icuurd12b42

The hanging on save is sabotaging my base

icuurd12b42    4

Please fix the save so it does not lock the game. at least fix it to rid the drawing tool from drawing at random position while saving,

This is laying random pipe/wires/deconstruct orders throughout the map when the save happens and the mouse is down. I just had to go back 20 cycles because a bunch of random pipes connected my air supply system with my chlorine reservoir which had 150 K of accumulated gas, ruining the whole base.

On numerous occasions, things would "disappear", gett deconstructed without me asking for it, like a water reservoir full of water!

You have the fix this

Edited by icuurd12b42
  • Thanks 1

thorstein92    12

It is weird. On my playthrough i only have fake build/deconstruct/dig errands when autosave with mouse down.

Save and reboot clear all annoying fake overlays.

QuantumPion    62

I had bad save lag on my base until I tried killing all my fish. I had like 30 in a large tank that I thought could be causing pathfinding lag. After killing them all (and all the voles too) my save lag went down by 80%.

Zarquan    678

I agree that this bug should be fixed.  It didn't used to be in the game pre-launch.  I bet it is related to the timelapse they added.

Do the orders that happen due to this glitch happen before or after the save is made?  Can you go back to the previous save when it happens?

1 hour ago, icuurd12b42 said:

Please fix the save so it does not lock the game. at least fix it to rid the drawing tool from drawing at random position while saving,

This is laying random pipe/wires/deconstruct orders throughout the map when the save happens and the mouse is down. I just had to go back 20 cycles because a bunch of random pipes connected my air supply system with my chlorine reservoir which had 150 K of accumulated gas, ruining the whole base.

On numerous occasions, things would "disappear", gett deconstructed without me asking for it, like a water reservoir full of water!

You have the fix this

im having the same issue with this ... sucks. 

Loraty    42
58 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I agree that this bug should be fixed.  It didn't used to be in the game pre-launch.  I bet it is related to the timelapse they added.

Do the orders that happen due to this glitch happen before or after the save is made?  Can you go back to the previous save when it happens?

Yes, the save is fine. If you notice it in time you can just load the last auto-save. 

Edited by Loraty

Camble    0

I too have this issue and it only gets worse as the save gets older/larger. At first I assumed it was just the garbage collector but it happens every single cycle. Sometimes when digging or giving a deconstruct command, the game will save and hang for several seconds, leaving the instruction to destroy a bunch of stuff you don't want to. Sometimes it goes unnoticed for a few cycles until everything starts falling apart because something critical has been destroyed.

savehang.png

avc15    416

Before LU there was a hang on autosave but the game would still accurately capture dragged instructions.

chemie    651

until it is live, there is also a mod to fix this.  Can confirm it works great

Argelle    131

I still notice the saving time but it feels now quite short compare to before testing patches.

So in my 1834 cycles colony, I would not need this mod.

chemie    651
12 hours ago, Camble said:

This issue is still present in the latest version

yup.  I tried to add back the mod and it said it was "depreciated" ...not sure if it would work.  But as base got bigger, the issue came back