ever wanted to delete some gas without venting it into space? probably not, but this machine solves the non-existent problem!

brought to you by hydra facility, the gas deleter is capaple of deleting up to 1 kg of gas each … i dont know if its each second, or faster, but whatever ...

gasdeleter.thumb.PNG.3b4d25c96ddee1f558febcc3e7a314ec.PNG

gasdeleterventilation.thumb.PNG.0dd7f2e3893a42b95c0c8a62569508ca.PNG

how this works: if 1 gas enters a tile with another gas, and there's no room for the the gas to move, the entering gas will be deleted, along with the gas in the room (only as much gas deleted as the entering gas). so basicly, if you put oxygen in the room, and pump in hydrogen at a rate of 500 g / s, the entering hydrogen (500 g / s) will get deleted, along with 500 g / s of oxygen in the room.

who even cares how it works, when it works?

1 hour ago, Lutzkhie said:

I created before a gas deleter using only 3 automated door (5x5 room i guess not sure if i remember it correctly) and it works

Can't you delete it with only two doors, a vent, and some surrounding walls?

40 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

How does this compare against the zero-power door-crusher?

This one uses power, requires two or more different gases, makes clever "useless" use of game mechanics, is harder to setup, is limited by pipe capacity and looks kinda like a skull.

So, in my book, it's better in every way.

38 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

This one uses power, requires two or more different gases, makes clever "useless" use of game mechanics, is harder to setup, is limited by pipe capacity and looks kinda like a skull.

Or to put it another way, who cares which is better as building devices of questionable usefulness can lead to identifying broken mechanics and ultimately ridiculous exploit filled devices by some of our mad scientist residents. 

So, yes, better in every way. :D

10 hours ago, metallichydra said:

ever wanted to delete some gas without venting it into space? probably not, but this machine solves the non-existent problem!

brought to you by hydra facility, the gas deleter is capaple of deleting up to 1 kg of gas each … i dont know if its each second, or faster, but whatever ...

how this works: if 1 gas enters a tile with another gas, and there's no room for the the gas to move, the entering gas will be deleted, along with the gas in the room (only as much gas deleted as the entering gas). so basicly, if you put oxygen in the room, and pump in hydrogen at a rate of 500 g / s, the entering hydrogen (500 g / s) will get deleted, along with 500 g / s of oxygen in the room.

who even cares how it works, when it works?

excellent tools,if only you can improve it to just delete O2 and keep H2....(i got too much o2 now) 

or a 1 pump version?it seem costing too much power now.

1 hour ago, 6Havok9 said:

this one is more fancy.

7 minutes ago, badgamer123 said:

read that post....but I was not sure how to delete gas with it lol,

I left out some details and haven't fully explored all tangents. One other thing I left out was how to purposefully delete liquids rapidly. I figure I should leave that to the Hydra facility to discover and share. Maybe we will get a liquid deletor post soon.

14 hours ago, cblack said:

Can't you delete it with only two doors, a vent, and some surrounding walls?

actually Im a forgetful person perhaps it was 2 doors, and yes it surrounding walls like a chamber. All I can say is it works especially if you got too much CO2

5 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

actually Im a forgetful person perhaps it was 2 doors, and yes it surrounding walls like a chamber. All I can say is it works especially if you got too much CO2

Also deletes fluids. Sadly, does not work for solids like Regolith or dupes...

Archived