Sign in to follow this  
WalterCool

Game broken for DRM Free version

JanH    6,406

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the game. Could we get you to exit out of the game and launch it once more. Once the Klei Updater pops up, please use the "Check Consistency" option under the File menu. This option should check your files and download\repair any ones that are corrupted or missing. (Please see the image attached for more info)

check-consistency.png

If that does not help, please let us know which DLC's you currently have installed and which ones you are playing on the affected world. Also, please do provide us with your log.txt file - you can find your log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

• Thanks 1

WalterCool    3

Hi JanH,

I already done that, it says:

Checking Don't Starve...
Latest version: 345256
Patching files...
Validating files...
Consistency check completed.
Everything looks good.

Checking Shipwrecked...
Latest version: 246924
Patching files...
Validating files...
Consistency check completed.
Everything looks good.

I made an installation from zero, as follows
- Installed core game, updated, works.

- Installed RoG, updated, works.

- Installed Shipwrecked, updated, fail.

WalterCool    3

Guys, the game still broken after a month "at least".

Please follow this. I made few more tests, and seems like the game works correctly until I install shipwrecked.

WalterCool    3

Guys, please say something, I can't play this game unless I remove Shipwrecked.

I will keep replying here until I got some news about this. Shipwrecked was working before this update, and doesn't seems like to be related to my computer setup, but a mistake from devs and QA teams.

Thanks.

WalterCool    3

Hi @bizziboi,

64bits, but I did my tests installing 32 bits.

- 32 bits (Don't Starve: 345256 LINUX), fully updated RoG + Shipwrecked : Works.

- 64 bits (Don't Starve: 345256 LINUX), fully updated RoG + Shipwrecked : Error screen

Edited by WalterCool
Typo

Vimko    7

I am experiencing exactly same problem.

I am using Debian 9 x64 bit. Steam's 32bit version is OK (Steam installs 32bit version on 64bit Linux; GOG has only 32bit Linux version too).

PS: updater still wasn't fixed, brackets instead of text. Checked for Consistency in Updater using images from Google Search - it's OK.

Vimko    7
1 hour ago, Mozox said:

This option should check your files and download\repair any ones that are corrupted or missing.

I know. I said that I used this option (Check for consistency...) and there are no problems.

Devs need to fix the 64bit version of the game. Big Thank You to Klei for making 64bit version, by the way. ;)

Vimko    7

@bizziboi, thank you! 64bit version is working now. No problems indeed.

PS: guys, can you update installers on GOG and HumbleBundle? Right now I had to download more than 500 Megabytes of data during update process. Crazy! And the worst thing is the speed of the Klei's server, which is very slow (I use 100MBit/sec internet connection and update process took more than 90 minutes).

Installers are very old. I know that you updated installers for Mac and Windows on GOG this year (but not on HB!), but Linux version is very old (2016 or even older). Please update installers.

Also, eagerly awaiting for Hamlet on GOG. Will rebuy it there. 64bit Linux version will be a welcome addition on GOG as well. ;)

Edited by Vimko
PS added