Make-Your-Own DST Character Tier-List!

I stole this idea from someone else, and just threw on a coat of paint.

SO, everyone has their list of characters that they love playing, and a list of characters that they don't like playing as much.

Now you have the chance to put it in visual form!

Step 1:

Take this image.

MainChart.thumb.png.ce00f03f4f6f95a26bb02e0db8d55de1.png

Step 2: Arrange these character heads in order from "Played most often" to "Played least often" (Including Singleplayer characters are optional)

DScharacterfaces.thumb.png.c72f86e698fc19ea9097aa3c5f1efc77.png

(NOTE: The wiki didn't have Wortox's DST sprite. the X signifies that the sprite shown isn't his actual sprite.)

For an example, here is my Character Tier list:

image.thumb.png.f4a9fc82f3139a5704e49de7c6b9ca0e.png

(I desperately need to be more diverse...)

Well, have at it. Let's see yalls' Tier lists.

( im sorry @GetNerfedOn for basically stealing your sustenance.)

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

I believe Wortox's head could be gotten by using a snipping tool on a in-game screenshot in Autumn (it will be lower quality and with the shader but eh)

Correct me if Klei doesn't want *This*

image.png.9c5ea27d40d506d14f475e92d2dc32bb.png

That's something Im not willing to do at the moment.

45 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I believe Wortox's head could be gotten by using a snipping tool on a in-game screenshot in Autumn (it will be lower quality and with the shader but eh)

or in character selection screen where it's big and not filtered

ghCb2aP.png

This'd be my list. And regular Wortox is on the Wiki, in the character list. Didn't add singleplayer ones because they'd be just be occasional Warbucks, rare Walani and the rest never. On DST though I try to play all characters from time to time, deciding on which characters are already in server yet there's no replacement to Winona and Warly.

DST played most.png

tierlist.thumb.png.d92c462ff6120277b26e62eb80add3b0.png

Okay so here's mine and I'll give as much informations about all the Characters :

Imagine you're playing on a dedicated server for a very long time, you will have to play multiple characters by changing sometimes at the Celestial Portal, and this is exactly how I managed to put the characters bellow cause I mostly play like this

Main :

Maxwell : The reason I love him so much is not clearly clarified, I like when the shadows do the job for me cause I don't want tools in my inventory since I don't use backpacks after I've crafted a Hunger Belt and a Magiluminescence. Nightmare Fuel is the most important ressource in my inventory with flint, I use it for shadows, amulets, Bone Armor/Shadow Armor, so it's already up to many uses for everyday.

He is so helpful on multiplayer, you can just go in a forest and bring back inventories of boards (I mostly do that during Winter)

Also, I like to have 75HP, it's enough to play with when you have a constant heal sources on you like batbat...

The only BIG problem I have with Maxwell is that the Shadows don't listen to your preferences, you have to kill them before going to your base and important point or they'll destroy all your decorations...

Spoiler

exemple_maxwell.thumb.jpg.1730e3b57cf50ae2ea431335fb2c6541.jpg

Co-Mains :

Wortox : It is ALMOST a main, but I play Maxwell 75% of my time so to be truly honest I have to put it here... Anyway, I like Wortox for its convenience to heal your friends and the comfort souls give you. The teleportion with souls is also very handy in ruins, or on the Moon Island, one time I've build an island sized base on it and since there is separated shards, the teleportation was very helpful. I recommand you to try this once.

Wickerbottom : Maxwell can read books, you know ? :wilson_sneaky: And I don't know why none of my friends like to pick Wicker so I do it myself.

Occasionally Played :

All these guys are helpful depending of the situation and who is connected on the server. If I need something very specific I change my character to one of them, for exemples :

- Wolfgang when I have to do a boss tour

- Warly is new so I didn't have the time to play him so much compared to others who play with me. When there is one Warly connected it's enough to substain everyone. (dedicated to all these "6 Warly" servers)

- Woodie... I don't play it on my servers since @Steamerclaw exist :) but I like to join random public server to cut wood until I die from shadows

Rarely Played :

Wilson : I do mods, so I pick Wilson by default for making my tests... And he's a cool guy.

Willow : Her refresh is truly nice, but it's not what I need.

Webber : I play Webber a lot on Caveman servers ! But I have a buddy who main Webber so yeah. No needs to pick him.

Wes : I'm bored, I play Wes.

Never Played :

Wendy : Well, that's a cool Shadow Duelist you have here... Better than Maxwell's one but not a reason to pick you.

Wigfrid : I use Shadow Armors and Dark Swords.

5d5681cfa1ff1_CharTiers.png.fd42828af36c113f50c491ba77cc6262.png

I disliked Wortox's personality at first due to it coming off as overly random, but as I've started putting together all the pieces, it's grown on me. I particularly enjoy the 'foreign' perspective.
He reminds me of...me, actually.

Wortox head for anyone who wants it:

Spoiler

Headtox.png.3c895b74b0c48f436af637cd90a64ce3.png

Spoiler
2 hours ago, ADM said:

tierlist.thumb.png.d92c462ff6120277b26e62eb80add3b0.png

Okay so here's mine and I'll give as much informations about all the Characters :

Imagine you're playing on a dedicated server for a very long time, you will have to play multiple characters by changing sometimes at the Celestial Portal, and this is exactly how I managed to put the characters bellow cause I mostly play like this

Main :

Maxwell : The reason I love him so much is not clearly clarified, I like when the shadows do the job for me cause I don't want tools in my inventory since I don't use backpacks after I've crafted a Hunger Belt and a Magiluminescence. Nightmare Fuel is the most important ressource in my inventory with flint, I use it for shadows, amulets, Bone Armor/Shadow Armor, so it's already up to many uses for everyday.

He is so helpful on multiplayer, you can just go in a forest and bring back inventories of boards (I mostly do that during Winter)

Also, I like to have 75HP, it's enough to play with when you have a constant heal sources on you like batbat...

The only BIG problem I have with Maxwell is that the Shadows don't listen to your preferences, you have to kill them before going to your base and important point or they'll destroy all your decorations...

Reveal hidden contents

exemple_maxwell.thumb.jpg.1730e3b57cf50ae2ea431335fb2c6541.jpg

Co-Mains :

Wortox : It is ALMOST a main, but I play Maxwell 75% of my time so to be truly honest I have to put it here... Anyway, I like Wortox for its convenience to heal your friends and the comfort souls give you. The teleportion with souls is also very handy in ruins, or on the Moon Island, one time I've build an island sized base on it and since there is separated shards, the teleportation was very helpful. I recommand you to try this once.

Wickerbottom : Maxwell can read books, you know ? :wilson_sneaky: And I don't know why none of my friends like to pick Wicker so I do it myself.

Occasionally Played :

All these guys are helpful depending of the situation and who is connected on the server. If I need something very specific I change my character to one of them, for exemples :

- Wolfgang when I have to do a boss tour

- Warly is new so I didn't have the time to play him so much compared to others who play with me. When there is one Warly connected it's enough to substain everyone. (dedicated to all these "6 Warly" servers)

- Woodie... I don't play it on my servers since @Steamerclaw exist :) but I like to join random public server to cut wood until I die from shadows

Rarely Played :

Wilson : I do mods, so I pick Wilson by default for making my tests... And he's a cool guy.

Willow : Her refresh is truly nice, but it's not what I need.

Webber : I play Webber a lot on Caveman servers ! But I have a buddy who main Webber so yeah. No needs to pick him.

Wes : I'm bored, I play Wes.

Never Played :

Wendy : Well, that's a cool Shadow Duelist you have here... Better than Maxwell's one but not a reason to pick you.

Wigfrid : I use Shadow Armors and Dark Swords.

You are a good man. My respect:wilson_dorky: I totally agree with you about Maxwell. I am always pleased to hear that this character is loved. It is very useful and quite a strong character.

mein.png.1e01d21f88761638817b83d898208e40.png

• Mains: literal mains, the ones I casually pick and enjoy the most.
  • Co-mains: Megabasing stuff, it's just... an easier early-to-mid game.
  • Occasionally Played: I gotta farm like 400 grass real quick OR I wanna get wood but not like a mod character
  • Rarely Played: I have a chest full of Gold, Rocks or Silk that I really need gone.
  • Never Played: characters I don't find fun, be it mechanic-wise or just too underpowered

Roflderp.thumb.png.0c53b29a81155d7e84454fbada62f1e9.png

Here ya go, I even added an extra part. >.>

I mainly play wendy, though occasionally play Wigfrid or Willow.

I play Wortox or Wormwood mainly when playing Starving Floor.

WX is for when I feel like doing rushing, I also played him alot in the gorge.

Also no I don't want to play the musclehead or grandma. REEEE

Despite being miffed not having the time to have posted this thread first, I am proud people are following in my footsteps of tier-list obsession. Though I can no longer say the same for polls XD

Thanks a lot for preempting me this time around, @Canis. You've saved me lots of time and effort.

2a1f2ce98523d3f08549bfcd6331a949c090db7bv2_00.jpg.66c8c3ff4e4d3103762ad49a09283e52.jpg

Sadly, I don't have the time to make my own TL yet. Maybe two days from now, I promise :D

8 hours ago, Canis said:

NOTE: The wiki didn't have Wortox's DST sprite. the X signifies that the sprite shown isn't his actual sprite.)

latest?cb=201903290605075aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

um.png.b61c8df4744c98cb6c67022e8c1fb691.png

Wheeler and Wagstaff are on meh

Walani, Wilbur, and woodlegs I haven't touched

MAxwell... Was given to me after  I suceeded with Wilba

image.thumb.png.2b6467ba6cccd41d3333646d4b318706.pngimage.thumb.png.4d3ff96bef04d339c20ae78954332c91.png

I was dreading this thread from the title, because of how much I hate the usual tier list attitude. I'm glad to see it's just an opportunity to share something about ourselves!

image.thumb.png.f937b6cb96d218807c69da9a1db8c96b.png
I just play the cute ones, honestly.

I felt the need to separate DST and SW Warly since one is fun to play and the other is SW Warly. I still love him because of the shenanigans you can do with the portable crock pot, though, and his nerfs being a permanent reminder to never bend to the will of the Klei Forums.

Archived