[Game Update] - 361684

Welp, seems the critter sensor has the jitters in below mode. It does seem to be sending the correct signal, but it's going to that signal again every tick, creating quite a bit of noise. I've put up a bug report.

• Thanks 1

Job Suitability
For 10 cycles in a row, havevery Duplicant in the colony complete at least one chore while wearing an Exosuit.

Just tried(/failed)  to the complete the new  achievment:

=> Is there no love for jet suits ?

[I am running a core base with 4 jet suits exits^^]

PS: I found some strange things/bugs:

1. Seems the "no dock available" message and a duplicant dropping his suit at a checkpoint (all vacancy only) seems to trigger if (but not always) when a duplicant is exhausted and will sleep at the checkpoint.
  2. The errands screen for my duplicants seems to show "test text" or some other "test strings" while they stutter.
Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Thanks 1

Why does the exit to the main menu last much longer than the exit from the game completely? :o

P.S. do I alone feel that the game is really highly optimized? My FPS returned home after a long time of absence

Edited by aresd

15 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Job Suitability
For 10 cycles in a row, havevery Duplicant in the colony complete at least one chore while wearing an Exosuit.

Just tried(/failed)  to the complete the new  achievment:

=> Is there no love for jet suits ?

[I am running a core base with 4 jet suits exits^^]

PS: I found some strange things/bugs:

1. Seems the "no dock available" message and a duplicant dropping his suit at a checkpoint (all vacancy only) seems to trigger if (but not always) when a duplicant is exhausted and will sleep at the checkpoint.
  2. The errands screen for my duplicants seems to show "test text" or some other "test strings" while they stutter.

I tried this achievement in 3 different games. One with 1 dupe, other with 2 dupes and another one with 19 duplicants.

Even though all dupes have completed a chore wearing an exosuit, the "cycle counter" was always showing 0/10.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something

Image 1.png

Edited by adferrari
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chasinji said:
18 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

jet suits

please just dont, it is artificial shove vole. it eats my fps and drops nothing, not even meat.

My suggestion wasn´t a jet suit only achievement, but to allow the "job suitability" achievement to trigger for both types of suits.

@Ipsquiggle After the critter sensor was reworked I revisited my old stables:

How should the "Fish Release" work ? [Right now it always shows 0/X  critters and the slider is pointless.]

7 hours ago, aresd said:

P.S. do I alone feel that the game is really highly optimized? My FPS returned home after a long time of absence

My FPS is quite better than it has been, actually. Then again, I don't cover the whole surface with bunker doors and mine every biome.

Before launch my bases were getting 25-30 FPS before even breaching the surface, let alone any rocketry.

After launch, I made a base that got to space, set up a couple detectors and 5 solar panels, built a rocket and sent it out numerous times. My FPS was always around 40-45 with 10 dupes I think. I mined out a few biomes but not that many, and had three natural gas geysers tapped. 

I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6-core, 3.6 GHz processor.

Graphics is NVIDIA GTX 1070.

I genuinely cannot play the game at the moment as the research screen gets stuck.

Once you've finally managed to select a research at the bottom of the research tree then the screen is stuck and you cannot see the top of the tree until you restart the game.

There's no way to move the research screen around by clicking it and move the mouse as you could before. Nor does the keyboard panning work. It's just stuck... until you restart the game then you can pan and zoom again until you select one research. After that it's stuck. Rinse repeat.

Example:

image.thumb.png.6497ab659ccfd907ffa3641f4cc46bb9.png

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1

Ah, so it's not something on my side after all... I'm experiencing something similar to you. In order to see a research branch i can only zoom out completely then zoom slowly in to the branch I'm interested. Moving left or right? Not possible. Clearly the change you guys just did to research window messed something up.

Research screen nav improvements: smooth zoom, wider max zoom, smooth keyboard panning, respects mousewheel rebinds

Paging @Ipsquiggle :)

• Like 1

Research screen is incredibly tough to navigate. Were we able to move the screen with a left click and hold? Or is it me...The boundaries of the menu are too large, imho. There is to much padding on the left side, and the top row is unnecessarily thick.

Also the dig tool says abys is a 150 hardness, and when you click on it, the dialog menu says it's 200 hardness. I didn't have a picture to post yet in bug reports... At CY200 doing anything else than the game, i.e, if I minimize it, it locks up.

Edited by Slvrsrfr

5 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

Research screen is incredibly tough to navigate. Were we able to move the screen with a left click and hold? Or is it me...The boundaries of the menu are too large, imho. There is to much padding on the left side, and the top row is unnecessarily thick.

Also the dig tool says abys is a 150 hardness, and when you click on it, the dialog menu says it's 200 hardness. I didn't have a picture to post yet in bug reports... At CY200 doing anything else than the game, i.e, if I minimize it, it locks up.

Yes, I think before it was left click and drag to navigate, now it's right click just as with the main game. More consistency is generally good long-term, but there is a bit of muscle memory issue involved right after a change.

Abyssalite should be 150 hardness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

Yes, I think before it was left click and drag to navigate, now it's right click just as with the main game. More consistency is generally good long-term, but there is a bit of muscle memory issue involved right after a change.

There you go. Thanks.

Keyboard panning still not working for me though but that's fine.

Honestly @Ipsquiggle would it have been too much bother to mention that you moved the button you click and pan with from left to right? It's like the time when you changed all pipe input and output colours around without mentioning it.That was also a "fun" day.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Shark said:

It was previously listed as "Methane Generator".

That mean my "every achievement on the single base" failed a couple of weeks and hunderd cycles ago=(  I apparently don't want to handle making of locavore,carnivere and supersustainable simultaniously once again.