Save game has station usage logs. Why?

42 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

My case like represents the most extreme edge at 21 thousand cycles of reports at an abnormally high game speed.

It seems you have done the necessary steps: enabled→load→save→exit game (important, not sure if you did this)→load.

A quick check to confirm it has had some effect is that you cannot view old reports and your graphs will only show the last day, and your save file should be quite a bit smaller.

I would like to hear if anyone can reproduce my results when doing the process with the uploaded save.

Aye, I quit between every save/load out of habit.

My save file is 30 mb smaller, but the game feels identical in every sense.

Ok I checked the save game file and I've gone down from 40 MB to 9 MB, so the mod is definitely working. But I just don't understand why my summaries would still be here, same with uptime statistics...

EDIT: now they're gone too. Is there any way the mod could shorten the X axis of the summaries according to how many cycles are recorded, so I'm not seeing a 900 long axis and 20 cycles long report?

Colony reports are only trimmed at nightfall, so you may need to play a cycle or two before resaving to get the full benefit.

Shortening the summary chart X axis is actually rather difficult to mod in. This feature may be added in the future.

I did not personally notice a frame rate improvement while developing the mod, and thus focused only on the load/save times. Some users are seeing significant frame rate gains though, which is data that needs to be investigated.

For a 1700 cycle save, I saw the save game go from 17MB to 11MB, no change to load time, and no change to fps. End of cycle "lock up" dropped from 11 seconds to 7 seconds.

I still get a 1 second micro pause every ~15 seconds in the game at 10x speed.

Can anyone spend a couple minutes to test out the save I posted? I only started noticing a frame rate drop that couldn't be explained starting around cycle 13000-15000, so it seems most people don't experience it. But the mod largely fixed the issue for me which should be able to be reproduced with the save.

Since my save game started crashing again every other cycle -- and yes this time I see in /var/log/messages clearly the kernels out of memory killer kicking in and killing ONI to save itself -- I tried this mod and it's much better. Definitely should be in the game by default.. or some lighter version. Never cared so much about reports... Or the reports shouldn't be in RAM anyway, but some file that is only appended to or so.

Archived