Who would you like to see refreshed or added as DLC?

Who would you like to see added as a refresh or DLC?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What existing (or non/almost existing) character from Don't Starve and its DLCs would you like to see retuned and put into Don't Starve Together?

• Wagstaff
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Wilba
    • Wheeler
    • Wilton
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Pyro
    • Watricia
    • Warbucks

I'm just curious to see what people would think of this. As we know, existing characters are viable to be added into the game via DLC, or reworks. This also applies to unused characters, seemingly. 

With the newest major update, Turn of Tides, Walani and Woodlegs are now completely viable characters.

Who do you think should be ported? An unimpressive character put into a new light, like Walani? An unused character getting another shot, like Wilton (and obviously Wortox)? 

The big return of Warbucks?

Who knows?

I'm waiting for that one guy to vote Warbucks.

We know who you are.

Woodlegs for obvious reasons. We could use someone to teach these amateur scallywags how to tame the seas.
Bonus points if he comes alongside a boss addition and just cannonballs the poor thing to oblivion in a trailer.

As much as I would really, really like Warbucks in canon because of the potential upheval, the lore isn't in a good place to receive him right now.
After all this moon business is concluded though, yes, Warbucks. Combat rework update themed around The Most Dangerous Game with Uncle Bucks as the board master.

These votes are way more even than I thought, I'm glad everyone has their fans.

11 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Tbh I'd like Wilba in DST, if mainly to attempt a dfly solo as werepig. XD

Wilba would be touchy, depends on what goes on with Woodie this September. We don't need another character to make him obselete...

11 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Wilbur, throwing poop at everything.

Best mechanic.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wallice or Watricia would be next for me. Wallice for a full body and Watricia just for a idea of what she'd look like. @Quoth143 did a art of her before though.

Honestly, was not expecting either of these, especially Watricia. But now I'm also curious...

Walani. She is easily the #1 DS/T Waifu, however because she's SW exclusive she gets absolutely no attention that she deserves. /s

Fr though, I'd be super interested in seeing Walani or Woodlegs in DST, since the possibility of them being added went from "impossible" to "unlikely" due to the addition of a traversable ocean in DST.

Seriously, why doesn't Walani get more love?

...Wilton runner up.
Mechanics aside, I want him to have an Un-Dead skin. I fully expect it if he is ever implemented.
Klei.
This is not a request.
These are the rules of nature.

THIS WILL BE THE PUN TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS
THE ONE CHOSEN WORDPLAY
AS FORETOLD IN THE SPOOLS

I think Walani and Woodlegs are a lot more likely now that the ocean mechanics make them viable without massive reworks, but god do I ever want to play Wheeler in DST. I love her and her unique equipment so much. The Navigadget is so useful and having a ranged weapon from day one is so good.

Wilbur's been around roughly as long as the other Shipwrecked characters, but his mechanics have no specific connection to sailing so he isn't quite as obvious of a character to add during the Return of Them development cycle. Wilba looks like fun (I haven't played her in singleplayer yet) but seems like she'd have many of the same multiplayer balance problems as Woodie, Wagstaff intrigues me for lore reasons more than gameplay ones, and the rest of them are unimplemented so I don't know how they'd play. Well, except Warbucks I guess, but a reintroduction for him seems very unlikely and his perks are very Hamlet-specific anyway.

Back when they released the 2019 roadmap I had two dreamy desires for new characters. Warly and Warbucks. 

Did I expect any of them to come realistically? No, not at all.

Did Warly's arrival make me happy? Immensely, words cannot express my endless gratitude to klei for that.

Would it make me happy if Warbuck comes aswell? Most definitely. It'd cement  Don't Starve Together as the definitive survival & exploration game in my heart.

4 hours ago, Russian Philin said:

I want Wagstaff in the DST.Ah and as bonus want to see Wheeler or Woodlegs,can still Waverly.

He seems to be a bit off limits to the lore right now. I'm sure him and Maxwell's update are later on in the future due to heavy plot significance.

12 hours ago, Canis said:

Walani. She is easily the #1 DS/T Waifu, however because she's SW exclusive she gets absolutely no attention that she deserves. /s

Fr though, I'd be super interested in seeing Walani or Woodlegs in DST, since the possibility of them being added went from "impossible" to "unlikely" due to the addition of a traversable ocean in DST.

Seriously, why doesn't Walani get more love?

Honestly, I really like Walani too. She's just a really... not amazing, in Shipwrecked. She would definitely need a refresh.

As for Woodlegs, I honestly think he could be viable to be added as a DLC character, but I would prefer someone new.

12 hours ago, maradyne said:

...Wilton runner up.
Mechanics aside, I want him to have an Un-Dead skin. I fully expect it if he is ever implemented.
Klei.
This is not a request.
These are the rules of nature.

THIS WILL BE THE PUN TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS
THE ONE CHOSEN WORDPLAY
AS FORETOLD IN THE SPOOLS

Yes. Please.                                 Please.
It would also be awesome if when he "died", he would like... fall into the pose of the skeleton that would spawn.

Wagstaff is a solo character, despite me porting him over, he's really not one for DST. He has all these tools which give him access to an array of tools of gathering, mobility, perks and armors. He's 3-4 characters in one, He's meant as a solo character.

I would absolutely love for Wheeler to be added to DST but that seems extremely unlikely given that she would have to be nerfed. 

It would be nice for Walani, like Warly, to get a rework. She's not really the best in Shipwreck and I think she would fit well in DST.  

27 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Wagstaff is a solo character, despite me porting him over, he's really not one for DST. He has all these tools which give him access to an array of tools of gathering, mobility, perks and armors. He's 3-4 characters in one, He's meant as a solo character.

That's what's great about refreshes.

NGL, I want to see Watricia, she may had a few things spoiled about her, but there was never a proper design of her! I really want to see her,
Waverly looked interesting, so I'd love to see her enter the Constant (also she'd fit with the bizzare nature of DLC characters (being monsters/otherworldly)).
The SW Cast has a high chance to enter the constant because of the slight hint from the Turn of Tides stream about a Boat Centered character possibly comming hint hint Woodlegs or Walani
I doubt the Hamlet crew will come over due to Hamlet being fairly new
Some of the unreleased/unimplemented Characters (IE Waverly and Wallace) could come in, yeah, but I dont see Winnie, Wilton or Pyro come, mostly because Winnie is literally Wigfrid, well the same person with 2 roles (since she's a stage performer, seems like Klei did a "role" swap for that girl), Wilton without a stomach wouldn't make sense for a game under the name "Don't Starve [...]" and Pyro breaks the W cycle as well as seems random.

But yah, those are my thoughts

3 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

NGL, I want to see Watricia, she may had a few things spoiled about her, but there was never a proper design of her! I really want to see her,
Waverly looked interesting, so I'd love to see her enter the Constant (also she'd fit with the bizzare nature of DLC characters (being monsters/otherworldly)).
The SW Cast has a high chance to enter the constant because of the slight hint from the Turn of Tides stream about a Boat Centered character possibly comming hint hint Woodlegs or Walani
I doubt the Hamlet crew will come over due to Hamlet being fairly new
Some of the unreleased/unimplemented Characters (IE Waverly and Wallace) could come in, yeah, but I dont see Winnie, Wilton or Pyro come, mostly because Winnie is literally Wigfrid, well the same person with 2 roles (since she's a stage performer, seems like Klei did a "role" swap for that girl), Wilton without a stomach wouldn't make sense for a game under the name "Don't Starve [...]" and Pyro breaks the W cycle as well as seems random.

But yah, those are my thoughts

Man, Watricia has a lot more fans than I thought, but the more I think about her, the more I realize how much I don't know about her...
I think Waverly could be cool too! She give me very very VERY classic Don't Starve vibes (just look at her). Having a magic-based character could be awesome!

The Shipwrecked cast... I really would like to see. Everyone's wanted "SW in DST!!" for so long now, and we have as close to that (officially) as we'll get. RIP the modders, though.

Hamlet.... ehhhhhhhhh... it would be cool. But they're too new. Heck, Wormwood is literally around the price of Hamlet (and is free if you have it), so I think that gives us some insight on Hamlet.

Waverly and Wallace are cool, wonder what Wallace would be. Winnie is no. Wilton...  I just want to be a cool skeleton, man... I like skeletons. And Pyro... I wouldn't necessarily want him in officially, but I would die for a mod that actually covers everything planned for him.

okay but imagine don't starve pyroland.

Hounds are all happy and just nuzzle you to deal damage

All items become cutesy (Spear turns into lollipop, etc.)

All depressed-looking characters look all cutesy and happy, their quotes are changed for the Pyro too, Maybe ghosts become Cherubis?

As you start losing sanity, the world slowly turns to normal

etc. etc. etc.

Just now, Mattyington said:

okay but imagine don't starve pyroland.

Hounds are all happy and just nuzzle you to deal damage

All items become cutesy (Spear turns into lollipop, etc.)

All depressed-looking characters look all cutesy, their quotes are changed for the Pyro too

As you start losing sanity, the world slowly turns to normal

etc. etc. etc.

"Why the hell did you burn down the base?!"

"... I heard a spy?"

Archived