[Game Update] - 364722

2 hours ago, Roachy1 said:

FYI, my dupes are now auto-wrangling Shine Bugs and variants. Is that intended? There's always been the option for bugs in the critter drop off, which would imply they can be captured and wrangled, but I've never known how to do that before because they've never had a wrangle action button. The wiki says they're not wrangleable, and in my recent play I don't know if I've seen auto-wrangling ever happen until today. But it's interesting that there's art for it.

Auto-wrangle was able to wrangle shine bugs before the update. Just couldn't manually wrangle them.

2 hours ago, Babawze said:

They aren't manually, directly wranglable, but they were already doing that since a good while ago with the critter drop-off if they were exceeding the limit of a room. Only needs a surplus from a room and a valid drop-off destination

2 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

The critter drop-off has been wrangling fliers for a while now.  It's just a relocation thing, usually.  Very handy to get pufts INTO the ranches.

2 hours ago, weroll said:

Auto-wrangle was able to wrangle shine bugs before the update. Just couldn't manually wrangle them.

Gotcha. A little weird that you can't manually wrangle them, since auto-wrangling makes it trivial to bypass.

• Like 2

On the topic of the resources list change but speaking more broadly, can we have resizable panels please, ones that autoscroll if the content overflows? For example: it has sucked for so long that the schedule panel only shows two-ish schedules and isn't resizable even on a high resolution. I'd love to see resizable UI philosophy applied to many windows such as build lists, but even just the resources and schedules would be a nice start.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, Bakabane said:

I like the added functionality of the scrolling and collapsing resource panel, but the overall size is now smaller.  In addition, part of the already smaller space is consumed by the resource collapsing line.  Overall, this means that I cannot see very many of my resources at one time compared to before.  Scrolling is nice since if you have a huge list of stuff enabled you can actually browse it, but having to scroll every time I want to glance at my resources feels like a loss of functionality.

Is there any way you would consider increasing the size of the resource panel, but keep the collapsing and scrolling?

Old v New attached, though I figure that it is pretty obvious what I am talking about (right side of screen)20190904170814_1.thumb.jpg.e790d629610116ebcd563540667194fc.jpg20181111042156_1.thumb.jpg.c509ef51c128908ea2bce2154dceb860.jpg

Yah, I am glad I have a 2k monitor so I can have a game optimized for a phone played on it.  Only the game is not meant for phones.  I mean, maybe it works on 1080p?  But anything else and we lose 50% of the screen and have to scroll instead.  Not sure what they were thinking?

Mine is worse than yours too; I get less than half the screen length

image.thumb.png.39a3594f6848cb7cd7b16062aab630aa.png

Edited by chemie

I love the new collapsible resource panel, and also like that it goes at half-size like this, and that it is scrollable. This way, it is not covered by the lower right panel describing the current resource/element.

To accommodate those wanting the full screen, maybe the arrow collapsing the resource panel could have 3 states: collapsed, half-screen, full-screen.

edit: missing word

Edited by Joal ban Kluane
  • Like 2

Something seems to have changed in the last few days regarding the "hanging Pot" furniture item. When you try and plant anything I still get the same list of plants, but they all state that they need a farm plot and the "Plant" button is not active.

Roger

Expending on the new electricity overlay, it would be nice if we could see which machine is actively producing or consuming, maybe in a similar way that we can see when batteries and transformers turning green or white whether they're charging or not

On 4.9.2019 at 11:31 PM, Lifegrow said:

@JarrettM @Ipsquiggle

Was the save I sent you ever looked at?

I see another update with more bandaid fixes and tweaks to previous bugs, but no real mention of performance fixes.

Is it possible we can get some sort of insight into when we'll get some real performance fixes. 

As someone who is interacting with potential new players on a daily basis - it's very hard for me to answer the question "Should I buy this game?" when the base they're watching is running like stuttery laggy crap. I speak only for myself but at this point I couldn't give a toss about wiring changes, nor any additional content. Fix the game in it's current state or your player base simply won't be here for any future DLC you have planned.

I couldn´t agree more with you. I loved this game so much and i´m still playing a lot, but not touching those performance issues makes it really hard to continue.

The most wanted feature for a lot of players is reducing lag.