Promethien    193

Thumbs up. Definitely covers the essentials and you learn a few tricks usable in other places. Notably about setting up effective cooling and how you can use diagonals to make it possible for automated devices to reach places. 

Junksteel    659
27 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

I feel your Robo-miner setup takes a lot of space, you can simply do that :

solar.thumb.png.a771e74fabec9b02b110b08d4b24bfea.png

How do you cool those?

Gus Smedstad    354

While that setup is clearly not cooled, it's easy enough to modify it so it is. Use solid tiles or airflow tiles below the miners, put a drop of liquid in the miner tiles, and then run radiant pipes behind the miners.

Also worth noting is that you don't need to pack the miners quite that tightly. Put them in pairs, and you can space the pairs 14 tiles apart. This uses about 30% fewer miners.

5d5d365adf4ca_Minerlayouts.thumb.jpg.92c21ddaa2305a88a2755b8e88569ccf.jpg

• Like 2

SamLogan    788
1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

How do you cool those?

I don't, I just deconstruct it then rebuild, it lasts long as I use steel. By I can use gas if I want.

• Like 1

Moah    57
Posted (edited)

Hi, nice video, good work!

But one small point: if you generally place your solar-panels this way (pic) you can place at least one more panel.

solar.jpg.6561501047d9f3f3c24e63cd775780da.jpg

Edited by Moah
  • Like 1

Moah    57
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lafara said:

robo miner laser beam do ignore mesh tile !?

no, but they can dig diagonally throu tiles

dig.jpg.c4a95af5835f84056155d5d7e998c2d5.jpg

Edited by Moah

Gurgel    1,161
5 hours ago, SamLogan said:

solar.thumb.png.a771e74fabec9b02b110b08d4b24bfea.png

Problem with this set-up is that occasionally dupes will climb to the top and then be stuck there and die without help. Solution is a 185sec block of surface access when the doors start to open, or more distance between floor and doors like this:

4 hours ago, Gus Smedstad said:

5d5d365adf4ca_Minerlayouts.thumb.jpg.92c21ddaa2305a88a2755b8e88569ccf.jpg

You still need ladders here to the blockers above the miners to prevent dupes from getting stuck. Better to put the miner covers up against the bunker doors.

Hellshound38    77
9 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Problem with this set-up is that occasionally dupes will climb to the top and then be stuck there and die without help. Solution is a 185sec block of surface access when the doors start to open, or more distance between floor and doors like this:

You still need ladders here to the blockers above the miners to prevent dupes from getting stuck. Better to put the miner covers up against the bunker doors.

Or just extend the ladders to the bunker doors 

• Like 1

Gurgel    1,161
Just now, Hellshound38 said:

Or just extend the ladders to the bunker doors 

Ah, yes. Dupes can now walk over opened bunker doors. I forgot about that.

MorsDux    163

This was a very good video, compacted down the essential information on the subject perfectly. Thank you.

RonEmpire    434

Neat video but   the power wire I'm sure is going to get overloaded.   2000kw.  Doors opening all at once plus the miners 

Angpaur    230
6 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Neat video but   the power wire I'm sure is going to get overloaded.   2000kw.  Doors opening all at once plus the miners 

Looks like only 16 doors are powered so it wont overload. Robominers are not working same time when doors are.

ruhrohraggy    267
Posted (edited)

@Angpaur

How's your pulsed scanner build coming along btw?

I know your last post on the subject stated that you were still working on it...

Edited by ruhrohraggy

Angpaur    230

@ruhrohraggy

I haven't played the game in a while. My last build is from QoL3 game version:

Spoiler

576094969028721019872F0516451EC31CCFF836

I managed to make it pulse only one scanner to detect end of meteor showers.

For launch update playthrough I planned to also detect peace seasons and disable scanning during that time, but since new meteor types were introduced with different timings it will become a hard thing to achieve.

Unfortunatelly I lost a bit interest in playing and my LU colony is still even before cycle 50 so there is no space scanner build progress to report ;)

Tonyroid    246
14 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I used two circuits. Note that the doors never work at the same time as the miners, so it's possible to get away with putting almost all of that on the same circuit.

• Thanks 1

Tonyroid    246
On 8/21/2019 at 5:51 AM, ruhrohraggy said:

Would like to point out a few, but essential inaccuracies...

I added some of your points to the Notes (the pinned comment on YouTube). Thank you. The creativity people put into their solar panel setups is always surprising me, I would never pretend to know everything about it.

• Thanks 1

ruhrohraggy    267
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Tonyroid said:

I added some of your points to the Notes (the pinned comment on YouTube). Thank you. The creativity people put into their solar panel setups is always surprising me, I would never pretend to know everything about it.

Thanks. I also very much appreciate when people take the time to do the same for me when I post up builds, I'm glad you reacted positively instead of taking it the wrong way.

An interesting observation of people who play this game...Seems like most builders tend to gravitate / specialize into one specific area and spend most of their time optimizing in it.

Fun offhand examples...

Myself, I like solar and simplifying general systems.

Lilalaunekuh tends towards oddball, organic solutions. Even eccentric solutions I daresay.

Mathmanican - Most of what I seen revolves around liquid / gas handling.

More of a general observation at least, seeing builds of similar nature posted by the same individual anyway :P. (Not that this is always the case)

Which is actually what I like about this particular gaming community. Different people specialized into different aspects of the game increasing overall learning / discovery progress, which means there's no real need to know everything about everything.

Edited by ruhrohraggy
  • Like 2

QuQuasar    681
Posted (edited)

No love for dupe-powered regolith digging? If you're a new player, it seems like it would be many times easier to set up a regolith shoveller than cooled robo-miners.

* designate some high priority construction work where the regolith falls on the mesh tiles.
* turn off your designated duplicants construction ability in the "Priorities" tab
* use door permissions to make sure they're the only one capable of reaching the regolith

Regolith shovelling is the only reason I haven't thrown Meep into magma yet.

Edited by QuQuasar

MeesterButts    53
On 8/21/2019 at 6:02 AM, SamLogan said:

I don't, I just deconstruct it then rebuild, it lasts long as I use steel. By I can use gas if I want.

Lame!