Return gas/liquid filters to how they were

Please, for the love of all things dupey, return the gas/liquid filter back to how they used to be.

While it makes somewhat sense to have a “none” filter (even though I see no use for one practically), it is absolutely annoying that a constructed filter will automatically select “none” and let everything pass through the moment it is built, provided it is connected to pipe and wire, which is pretty much always the case. This adds a level of micromanaging and babysitting for the building of filters.

No longer can you build a filter and then later select the filter you want to have it start working. Now you have to actively leave it disconnected from wire/pipe until it is done building, or sit there and wait for it to be built, so you can pause the game to select the filter.

It is particularly frustrating for builds where the filter working 100% correctly is essential.

I’ve seen complaints on Reddit as well, with some criticising this change as pointless and actually an anti-QoL change.

If there is no hope to get the old filters back, an explanation as to why this change was made would be appreciated at least. We’re baffled. 

Thanks

I didnt know about this change, huh. Sounds pointless indeed.

Filters and buildings which REQUIRE settings after they are built have always bothered me. Why not just allow us to set a gas/liquid to filter str8 on the blueprint?

Place the blueprint, select the gas and forget about it.

In support of both reverting to previous and keeping the "none" selection, why not have it default to "Not set" when built, not functioning until either "None" or an element is selected (like it was before). As I see it, the current problem is caused by the default being a viable option and therefor being treated as if it was selected.

None should block flow, basically acting as an expensive shutoff.

Also can we please get lower wattage? 120W when a gas element sensor and shutoff can do 90% the same thing for 10W is crazy. 60W would be much more reasonable.

20 hours ago, Nebbie said:

None should block flow, basically acting as an expensive shutoff.

Also can we please get lower wattage? 120W when a gas element sensor and shutoff can do 90% the same thing for 10W is crazy. 60W would be much more reasonable.

I don't see why "none" should block the flow. You're setting what you want filtered out. Filtering none would mean exactly what its currently doing, not filtering anything. Disabling the filter blocks all flow.

I do agree on the power cost, though. 60W is definitely more reasonable.

Archived