Woodie Character Update Next Week + News!

1 hour ago, Manerov said:

Why do this looks like a secret wilba transport into dst?

Don't worry Wilba will also have changes when Klei will add her to DST.

12 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Hey _IvoCZE_ why are you confused?

Did i say something wrong

3 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Hey _IvoCZE_ why are you confused?

Did i say something wrong

I don't think we're getting anymore Shipwrecked or Hamlet Characters

(I hope, I worked so hard on wilba cry)

One thing I'm a bit iffy on is the transformation idols using Monster Meat. I mean, yeah, there's probably going to be another ingredient thematic to each form, but it's one of the most common resources in the game + it just seems kinda out of nowhere for Woodie. Using something like Living Logs or even Moon Rocks seems more thematic for Woodie - and less easy to stockpile(unless the idols don't stack).

1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

One thing I'm a bit iffy on is the transformation idols using Monster Meat. I mean, yeah, there's probably going to be another ingredient thematic to each form, but it's one of the most common resources in the game + it just seems kinda out of nowhere for Woodie. Using something like Living Logs or even Moon Rocks seems more thematic for Woodie - and less easy to stockpile(unless the idols don't stack).

I like the idea of living logs as the source of his transformation too, especially since he has increased treeguard spawn rate and it will actively encourage him to chop trees to get living logs to transform. Also means he gets to synergize with Wormwood.

On the other hand, maybe the forms aren't that powerful and they just want to make transformation much more accessible to encourage its use considering Woodie only has lumberjack abilities and no other gameplay quirks outside of transformation. Or they want stat drawbacks to transform since eating monster meat is bad

PS: we should hopefully see how monster meat might connect to Woodie from his origin story

2 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Strongly disagree because moon rocks are a pain to get, living logs aren’t plentiful early game and without the totems you only have a 1/3 chance of getting the form you want.

In theory, the value of the forms goes down the longer woodie is on the world because their stats are fixed while he will accumulate more powerful equipment.

Given that monster meat is how you trigger the transformation I expect the idols will be something like mmeat + a semi rare item.

Living logs are mainly used for dark swords and while Woodie should end up with more living logs than anyone else, I’d almost certainly prefer a dark sword to triggering a short duration transformation.

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

I don't think we're getting anymore Shipwrecked or Hamlet Characters

(I hope, I worked so hard on wilba cry)

No no no no

Don't Starve community must believe Klei will add Walani ,Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wagstaff and Wheeler.

Otherwise characters from Hamlet are important to lore:

Wagstaff as voxola radio,voxola gramophone and WX-78 inventor and his "holographic body" and desire to fing nightmare throne (I know that Wagstaff is in base game)

Wheeler, who crashed her balloon in Hamlet and was not trapped by Maxwelll

Wormwood as "moon agent"

and finally Wilba: look at this picture where we have two opposite powers:

f178c95284663139med.jpg

Ocuvigil, Evil flowers, Celestial portal and werepigs are very rare situations when Moon energy "colaborates" with shadow energy. The same situation is for Wilba but she has Silver Necklace which can block transformation. It's easy to guess that this necklace can block both shadow energy and celestial energy. Maybe Wilba's father found "third power" which hates both Moon and Them (maybe the embodiment of this force is silver). For thist reason Wilba's father was killed by Moon or Charlie (as shadow queen) but before it he gave her Silver Necklace. I think Wilba is important piece of DS plot.

6 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I honestly want a weremoose for the combat creature. They do kill more people then actual predators last I remembered. :S

Klei in DS has a lot of atypical ideas. In other games Woodie would turn into werewolf but in DS he turns into werebeaver. It will be logical if Woodie's combat form will be based on herbivore.

3 hours ago, TrashLord said:

I'm sure that:

Monster Meat + Living logs/Logs = Werebeaver form idol

12 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

snip

Uhm, Wagstaff I can see. But why does Wheeler crashing in hamlet mean she should come to DST?.... As for your wilba theory it's interesting but I still dont think were getting her, Oh and her father ris probably the pig king.

And what about Walani Wilbur and Woodlegs? If your point is because of the lore, they have barely any lore other than the fact Wilbur might have been on the circus train with Wes and Wolfgang.

52 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Oh and her father ris probably the pig king.

d705688e45a8f728med.png

Seriously, how did queen malfalfa meet the pig king? She doesn't leave her city. And how would she travel to another world?

When Wilba examines Pig King she says: 'TIS A TRADER KING"

Pig king do not turn into werepig so he can't be wilba's father!!!

10 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

d705688e45a8f728med.png

Seriously, how did queen malfalfa meet the pig king? She doesn't leave her city. And how would she travel to another world?

When Wilba examines Pig King she says: 'TIS A TRADER KING"

Pig king do not turn into werepig so he can't be wilba's father!!!

Look at pig king's vignette in dst, he left hamlet. And people can get things from there grandfathers instead of parents, maybe pig kings father had it or Jus like he gave necklace to Wilba. Hes always wearing something to protect from the moon.

9 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

-pig snip-

This goes back to my werepigism thread.

Pig King left the hamlet with a part of the pigs really soon before/after wilba was born so she didn't remember him, Pig king is a carrier of the werepigism thing or he just has another Silver Necklace-like thing on him ( propably the crown )

He also has bunch of representation in the hamlet ( bushes, portraits )

27 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Look at pig king's vignette in dst, he left hamlet. And people can get things from there grandfathers instead of parents, maybe pig kings father had it or Jus like he gave necklace to Wilba. Hes always wearing something to protect from the moon.

No, Hamlet is part of Constant but hamlet din't exist from the beginning of constant. This "pig home" is the Forge

26 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

This goes back to my werepigism thread.

Pig King left the hamlet with a part of the pigs really soon before/after wilba was born so she didn't remember him, Pig king is a carrier of the werepigism thing or he just has another Silver Necklace-like thing on him ( propably the crown )

He also has bunch of representation in the hamlet ( bushes, portraits )

Also beefalo and werepigs have representation in hamlet. This is proof that someone from the pig kingdom was in the RoG but it was not queen Malfalfa

Just now, maciu67 said:

No Hamlet is part of Constant and hamlet din't exist from the beginning of constant. This "pig home" is the Forge

Also beefalo and werepigs have representation in hamlet. This is proof that someone from the pig kingdom was in the RoG but it was not queen Malfalfa

Pigs are not from the forge, those are actually BOARS which want to destroy the throne.

1 hour ago, JJ0264 said:

Jazzy Hoedown

Since youtube mixes are made up from your watch history, this links to a song from the Steven Universe movie for me, or a Minecraft dubstep song for some reason if I open in incognito... and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean either of those lol. Here's the video linked directly instead of part of a mix:

Archived