Woodie Character Update Next Week + News!

No more log meter?

No sanity when planting trees?

Wow, it sounds like he'll be an entirely different character now, can't say I'll like this version or not without trying next Thursday but it sounds like it'll be quite hard managing his sanity now. 

Also the game just got updated, will there be a thread on the patch notes?

A lot of people are aware, but forget that Woodie has a loyalty timer bonus when he befriends various animals like pigmen, bunnymen, catcoons. Joe didn't say anything about it, so I assume the perk is still there!

Woodie looks like he has a lot going for him, but I really have to scratch my head thinking about his downside. He is basically Wilson, if Wilson could transform into various useful forms at will, befriend allies longer, chop faster, increased treeguard spawning buff, and perma beard.

...after giving it some thought...
I think I'm ok with him not seeming to have much in the way of downsides.
Wait, hold off on the pitchforks for just a moment.

Cons in this game are primarily a device to change the way that the player looks at and plays the game. They're part of what make each character experience unique, right?
...if Woodie's primary gameplay changes are now back to being contained within his Were-form, and those forms are appealing, then they in themselves achieve the same goal of changing how the player looks at and plays the game.

If Klei has pulled off this update well and the changes are enough to make Woodie feel interesting and unique without harsh downsides, I think that could go along well with his more laid back personality.

Nuts to human Woodie possibly feeling too much like Wilson. Piggsburry is on the update list as well.

5 minutes ago, maradyne said:

If Klei has pulled off this update well and the changes are enough to make Woodie feel interesting and unique without harsh downsides, I think that could go along well with his more laid back personality.

1.Im sure they made a great job.

2.I think woodie lived mostly in the woods even before the constand got him.so he might be better atuned to survival and the wild environments around him.

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Question, will Woodie still have his permanent tier 2 insulation from his beard?

Honestly I expected him to be better in winter and worse in summer, kind of like the opposite of Willow

Wait... he has an insulation from his beard? Should have read the Wiki more precisely. Now I know why I had the feeling of freezing faster since I'm playing some other characters again :D

I love seeing Woodie eating twigs and stuff it makes me feel kinda sad they are removing the reason to eat twigs and stuff. And I always loved how he gained sanity from trees... As a Woodie main I always loved walking around gaining sanity by trees. But now the treegaurds thankfully hate Woodie more because he destroys forests then replants them with no care. I hope there might also be some new lore for Woodie too because the people need to know how he came to the constant!

Archived