  • New Warly Spice: Salt
  • The Malbatross
  • Resources: Salt Rocks, Feathery Canvas, Malbatross Bill. Cookie Cutter Shell.
  • Craftables:  Salt Box, Winged Sail. Cookie Cutter Cap.

For directions to join the beta branch check out the directions here

New Streaming Drops!

We are adding the Radiant Star Caller's Staff and Prismatic Moon Caller's Staff to the Crystaline collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out our support topic here

starstaff_crystal.png

Console Update:

With the Woodie character refresh we are also updating console with Return of Them: Turn of Tides content! For more info about Turn of Tides please check out this post

Not gonna lie, that video was... weird, heh :livid:

PS: and gonna be true once more - I like the new Woodie, human form. Were-beaver is meh. Were-goose and Were-moose need more love to be actually useful, biggest problem being they are too short in duration; atm they are just.. something to have a bit of fun and that's that.

PPS: the fact, after transformation, you are at 0 hunger = most people will refrain from were-forms. This needs to change. Obligatory trashing of stats was what made werebeaver in DS a no-no for myself (1/3 of them after reverting back); seeing this translated into reworked Woodie in this capacity... is sad. Totally subpar to Winona's and Willow's reworks.

2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Don't know what the trailer is supposed to reveal, the fact that woodie likes to chop logs and gets annoyed by pesky tree guards?

Yeah, i mean they showed us he's new transformations, but i want to know how he got to the constant, we see he's flyer in winona's short.

1 minute ago, Kuba5565 said:

Yeah, i mean they showed us he's new transformations, but i want to know how he got to the constant, we see he's flyer in winona short.

I'm getting flashbacks to the Willow short where we are hoping for how she got it. Same applies to Warly as well. Guess we'll wait for clarification of what the devs are planning for what the characters traded to join the Constant.

Archived