Best characters ?

Wickerbottom, Maxwell, Wolfgang and WX-78 kinda but

I suggest you use Wilson/Willow/Winona/ Wormwood ( If you have a nearby beefalo herd/jellybeans ) if you are a beginner since those characters have fairly easy perks/penalties to understand

No one's bothered to explain anything, so I'll do it for em.

Wolfgang is probably the best character at the moment due to his Mighty form, which allows hin a whopping 2x attack and 25% speed boost. You need a full stomach to achieve this, but it's not really too difficult to pull off by the end of the game.

Wickerbottom is debated to be the best, and she's absolutely close second. She can craft five books which are all varying levels of usefulness. Applied Horiculture is a book that grows crops instantly whenever it's read, and is arguably one of the best items in the game. Birds of the World is an okay book that allows you to summon birds at will. On Tentacles allows you to summon Tentacles around you, which is useful since Tentacles can make for some good traps and are not renewable without her. Sleepytime Stories is basically a renewable Pan Flute. The End is Nigh! allows you to summon lightning, it's only decent if you have a WX-78 in the server.

Finally, we have WX-78. In my opinion, he's incredibly unbalanced at the end of the game. He's got a ridiculous amount of upsides and has the most ignorable downside in the game. For starters, he can consume gears to increase his stats, up to 400 health, 200 hunger, and 300 sanity. Not only that, but he can get struck by lightning which heals him, gives him a light radius, and makes him move 50% faster. As well, he can eat food regardless of spoilage and recieve the full benefits of it.

Hopfully this helps you out a little bit.

WEBBER IS BEST

(but their is no "best" I'm awful with wicker,wolf,wx,and most other characters but I'm really good with webber so their is no best but their is more people that prefer other characters more than mine)

As other people have said, it's the one you find the most fun to play. I've always hated the idea that you have to choose a character that's mechanically more powerful than another, even if you don't enjoy playing them.

Except if it's Wes.

That's a whole other issue.

Archived