[Game Update] - 364722

• Developer

Power changes

• Heavi-Watt Conductive Wire now has a Max Wattage of 50kW (bumped up from 20kW)
  • Transformer battery no longer instantly depletes when disabled, instead its battery slowly dissipates while disabled.
  • Transformers should no longer pull more than their charge capacity from other transformers.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed transformers to supply more than their advertised wattage.
  • Hovering over a circuit in Power overlay now shows information about the Wire and Network's health more clearly, with colour aide. 
    • Inactive: Purple, current wattage is zero
    • Overloading: Red, using more than wire rating
    • Straining: Yellow, using over 75% of wire rating and potential is greater than wire rating
    • Safe: White, all other states
  • Fixed current load and potential load status item ordering.
  • Remove unhelpful "Wire Connected" status item on all Power Wires, since a Wire creates a network even on its own.
  • Updated Transformer build menu description to help describe its usage.
  • Slight adjustments to Battery descriptions.
  • Transformers show a status warning when input and output are on the same circuit.
  • Battery hovercard now displays current charge as a fraction of its total possible charge. 

Automation sensors

• Added Liquid Element Sensor (for sensing liquid elements in world space). 
  • Slight adjustment to descriptions of some sensors to more precisely describe their use. 
  • Automation sensor building art and ui updated to include red/green signal state lights. Added element state symbols to sensor ui art so they're easier to distinguish from each other. Changed the germ symbol colour so it looks more visible in the ui.

General UI

• Resource screen is now vertically collapsible and scrollable.
  • Game camera no longer zooms if mouse scrolling while over build menu material selection.
  • Fixed left-click drag research screen navigation.
  • Fixed some issues with research screen scroll boundaries at different zoom and UI scales.
  • Wash Basin, Sinks, Ore Scrubbers, Hand Sanitizers can copy settings for assigned direction.
  • Schedule Screen now displays which time blocks are Morning and which are Night, for Early Bird/Night Owl scheduling. Duplicants with the Night Owl or Early Bird traits are labeled as such on the Schedule screen. 
  • The Delete Schedule button on the Schedule screen no longer looks the same as the "close window" button.
  • Priorities screen now sorts disabled chores correctly, and when they're the same value sorts by name for consistency. 
  • Removed misleading "Flammable" tag from many elements. 
  • Removed misleading "Toxic" tag from elements.
  • Polluted Oxygen is no longer referred to as "Toxic" or "Very Toxic" when checking its breathability, but instead uses the same descriptions as Oxygen.
  • No Research Selected notification now displays the default hotkey for opening research menu, instead of {RESEARCH_MENU_KEY}. 
  • Starmap button tooltip no longer displays the incorrect hotkey. 
  • Fix weird grammar in the Sickness contraction tooltip.
  • Tepidizer no longer says it removes germs, but instead says it heats liquid which can remove germs. 
  • Added Descriptor for Space Heater and Liquid Tepidizer which display their target temperatures. 
  • The Super Sustainable achievement description no longer mentions "methane" generators, but instead "natural gas" generators.
  • Slime description now says that it emits Polluted Oxygen instead of alluding to Oxygen production. 
  • Liquid Tepidizer description no longer mentions heating water to perfect shower temperature.
  • Fix for misaligned "Launched!" text on Main Menu.
  • Cleaned up colony achievement strings.
  • Change "Allows Duplicant Access Permissions" from the text description into an Effects line item for all doors. 
  • Storage Locker description specifies that it stores solid resources. 
  • Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier now correctly says it must be given piped Hydrogen, rather than saying it can be submersed in Hydrogen. 
  • Automation Sensors now show a warning if you haven't connected an Automation Wire to them. 
  • Updated "No Wire Connected" status item changes to reduce confusion between wire and automation wire.
  • Fixed an issue causing achievement requirement checkboxes to show the wrong values.

Audio

• Wood generator sounds updated.
  • Space Heater sounds are less constant at high gamespeed. 
  • Updated achievement impact sound.
  • Adjusted audio mix when placing buildings.
  • Added sounds for the Sunny Disposition trait.
  • Improved the Morb death sound.
  • Tiny adjustments for dupe interacts with Desalinator sounds.
  • Disabled on use UI click sound for skills button on Printing Pod. 

Support for animation mods

• Mod should supply an 'anim' directory structured like our 'game/Assets/anim' directory. 
    The game will look for a *_anim.bytes, *_build.bytes, and *.pngs for textures. The folder name dictates the animation name. If an existing animation is modded, the one in game is replaced; otherwise a new animation is added.

Other

• Fix bug blocking placing a building immediately after changing rotation.
  • Fix bug where tiles replacing ladders could go over HiWatt wire or drywall.
  • Jet suits also count toward exo suit achievement.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when room shapes were updated.
  • Fixes bug where the below state on the critter count sensor was toggling every 200ms
  • Fixed memory leak in timelapse slideshow.
  • Timelapser no longer captures active overlays in screenshots.
  • Autosaves now generate load screen previews screenshots. 
  • Colony Summaries use the last summary screenshot rather than the save screenshot, because the save can be "ahead" of the summary.
  • Fixed crash related to timelapse screenshots.
  • Plants and critters that are sensitive to atmosphere pressure check a larger footprint of cells for “safe” air which should make their state more stable.
  • Rust deoxidizer bubble animation updated

View full update

• Like 27
  • Thanks 16

theres a part liquid element sensor was added, it actually always existed oo, should it be conveyor element sensor maybe ? " this one is very need to make use of the conveyor shutoffs in a more convenient way if wanted for multiple materials ". All in all thanks as always to keep improving this amazing game.

• Like 1

Another update, and nearly every mod is broken again...

Okay, it seems the update has some hiccup. Enabling mod by mod (yes the hard way) and sorting out just 4 of them (of 22) results in a mostly working game. The only one i will really miss for now is wall pumps and vents, but thats okay. 

So, for everyone having problems, try enabling just 2-3 mods, restart, enable more. It seems enabling a whole bunch of mods causes problems, resulting in disabling them again.

Edited by SharraShimada
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Yup.  Fully borked and they just re-disable when you restart and try to enable again.

image.thumb.png.14a109ae9628eedc717ecd2de30a32a7.png

Edit: Looks like the "biuldable dirt tile" was the problem mod.  Worked before the update.  

Edited by chemie
  • Sad 3

Hello!

After i updated the game aprox 30minutes ago, my saved game not loading :(

it stop after the loading screen, when i has to load in the resources just stay in that screen, and nothing happens

oni.png

Edit: Picture added, stops here.

Any idea what i can do to "save" my save?

Edited by Aluchard

I like that now there is no battery needed between large transformer and 1.2kW consumer like refinery or aquatuner because it was just confusing.

But it would be nice to have 2kW transformer now for 2kW wire when they can work as overload protection.

Transformer would take care of some rare cases when too many sweepers would like to work at the same time or it could delay some exosuit docks a bit...
I have too many 120W stuff that works just few seconds a day.

Edit: or maybe putting 2x 1kW transformer on conductive wire might do it...

Edited by bzgzd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

I like that now there is no battery needed between large transformer and 1.2kW consumer like refinery or aquatuner because it was just confusing.

But it would be nice to have 2kW transformer now for 2kW wire when they can work as overload protection.

Transformer would take care of some rare cases when too many sweepers would like to work at the same time or it could delay some exosuit docks a bit...
I have too many 120W stuff that works just few seconds a day.

At least now you can put 2 of the 1kW transformers in paralell to get 2kW protection.

• Like 3

Okay, it seems the update has some hiccup. Enabling mod by mod (yes the hard way) and sorting out just 4 of them (of 22) results in a mostly working game. The only one i will really miss for now is wall pumps and vents, but thats okay. 

So, for everyone having problems, try enabling just 2-3 mods, restart, enable more. It seems enabling a whole bunch of mods causes problems, resulting in disabling them again.

This is often what happens when modding a game and is part of the reason a lot of people don't use them. Happened with Minecraft, happened with Wow, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MeesterButts said:

This is often what happens when modding a game and is part of the reason a lot of people don't use them. Happened with Minecraft, happened with Wow, etc.

But it should not be the case. For example: One changes the color of lightbulbs, nothing else. Why is the mod broken, because the game updates, while not changing anything related to this? It makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2

Finally, my colony won't be so noisy (critter sensors set to below).

Liquid element sensor is interesting; I can't think of a use right now, since generally you want a hydro sensor, but maybe for only pumping out the one bit of polluted water in a clean water tank?

The power changes sound like they'll be a godsend; I personally never ran into such problems with my setups, but I know it wasn't that hard to end up with overloaded wires despite good transformer usage.

On the removal of toxic and flammable tags, I worry that this means we won't get any new problems from piles of chlorine and natural gas...at least tell me we're getting a buff to diseases sometime.

Overall, very good, I just hope it didn't introduce anything that'll cause crashes for my base.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Automation

The power shutoff still can get stuck in an incorrect setting, causing problems with several builds.  I added a save file to this bug report that captures the error, right before it happens. Hopefully you guys can track it down. Two things appear in common in all places where the bug occurs. (1) a smart battery is involved and (2) the faulty shuttoff seems to have have a flopped status message (see bug report). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, chemie said:

Yup.  Fully borked and they just re-disable when you restart and try to enable again.

[snip]

Edit: Looks like the "biuldable dirt tile" was the problem mod.  Worked before the update.  

Try Buildable Natural Tile until it's fixed. That mod is working. Flow Splitters was what broke for me.

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:

• Mod should supply an 'anim' directory structured like our 'game/Assets/anim' directory. 
    The game will look for a *_anim.bytes, *_build.bytes, and *.pngs for textures. The folder name dictates the animation name. If an existing animation is modded, the one in game is replaced; otherwise a new animation is added.

This broke 8 mods I had. basically ones that already had their own "anims" folder. I guess they don't follow the new official rules for animation support.

I like the added functionality of the scrolling and collapsing resource panel, but the overall size is now smaller.  In addition, part of the already smaller space is consumed by the resource collapsing line.  Overall, this means that I cannot see very many of my resources at one time compared to before.  Scrolling is nice since if you have a huge list of stuff enabled you can actually browse it, but having to scroll every time I want to glance at my resources feels like a loss of functionality.

Is there any way you would consider increasing the size of the resource panel, but keep the collapsing and scrolling?

Old v New attached, though I figure that it is pretty obvious what I am talking about (right side of screen)20190904170814_1.thumb.jpg.e790d629610116ebcd563540667194fc.jpg20181111042156_1.thumb.jpg.c509ef51c128908ea2bce2154dceb860.jpg

• Like 11

@JarrettM @Ipsquiggle

Was the save I sent you ever looked at?

I see another update with more bandaid fixes and tweaks to previous bugs, but no real mention of performance fixes.

Is it possible we can get some sort of insight into when we'll get some real performance fixes. 

As someone who is interacting with potential new players on a daily basis - it's very hard for me to answer the question "Should I buy this game?" when the base they're watching is running like stuttery laggy crap. I speak only for myself but at this point I couldn't give a toss about wiring changes, nor any additional content. Fix the game in it's current state or your player base simply won't be here for any future DLC you have planned.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

But it should not be the case. For example: One changes the color of lightbulbs, nothing else. Why is the mod broken, because the game updates, while not changing anything related to this? It makes no sense at all. 

Probably because of this:

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:

The way mods themselves are handled has changed, so all mods, whether they use the new things or not, need to be updated to a current version.  Even if nothing actually changes to the mod itself.

• Like 1