[Need Help] automation

13 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

I need help with some automation, in the picture above when the enclosed thermo sensor is below 404C will trigger the 3 door to open for 2 sec, then the door will be close from right to left, what I want is the middle door to stay open after it close.

Ty for reading.

I am not automation expert so probably it can be done smaller, but you can add filter and NOT gate before those middle doors like this:

I am also currently building petroleum boiler using some doors and it has some similarities.
This is what I am building:

Spoiler

petroleum_boiler.thumb.png.ba04d5e2cc0ae67b44f0f24087b5ee41.png

So you want to push magma to the left with those 3 doors and then stop heat transfer from magma source by opening those middle doors?
Is that necessary? I just don't mind if that small amount of magma is getting some heat from big pool before it solidifies...

And are you also putting solidified Igneus Rock chunk inside doors on the right from diamond windows and then you drop it down when temperature on sensor is bellow 404?

I did some tests and I want to boil 10kg/sec (or anything bellow that) and I believe those rocks will be still very hot even when doors will be only 403 as that one chunk is not transferring heat to the doors fast enough. I used two doors and hope it will be enough (but I keep rocks inside doors until I manually release them using atmo sensor).

I am now waiting for volcano to wake up so not sure if my build will work but I already build it. :)

The following is a breakdown of the logic to do a compression door and then vacuum gap it.

Top image is the simple 2 second wait.  Set your filter for 2 seconds on the reset.

Image below it is the 2 second wait with a compression door.  Set your buffers (right to left) to 1, 2, and 3 seconds.

Final image includes the vacuum reset.  The buffer is 5 seconds and the NOT switch reengages the vacuum gap.

5d742f5fa2355_CompressionDoorwithvacuumgap.JPG.5950c865626be1a71f21de10a15bb9ac.JPG

If you want the sandbox save to play with let me know.

finished my automation build in sandbox and it works well, thanks to you guys @bzgzd@WanderingKid:)

Spoiler

20190908072040_1.thumb.jpg.64a2791ca01bbbf6297a1ad49f4b6712.jpg

2 hours ago, bzgzd said:

So you want to push magma to the left with those 3 doors and then stop heat transfer from magma source by opening those middle doors?
Is that necessary? I just don't mind if that small amount of magma is getting some heat from big pool before it solidifies...

And are you also putting solidified Igneus Rock chunk inside doors on the right from diamond windows and then you drop it down when temperature on sensor is bellow 404?

I did some tests and I want to boil 10kg/sec (or anything bellow that) and I believe those rocks will be still very hot even when doors will be only 403 as that one chunk is not transferring heat to the doors fast enough. I used two doors and hope it will be enough (but I keep rocks inside doors until I manually release them using atmo sensor).

I am now waiting for volcano to wake up so not sure if my build will work but I already build it. :)

my build I copied from Lifegrow and tonyroid youtube vids, before building it in survival I always test the build several times, I want to to prevent heat from the pool because if not when the oil is depleted and the copper liquid not solidify my heat sink will be to hot, therefore I'm afraid it will waste heat to the petrol or even worse burn it to sour gas.

I'm using copper volcano and yes you are right.

Luckily mine is copper, I just need 10s filter after it hit below 404, the released coppers were around 396C, I planning to cool it down more using Steam Turbine, but I'm not sure if it is worth doing.

Your stairs, is it better then using stacked lines? how to count how many stairs needed?

Considering petrol has more SHC then crude oil, can you really transfer all the heat from petrol so the end product has the temperature of the crude oil?

Another way, similar but slightly different. Mine is set up from left to right here.

Each buffer is set to 5 seconds. 5 seconds per door operation is good for un-powered doors, just set them all to 0.5 or whatever you want if the doors are powered.

image.thumb.png.b07ff68c611b50f7b214d70d9e8cbd9c.png

On 9/8/2019 at 2:49 AM, fishoutofwater said:

my build I copied from Lifegrow and tonyroid youtube vids, before building it in survival I always test the build several times, I want to to prevent heat from the pool because if not when the oil is depleted and the copper liquid not solidify my heat sink will be to hot, therefore I'm afraid it will waste heat to the petrol or even worse burn it to sour gas.

That door bellow metal tiles to stop overheating oil/petrol will be surrounded by insulation to make vacuum when open, or not?
If you leave it open like on the picture and also those hot diamond tiles it would heat gases around a lot.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:49 AM, fishoutofwater said:

Your stairs, is it better then using stacked lines? how to count how many stairs needed?

Considering petrol has more SHC then crude oil, can you really transfer all the heat from petrol so the end product has the temperature of the crude oil?

I think I need less gold for stairs version and it fitted better to my area. I did no calculations and just used what room I had (16 stairs) and yes I think petroleum will be a bit hotter then starting oil at the end.

58 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

That door bellow metal tiles to stop overheating oil/petrol will be surrounded by insulation to make vacuum when open, or not?
If you leave it open like on the picture and also those hot diamond tiles it would heat gases around a lot.

I think I need less gold for stairs version and it fitted better to my area. I did no calculations and just used what room I had (16 stairs) and yes I think petroleum will be a bit hotter then starting oil at the end.

don't worry, all in vacuum. :)

I see, there is a thread about counterflow heat exchange, if I understand it right stairs going from left to right delete heat, I think they say its a bug.

8 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

I see, there is a thread about counterflow heat exchange, if I understand it right stairs going from left to right delete heat, I think they say its a bug.

Thanks for that link I didn't know about it so I tried it and it is still true. Both oil and petroleum are colder with stairs going to the right.

petrol_boiler_stairs.thumb.png.c044b5a47473fa4b060de80be2a63aa3.png

Archived