JarrettM

[Game Update] - 364722

natanstarke    188

theres a part liquid element sensor was added, it actually always existed oo, should it be conveyor element sensor maybe ? " this one is very need to make use of the conveyor shutoffs in a more convenient way if wanted for multiple materials ". All in all thanks as always to keep improving this amazing game.

• Like 1

chemie    665
1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Another update, and nearly every mod is broken again...

Yup.  Fully borked and they just re-disable when you restart and try to enable again.

image.thumb.png.14a109ae9628eedc717ecd2de30a32a7.png

Edit: Looks like the "biuldable dirt tile" was the problem mod.  Worked before the update.  

Edited by chemie
  • Sad 3

blackbellamy    35

All my new plants show BLOCKED, except that they are giving the bonus.  My existing plants do not show the icon, only plants I have placed in the pots since the update:

WTfPtII.jpg

• Like 2

Lilalaunekuh    852

Should multiple simultaneously actived gantries be able to overload a conductive wire ?

[I can did some tests with a peak draw of 31,2KW on a 2KW wire, without problems. So the activation time seems to be below threshold for wire damage.]

Aluchard    0

Hello!

After i updated the game aprox 30minutes ago, my saved game not loading :(

it stop after the loading screen, when i has to load in the resources just stay in that screen, and nothing happens

oni.png

Edit: Picture added, stops here.

Any idea what i can do to "save" my save?

Edited by Aluchard

bzgzd    276

I like that now there is no battery needed between large transformer and 1.2kW consumer like refinery or aquatuner because it was just confusing.

But it would be nice to have 2kW transformer now for 2kW wire when they can work as overload protection.

Transformer would take care of some rare cases when too many sweepers would like to work at the same time or it could delay some exosuit docks a bit...
I have too many 120W stuff that works just few seconds a day.

Edit: or maybe putting 2x 1kW transformer on conductive wire might do it...

Edited by bzgzd
  • Like 1

0xFADE    460

On the star map I’ve got several duplicate bodies. Like clicking on one selects 2. I thought maybe it was a bug but it happened on my current one too. Is it something with the screen resolution?  I’m playing at like 2k

ZanthraSW    39
6 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

I like that now there is no battery needed between large transformer and 1.2kW consumer like refinery or aquatuner because it was just confusing.

But it would be nice to have 2kW transformer now for 2kW wire when they can work as overload protection.

Transformer would take care of some rare cases when too many sweepers would like to work at the same time or it could delay some exosuit docks a bit...
I have too many 120W stuff that works just few seconds a day.

At least now you can put 2 of the 1kW transformers in paralell to get 2kW protection.

• Like 3

bzgzd    276
Just now, ZanthraSW said:

At least now you can put 2 of the 1kW transformers in paralell to get 2kW protection.

yes I just thought about that :)

MeesterButts    53

Another update, and nearly every mod is broken again...

Okay, it seems the update has some hiccup. Enabling mod by mod (yes the hard way) and sorting out just 4 of them (of 22) results in a mostly working game. The only one i will really miss for now is wall pumps and vents, but thats okay. 

So, for everyone having problems, try enabling just 2-3 mods, restart, enable more. It seems enabling a whole bunch of mods causes problems, resulting in disabling them again.

This is often what happens when modding a game and is part of the reason a lot of people don't use them. Happened with Minecraft, happened with Wow, etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SharraShimada    619
5 minutes ago, MeesterButts said:

This is often what happens when modding a game and is part of the reason a lot of people don't use them. Happened with Minecraft, happened with Wow, etc.

But it should not be the case. For example: One changes the color of lightbulbs, nothing else. Why is the mod broken, because the game updates, while not changing anything related to this? It makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2

Nebbie    299

Finally, my colony won't be so noisy (critter sensors set to below).

Liquid element sensor is interesting; I can't think of a use right now, since generally you want a hydro sensor, but maybe for only pumping out the one bit of polluted water in a clean water tank?

The power changes sound like they'll be a godsend; I personally never ran into such problems with my setups, but I know it wasn't that hard to end up with overloaded wires despite good transformer usage.

On the removal of toxic and flammable tags, I worry that this means we won't get any new problems from piles of chlorine and natural gas...at least tell me we're getting a buff to diseases sometime.

Overall, very good, I just hope it didn't introduce anything that'll cause crashes for my base.

• Like 2

Gunhaver    51

Those red lights in the gas element sensors look creepy. It's funny how I know to look for an update post b/c of one small change.

Overquoted    0
2 hours ago, chemie said:

Yup.  Fully borked and they just re-disable when you restart and try to enable again.

[snip]

Edit: Looks like the "biuldable dirt tile" was the problem mod.  Worked before the update.  

Try Buildable Natural Tile until it's fixed. That mod is working. Flow Splitters was what broke for me.

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Support for animation mods

• Mod should supply an 'anim' directory structured like our 'game/Assets/anim' directory. 
    The game will look for a *_anim.bytes, *_build.bytes, and *.pngs for textures. The folder name dictates the animation name. If an existing animation is modded, the one in game is replaced; otherwise a new animation is added.

This broke 8 mods I had. basically ones that already had their own "anims" folder. I guess they don't follow the new official rules for animation support.

PhailRaptor    952

But it should not be the case. For example: One changes the color of lightbulbs, nothing else. Why is the mod broken, because the game updates, while not changing anything related to this? It makes no sense at all. 

Probably because of this:

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Support for animation mods

• Mod should supply an 'anim' directory structured like our 'game/Assets/anim' directory. 
    The game will look for a *_anim.bytes, *_build.bytes, and *.pngs for textures. The folder name dictates the animation name. If an existing animation is modded, the one in game is replaced; otherwise a new animation is added.

The way mods themselves are handled has changed, so all mods, whether they use the new things or not, need to be updated to a current version.  Even if nothing actually changes to the mod itself.

• Like 1