SpoonyBardIV

Stop Ruins from Regenerating?

Recommended Posts

SpoonyBardIV    723

We all know about the lucrative "Telportato Ruins Regen" bug. Until now, I absolutely LOVED the fact that renewing the Ruins was actually possible. But now, I actually have an awesome semi-mega base set up in one set of Ruins, and I have completely cleared out all 3 sets. As in, not a SINGLE remaining piece of Thulecite. I want to regenerate the Ruins, but if I do it will destroy my main base that it took a long time to build. Is there a way to regenerate only the OTHER 2 sets of Ruins, but not the one that I currently live in? I just wish the devs would just implement an official way to reset each set of ruins INDIVIDUALLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roosev    1,005

I never actually tried this, but maybe this would be possible?

Make a backup copy of all your save games.

Regenerate all 3 ruins.

After that, go back to your save games and replace one of the ruin save files for your game session (there should be 3). That should technically leave you with 2 new ruins whilst keeping one the same.

I don't know, it's risky but it could work.

Edited by Roosev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sinisterrkid    527
On 9/12/2019 at 5:11 AM, Roosev said:

I never actually tried this, but maybe this would be possible?

Make a backup copy of all your save games.

Regenerate all 3 ruins.

After that, go back to your save games and replace one of the ruin save files for your game session (there should be 3). That should technically leave you with 2 new ruins whilst keeping one the same.

I don't know, it's risky but it could work.

This should work (at least for the first level of the caves, I can't 100% confirm for ruins). I strongly advise making test runs on other worlds, seeing if you get the procedure right. The third cave I open on my third save slot is always the same because of the time I made a backup of a save file. All the items are there and everything. When I open the ruins it generates a new one, but I don't remember making a backup of the ruins file.

The files refer to specific save slots, make sure you pay attention to that. It's like cave_1_3 or something like that, referring to the first save slot, third cave. But again, test it out on throwaway worlds before trying on the one you really want.

But also...

On 9/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

We all know about the lucrative "Telportato Ruins Regen" bug.

Do you think regening a world through Teleportato is a bug?

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyxaru    17

I'd say it is a bug if you use the teleportato in Hamlet or Shipwrecked and it resets the Caves and Ruins.

Similairly, I'd say it is a bug that if you use the teleportato in Hamlet or Survival the Volcano gets reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsieurO    15
On 28/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, Hyxaru said:

I'd say it is a bug if you use the teleportato in Hamlet or Shipwrecked and it resets the Caves and Ruins.

Similairly, I'd say it is a bug that if you use the teleportato in Hamlet or Survival the Volcano gets reset.

It's not a bug but a feature imo, which allows to make everything renewable.

On 11/09/2019 at 11:47 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

Is there a way to regenerate only the OTHER 2 sets of Ruins, but not the one that I currently live in? I just wish the devs would just implement an official way to reset each set of ruins INDIVIDUALLY.

Just delete the save files corresponding to the ruins you want to regenerate. They will be of the form:

cave_X_Y_Z where:

- X is the Number of the cave (goes from 1 to 3)

- Y is the layer of the cave (goes from 1 to 2, 1 for caves, 2 for ruins)

- Z is the save slot.

For instance, lets say you have your world on save slot 4, and your base is on the second ruins, you should delete the following files: cave_1_2_4 and cave_3_2_4. The game should regenerate new ruins when trying to enter them.

The only issue with this method is that you don't normally know which caves are labelled 1 2 or 3. In order to try and see which ruin is the right one, you should definitely make a backup of your folder 219740 (ask if you don't know where to find it) before going trial and error I guess. Delete one of the ruins file, relog, check which one is regenerated until you find which number is the one of the ruins you basebuilt in.

Hope it helped,

MrO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenjin    50

Please stop, it's a bug. It's fine to use one if that makes your experience more enjoyable, I mean that's why the console commands is easy to access, and mods are everywhere,

 

But this is very obviously unintended by the devs. There is absolutely no sense in randomly resetting small parts of a world without creating a new one entirely.

 

Not everything is renewable, that's completely intended that some things are non renewable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsieurO    15
16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

Please stop

Stop what ? Expressing myself ? Giving opinions that are opposed to yours ?

As opposed to you, I explained my point of view and stated that it was a point of view:

22 hours ago, MonsieurO said:

It's not a bug but a feature imo

But you seem to feel like your opinion matters more than the others', and you make it look like facts :

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

it's a bug

Or :

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

this is very obviously unintended by the devs

Or

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

that's completely intended that some things are non renewable

I will be honest with you, I don't particularly like arguing with people that think their opinions are facts. But, for history, let's take a look at your "arguments":

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

it's a bug

Code-wise, this is very unlikely. What happens when you world jump is that the save file for the current location gets deleted, which leads to the creation of a new world. In the current state of the game, when you world jump, not only does this file gets deleted, but also the files of the other connected world, like the caves. Their is a clear difference in coding between deleting the current file, or deleting any file that is connected to a given one. Then again, this could still be a bug, but is very unlikely imo.

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

resetting small parts of a world

We are not talking about small parts of a world, we are talking about entire connected worlds, which is completely different.

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

Not everything is renewable

As a matter of fact, everything is renewable, thanks to this mechanics.

16 hours ago, Kenjin said:

that's completely intended that some things are non renewable

I beg to differ, once more. The game has been very strongly oriented towards everything being renewable. In DST, there is world regen where most of what you farm spawns back after a while, with the exception of the underground boulders leading to the fossils being currently the only resource not renewable in DST, possibly with non-craftable turfs. In DS, I feel like the worls resetting when word-jumping is the equivalent, making everything renewable. As a personal point of view, I feel like this is brilliant because it allows for some wonderful late game experience.

To conclude, you might wanna rethink the matter and, at the very least, respect the point of view of others and stop maternizing them while exposing your own opinions as facts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenjin    50
On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

Stop what ? Expressing myself ? Giving opinions that are opposed to yours ?

As opposed to you, I explained my point of view and stated that it was a point of view:

You're right, I should have developped a bit, since "please stop" doesn't really give much information.

"Please stop" was implied to be folled by "hiding behind the opinion excuse while completely arbitrarly what is and what isn't a bug according to your own needs."

It's an entirely different subject, but I often read that "it's my opinion" in serious topics like flat earth, vaccines or extremist political stance. You're entitled to have an opinion, you're not entitled not to be criticized. your definition of an opinion is basically "I say that, but you can't argue against, that's an opinion", so don't switch roles here, because this is condescending.

 

On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

But you seem to feel like your opinion matters more than the others', and you make it look like facts :

Also, stop with that victim card. You have just no basis for your "opinion", just "hum I think it must be intended", which I replied to, no, it's not, and explained why it could not be intended.

On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

Code-wise, this is very unlikely. What happens when you world jump is that the save file for the current location gets deleted, which leads to the creation of a new world.

Why the hell are you talking about jumping worlds?

 

On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

We are not talking about small parts of a world, we are talking about entire connected worlds, which is completely different.

What the freak? Why again are you talking about jumping to a different world?

 

On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

As a matter of fact, everything is renewable, thanks to this mechanics.

Jumping worlds doesn't make anything renewable. The definition of renewable is within one world.

 

On 31/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, MonsieurO said:

To conclude, you might wanna rethink the matter and, at the very least, respect the point of view of others and stop maternizing them while exposing your own opinions as facts.

I don't even get what your point is and why you're talking about jumping to a entirely new world...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now