The Magnificent Magma Handling Module

2 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

EDIT: actually, its quiet in the center (the pod is, anyway).

I'm having some unexplained black magic with this.

If i pan the camera offscreen to either left/right up/down from the rails it works fine.

If i pan diagonally it doesn't.

Either I overloaded the map, since my base is pretty big and i discovered 80% of the map or something else is in play here.

I found the source of the problem, I disabled "Proccess lasso" and now the readings are back to normal.

Its shame though, cause the performance hit is quiet notice-able without it

I'd imagine it's sod all to do with process lasso, but i'll check with my own save later. Wachunga, a keen eyed bug investigator supreme from my discord had pointed out a weird bug with conveyors, whereby when panned with your camera to the upper right / bottom left of the world, the game would cease to calculate temperature change.

He's gone into some detail with it and seems to have found the cause, along with a snazzy save file for explanation. @wachunga did you ever do that bug report? :D 

14 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

He's gone into some detail with it and seems to have found the cause, along with a snazzy save file for explanation. @wachunga did you ever do that bug report? :D 

I decided to go with the throw **** on the wall and see if anything sticks method and did a General Discussion thread instead!

But if Bug Tracker threads are what get you going, how about:

Save file in my report.

Apologies to any threads I might have missed. Your sacrifice has mostly likely been in vain.

You are going to scare that magma to death with that much of a drop.

Just made me think about how we don't have any real potential/kinetic mechanics in game.  Probably for the best.  If it took more energy to raise stuff everything would be a mess.

Hi,

I have few questions :

- why did you put two mesh tiles at the bottom left of the magma room ? (speed up the flow of magma or something ?)

- why is the third door lower than the others ? (and why three doors ?)

Thanks. That was a good save to study.

I started few things in debug mode but choose to work with steam instead chunks of igneous rock directly.

34 minutes ago, bobe17 said:

- why did you put two mesh tiles at the bottom left of the magma room ? (speed up the flow of magma or something ?)

- why is the third door lower than the others ? (and why three doors ?)

The mesh tiles are to force debris that may form in the doors back into the cooling plate side. Just a startup thing to avoid an igneous pile inside the volcano.

The middle door stems the flow into a single tile to displace enough to flow, but not enough to cause deletion when the doors close.

About half of it was already tiled from another project. The horizontal line at the right is about the level of previous tiling.

1 hour ago, 0xFADE said:

You are going to scare that magma to death with that much of a drop.

Just made me think about how we don't have any real potential/kinetic mechanics in game.  Probably for the best.  If it took more energy to raise stuff everything would be a mess.

Space would break if it took more energy to pump stuff upward.

4 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Maths magma drop works real well

For a larger volcano, just make sure you add a liquid vent inside the steam chamber (probably submerged in petro) so you can add more steam, if needed, to make sure you cooling area is always cool enough to solidify any falling magma. Glad you enjoyed it. 

5 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

@Lifegrow When you build this please post on forum, I have three in a row and I'm still dithering how best to approach them.....

Denise, you need to come watch live - built a monster build but I doubt i'll do a full write up on the forums truth be told.

Currently harnessing 2 of the bottom volcanoes, collected thousands of tons of igneous and now currently using it to boil petroleum, cook sour gas, power some turbines, heat my liquid methane, then finally i'm planning to feed it to hatches :D 

Got the turbines built tonight, only the hatches left to do :p 

The Magma : 

image.thumb.png.2a8843bdcfc616f72bd495502d4e3125.png

The Petroleum : 

image.thumb.png.e9d67e1a4dda51c5b8dbb51926091687.png

The Sour Gas Boy (Codename : Pretty *****)

image.thumb.png.03dfaed484ed818414eb05033e704dc7.png

The Turbines (needing a few tweaks but working for now) :

image.thumb.png.fad85c15cd3b1ebe684cd81f58887f26.png

The Methane Warmer :

image.thumb.png.44c5370fc6368f512c2bb9e09c34eb58.png

Full overview for scale : 

image.thumb.png.f35aad0874ec4d702415b42dedd59f5b.png

On 9/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, Lifegrow said:

Currently harnessing 2 of the bottom volcanoes, collected thousands of tons of igneous and now currently using it to boil petroleum, cook sour gas, power some turbines, heat my liquid methane, then finally i'm planning to feed it to hatches

wow......

Archived