21 minutes ago, MWY said:

may I ask that who are you guys to decide in what manner we should be asking Klei about anything on these Forums which are open to everyone?

remember this, we have the right to ask them for stuff as much as you guys have, nobody here gets to decide that unless they want to own everyone like @Sunset Skye wants to. (if you don't get this joke, I am not apologizing)

if you have a problem with that then go ahead, keep disagreeing with us, its not like we are pulling your pants off for asking Klei if they could give us new content in HAM and pay attention to DS a little bit more.

You people have been asking for MONTHS dude! About Klei's attention, about the content, about it being unfinished. 

i think they know by now that they screwed up, That we want more content for hamlet but come the hell on give em some space. time ran faster than they hoped for all of the stuff they wanted to put in and that's that. we can't ask for more as of now.

they're humans just like us, they're not a gigantic company that can throw stuff out every month like EA or something with their big teams everywhere. they just do not simply have the time for it. And they know, and you should know by now too.

Honestly can we just lock this thread? Shootem got his answer and its another topic that got swallowed by this argument that has been running for too long.And i am honestly sick of talking about it.

9 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

You people have been asking for MONTHS dude! About Klei's attention, about the content, about it being unfinished. 

i think they know by now that they screwed up, That we want more content for hamlet but come the hell on give em some space. time ran faster than they hoped for all of the stuff they wanted to put in and that's that. we can't ask for more as of now.

they're humans just like us, they're not a gigantic company that can throw stuff out every month like EA or something with their big teams everywhere. they just do not simply have the time for it. And they know, and you should know by now too.

calm down dude, we are just asking them, not telling them to do more.
(although seeing all the development on DST does pull our singleplayer strings, we are patient)

and again what I stated about the apple pie and pumpkin pie, its a general knowledge thing, not EA levels of doucebaggery which can only be reached after you have become a Mega Corporation that buys other Game Companies and ruins their games.

and I for one would have abandoned Klei games if they had been like that cause asking them for anything good would have been useless then.

and really, we are just asking for some news after all, even a tinsy winsy bit would be enough.

6 minutes ago, MWY said:

calm down dude, we are just asking them, not telling them to do more.

and again what I stated about the apple pie and pumpkin pie, its a general knowledge thing, not EA levels of doucebaggery which can only be reached after you have become a Mega Corporation that buys other Game Companies and ruins their games.

and I for one would have abandoned Klei games if they had been like that cause asking them for anything good would have been useless then.

i'd say it was more of a passive aggressive message.

you kind of are though, its just bickering saying they're greedy or they left the DS people in the mud, pinging the devs to get our attention, asking for more content yadda yadda yadda.

the EA thing was just to put the point across they're a huge company, it wasn't about the douchebaggery about em. we all know that about them.

We should be happy for what we got, even without the season stuff i'm still having a blast playing hamlet.

39 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Is the season glitch fixed when entering/exiting caves/sw?

I believe that bug was fixed with the Home Sea Home update to SW. I haven't experienced it at all in my world, where I've been hopping between all 3 worlds + their sublevels for a good 800 days.

10 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

i'd say it was more of a passive aggressive message.

you kind of are though, its just bickering saying they're greedy or they left the DS people in the mud, pinging the devs to get our attention, asking for more content yadda yadda yadda.

the EA thing was just to put the point across they're a huge company, it wasn't about the douchebaggery about em. we all know that about them.

We should be happy for what we got, even without the season stuff i'm still having a blast playing hamlet.

well I don't like something like Gold Boulder icons being added to DS after 4 years which obviously causes the devs to go back to 4 years of development that they skipped out on and put in DST that they have to bring it back now in DS cause its that much old on the gameplay.

we have to notify them about this and doing it after atleast a week or month is not wrong, especially when DST is receiving even more Gameplay updates then before and its making DS look aged even further.

HAM obviously feels unfinished because of this as the devs had to cut time in development of the DLC in order to bring QOLs in DS.

5 hours ago, MWY said:

also @HobNob and @pe5e if you guys react the same way to this post as Skye does, you prove my claim that you guys operate like a herd.

Yes, we're a herd. Baaaa.

Anyway, about Hamlet. It's not wrong to ask for more content, but I personally feel Hamlet has a pretty satisfying amount of content. The developmental cycle was fine for the most part (the Teleportato was added at least, even if a little bit later), but I can't say the same for example for Shipwrecked, which to the community felt like it stopped out of nowhere, there were no bug fixes either after content stopped coming (but at least Home Sea Home gave us something more).

I've been enjoying Don't Starve A LOT, to the point where I'm not even interested in DST anymore aside from playing with friends. Hamlet added and changed things I always wished for in the game and it brought so much amazing potential to the end game (while also offering a pretty fun and different early game experience). I honestly don't want the game to get any changes, not even bug fixes, as most bugs have been pretty beneficial to the game, some bugs even Klei is aware of but intentionally won't fix (think pinecone glitch). The game is perfect to me and it really doesn't need anything else.

I understand not everyone shares this sentiment (I'm probably in the minority here), but if you need more content or a constant stream of content to be interested in a game, then it's ok to drop the game at some point. I've had games I was really into but eventually dropped out of boredom. Or even games I dropped because they got content I wasn't a big fan of. No game can last forever and Don't Starve is at its limit content-wise (but don't confuse this with having limited potential, because the game's potential is crazy if you really get into it).

On 20/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, MWY said:

in the end we can't do anything about it, eventually all good things fall to corporate greed.

Calling Klei greedy is really the last thing I would ever call them. I got Hamlet and Hot Lava for free by signing up to their respective alphas and I also got Invisible Inc. for free because of some kind of promotion I forgot the details about. They've been also doing their best to support new DST content without having to pay for it (DLC characters are a fair compromise). Even if I bought Hamlet instead I would have gotten way more than my money's worth out of the DLC.

Anyway this thread is really going off-topic, it was just a question about if Hamlet is coming to console. We should drop this here (and if you really wanna keep discussing this, then a new thread would be a good idea).

8 hours ago, MWY said:

may I ask that who are you guys to decide in what manner we should be asking Klei about anything on these Forums which are open to everyone?

remember this, we have the right to ask them for stuff as much as you guys have, nobody here gets to decide that unless they want to own everyone like @Sunset Skye wants to. (if you don't get this joke, I am not apologizing)

if you have a problem with that then go ahead, keep disagreeing with us, its not like we are pulling your pants off for asking Klei if they could give us new content in HAM and pay attention to DS a little bit more.

Hide contents

also @HobNob and @pe5e if you guys react the same way to this post as Skye does, you prove my claim that you guys operate like a herd.

I think you need to dial down the emotions and personal attacks towards users that you disagree with. Those have no place in this thread. PMs exist, so keep this stuff out of the forum. It poisons discussions and keeps derailing the thread. Keep those in PMs like we did, no one wants to see this drama or conspiracy talk. (Also if you simple dont respond in the PMs then we cant solve the disagreement.)

No one is telling what you can and cant say here, but common decency should be a factor on how things are handled. You see, most people dont disagree with your (or @inferjus4´s) ideas, but simply your attitude on certain things sometimes. For example a lot of players certainly would like to see a small content update for Hamlet to polish up the gameplay a bit, but there is a difference on how to ask for that. Constantly adding the developers in anger filled posts where you call them greedy and whatnot is certainly NOT the way to go about it.

Also lets make something clear: DS Hamlet and SW are not unfinished DLCs. There could have been a bit more potential to polish them up a bit more but just because that didnt happen doesnt mean that Klei simply didnt care about it. For the price of the DLCs both are full of content and hardly worth calling unfinished. We both would like to see that small update but no one is entitled towards it, the DLCs are very much worth their money even now. As it stands we should just patiently wait instead of bring up the topic in every new thread.

And again, I hope you can leave the personal things out of this or at least this thread.

5 hours ago, pe5e said:

Also lets make something clear: DS Hamlet and SW are not unfinished DLCs.

Yeah, sure! Where is promised seasonal update for Hamlet? Where is new content after Beta Branch? Where is Aporcalypse content that would make it worth risking not skipping this season? Where are balance changes that do not force you to visit Hamlet world before day 60 or you are totally screwed? Why seasons in DLCs are not synchronized with those in RoG?

Maybe Don't Starve has a lot of content, maybe I am overreacting a bit with my anger, but this game needs polishing and devs have to communicate with us (this is crucial). Even if they would tell us "We won't add promised things", at least I would know they are not going to do anything, but because they tell us nearly nothing about what they are going to do (with DS at least) I am living with false hope that something will eventually come.

2 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

Maybe Don't Starve has a lot of content, maybe I am overreacting a bit with my anger, but this game needs polishing and devs have to communicate with us (this is crucial). Even if they would tell us "We won't add promised things", at least I would know they are not going to do anything, but because they tell us nearly nothing about what they are going to do (with DS at least) I am living with false hope that something will eventually come.

That is my point.

and as of right now I'm begging to feel Klei might take at least an year to give any form of news about what they are gonna do cause its the samething that happened with SW.

compared to SW however I had higher hopes with HAM because HAM was the cause of QoL update to occur in DS which were brought straight from DST, this filled me up with a lot of hopes that the devs might port over other things like character changes/updates, world gen content but it didn't happen.

this entire thread started with the question "Would HAM be brought in consoles of any sort and is there any form of news about it?"

we need some news or else we will just keep asking like anyone else would.

Spoiler

also people who are gonna complain about me calling Klei out in a rough manner,
please, let Klei deal with me,

you guys can't satisfy me with your overloaded explanation about your opinions on this matter.
Its Klei that will do something about this,
not you guys

57 minutes ago, MWY said:

guess that demands another round of asking, keep it up bois!

It's just like every other DLC or platform announcement in the past. We announce information when information is available to announce. 

Sometimes we have long periods of time where we don't know when or how something is going to happen or if it will happen at all. When we have info. We will provide it. 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, Sunset Skye said:

I believe that bug was fixed with the Home Sea Home update to SW. I haven't experienced it at all in my world, where I've been hopping between all 3 worlds + their sublevels for a good 800 days.

It still happens in the switch, as my brother happened to find out a few weeks ago

5 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

It still happens in the switch, as my brother happened to find out a few weeks ago

Does the Switch version have the Home Sea Home update? I know it's on PS4, XB1, and Mobile, but I can't seem to find any evidence that it was brought to the Switch. An easy way to check is to see if the Sea Yard or Tar Extractor are available in the Nautical Tab, as they should be there from the very start of a SW world.

11 hours ago, JoeW said:

It's just like every other DLC or platform announcement in the past. We announce information when information is available to announce. 

Sometimes we have long periods of time where we don't know when or how something is going to happen or if it will happen at all. When we have info. We will provide it. 

THANK YOU! 
react_haha.png

this finally means that even if it might take long as SW, at least we know now there "will" be something : )

Archived