slanty shanty

ucw

I'm curious if anybody else makes purchasing the Slanty Shanty at the beginning of the game a priority?  (or am I the only one?)  I like having a spot to dump everything without building multiple chests (which the pogs will rummage around in.)  I also like the sanity boost.  Since I usually play Wickerbottom, I can't utilize sleep to renew and regenerate.  Anybody else like buying the house?  why or why not?  

24 minutes ago, ucw said:

I'm curious if anybody else makes purchasing the Slanty Shanty at the beginning of the game a priority?  (or am I the only one?)  I like having a spot to dump everything without building multiple chests (which the pogs will rummage around in.)  I also like the sanity boost.  Since I usually play Wickerbottom, I can't utilize sleep to renew and regenerate.  Anybody else like buying the house?  why or why not?  

well I consider buying the Shanty a second priority since getting a Science Machine and Crockpot is more important and makes getting Shanty easier.
(buy ingredients cheaply from shop and make food with crockpot, saving oincs and then buying Shanty)

Also I seem to always save the Alchemy Engine for the Shanty to built it in since deploying it outside has obvious chance of burning down easily.

Just now, MWY said:

well I consider buying the Shanty a second priority since getting a Science Machine and Crockpot is more important and makes getting Shanty easier.
(buy ingredients cheaply from shop and make food with crockpot, saving oincs and then buying Shanty)

Also I seem to always save the Alchemy Engine for the Shanty to built it in since deploying it outside has obvious chance of burning down easily.

Ah, and since I play librarian I can make a crockpot and alchemy engine just as soon as I can gather the materials.  Agreed, alchemy engine needs to be built inside.  When I play other characters (every now and then) I build the science machine as soon as I can -- pretty much wherever.  

yup. I spend the first half of the first Mild season collecting all the essential materials, like full stacks of grass, twigs, rocks, charcoal, etc. When I'm done I dump everything in the city to make room in my inventory and then rush back into the wild to collect lost artifacts and whatever else I might need extra of -- a second stack of grass and rocks, more wood...

Right as Mild season is ending I make my second arrival at the city, build a lightning rod (because I don't wanna remember how essential they are only after everything starts burning down), and sell the artifacts to buy the Slanty Shanty right away and start organizing everything.

41 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Slanty Shanty is not a priority to me, I just kill the Mayor when I come to town and get it for free. It's so easy to get I don't need to focus on it.

as a Wigfrid player, I'm ashamed of not doing this yet and always earning oincs like a Farmer instead of a Warrior.

Yeah, it's great to trade gold for coins with the Mayor if you're based on RoG and not in Hamlet. You can make a bunch of monster jerkys, trade with the Pig King for gold, take a trip to Hamlet and make easy oinc. But if you're based in Hamlet the gold is worth more than the oinc you get for it...

Archived