Return of them - Turn of Tides now available on Steam!

I'm so happy to be able to play return of them on my low end laptop, you guys did great on the spec support, thank you guys.

However, I think I've ran into a minor bug, whenever I hop on to a boat and hop back on land, the camera seems to be off, my character is no longer in the center of my screen which makes it look kind of odd, I wonder if it's just me, I don't have any server mods enabled and most of the client mods I use don't really mess with the interface.

I do like how when you hop onto a boat, the camera pans into a boat view rather than track the player, so that's pretty cool.

Would love to know if this is just a bug. Keep it up guys. :)

• Developer
7 hours ago, RETAKEREPLAY said:

I think I've ran into a minor bug, whenever I hop on to a boat and hop back on land, the camera seems to be off, my character is no longer in the center of my screen

If you are running the Observer Camera mod, this is the source of the issue. The next hotfix will help fix the "when I hop off" part, but the mod requires updating for proper boat camera support. If you are not running that mod, then please submit a bug report so we can discuss the issue.

8 hours ago, bugsmand said:

Only just the start. Turn of Tides is the foundation update for what's to come. in 6 weeks time (4 weeks if you play the beta) a new content update will come out for Return of Them, which is the name for this whole content package. and we may get more than that. 

A new chapter has opened up and its not going anywhere for a while.

I tought it would be with more contents at the release, like straight full. So, to be sure, we wont find any new bosses for now ? Or maybe Klei put some surprises ? Even little things not visible in the beta ?

And about having more islands ? Klei ? Maybe more "cave island" too ? Is it obvious because the gateway, the lore, etc... ? I dont need many details... A "yes" would be great. It doesnt have to be related to that new chapter. By now and for the future. Like an island with a town for exemple.

Im just thinking "what a huge game". Cant wait to see it grow more and more. 

On 8/15/2019 at 1:42 PM, JoeW said:

We expect the next content update will hit the beta branch 4 weeks from now, and after 2 weeks of testing will be live in a total of 6 weeks from today; give or take a few days (probably give)

Mmm...a schedule ONI players are familiar with. :wilson_sneaky:

Also, why isn't this stickied @JoeW?

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, why isn't this stickied @JoeW?

I usually wait a little while before I pin stuff because we have so much up there already. When a post still has a decent amount of conversation going, it can actually be more noticeable if it's not stickied.

50 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I usually wait a little while before I pin stuff because we have so much up there already. When a post still has a decent amount of conversation going, it can actually be more noticeable if it's not stickied.

There's a few that can be unstickied we think, like Return of them - Turn of Tides is coming next week! and 
Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update owo

• Developer
On 8/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, FuffledBeeQueen said:

If its Console Currency, why is it on the PC build too..?

There's a couple of reasons for this, but mainly it comes down to making the console branch and the steam branches of the codebase as identical as possible. This helps ease the updates to console by avoiding future merge conflicts and difficulties. Ideally where possible the code is common. In this case, there was no need to make the code exclusive to the console branch, and I actually did the development using the Steam build, even though it's intended to be a Console feature.

It also has the benefit of having all the new strings in our main branch which is where we run our translation pipeline from. If you look at strings.lua you'll notice that there are PSN and RAIL specific strings in there too.

10 hours ago, PeterA said:

There's a couple of reasons for this, but mainly it comes down to making the console branch and the steam branches of the codebase as identical as possible. This helps ease the updates to console by avoiding future merge conflicts and difficulties. Ideally where possible the code is common. In this case, there was no need to make the code exclusive to the console branch, and I actually did the development using the Steam build, even though it's intended to be a Console feature.

It also has the benefit of having all the new strings in our main branch which is where we run our translation pipeline from. If you look at strings.lua you'll notice that there are PSN and RAIL specific strings in there too.

I guess that answers it, sorta sad since I'd have loved to see the cloth bolts in action

So It looks like my theory about the island came true: It really IS a piece of moon that broke and fell into the ocean, which caused it's level to rise!

Oh, and by the way...

Spoiler

hyyypememe_extended.png.daa3b0676fa1f5943168f01378564b44.png

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!1!!1!!11!!

On 17/08/2019 at 12:47 AM, ScottHansen said:

If you are running the Observer Camera mod, this is the source of the issue. The next hotfix will help fix the "when I hop off" part, but the mod requires updating for proper boat camera support. If you are not running that mod, then please submit a bug report so we can discuss the issue.

I do, that's probably it, thank you. Gah! Tech is so hard to understand...

19 hours ago, Miella said:

Hello, i was just wondering why i can't see it. I log in and it's been updated but i don't know where to go for the new island and stuff. If somebody could please let me know that'd be great, thanks~

If you come across land that's oddly straight-shaped, there's a very good chance that the lunar island is close-ish.

That's what I've heard, anyway.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

If you come across land that's oddly straight-shaped, there's a very good chance that the lunar island is close-ish.

That's what I've heard, anyway.

Guide to finding the lunar island:

1. Outline your entire map.

2. Look for two unnaturally flat coasts.

3. Draw two lines away from them, perpendicular to the coast. Where the two lines cross will almost always be near or on some part of the lunar island.

Example:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2f1ef2bb7b537135191124a95eb4f561.png

Archived