Return of them - Turn of Tides now available on Steam!

What happens to worlds that are opted into the beta? Can they be moved into main branch? Or should they stay in the beta for the later updates?

Same for where we should report RoT specific bugs: in the main branch bug tracker or beta branch tracker?

1 minute ago, Axelocke said:

Actually... I think it's because she's a little crazy!

- She's not wearing her helmet, implying she hasn't fought in a little bit. (Fighting gives her sanity)

- You can see her eye twitch a bit during the scene where she and Winona are picking Wilson up. Even blinking a lot.

- She wasn't affected by the Gestalts like Winona and Wilson were.

I think this was a very neat subtle addition! :o

Klei is comprised of actual lore Gods, confirmed. oh mY GOD

Woot woot! Super excited for where this will take us. Live the hard work you put into your games Klei.

Also 3 new biomes? Am I missing something. The only new biomes I see is the moon biome. With the light blue ground.

2 minutes ago, UraniumXI said:

Yes, there is one main area for the island, but 3 biomes in that island; Lunar Forest, Lunar Mine, and the Rocky Beach.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Lunar_Island

Ahhh thanks. Didn't realize those were concidered different biomes. I thought it was just one big biome with a bunch of different stuff (kinda like mosaic).

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Currently console skin offerings are very limited because each time we put new skins on console we have to go through the entire certification process as well as the process for setting up DLC, which in the past has proven to be more time consuming than we'd hoped. However, if we instead put everything up as one package and allow them to be paid for with virtual currency, we're no longer so limited. This also brings us another step closer to providing better support for console. Consider it like being able to buy Spool to weave your items. This takes a lot of coordination with the platform and is not a main priority, so it's going to be a while. But we want console players to know a solution is coming; likely in an update following Turn of Tides. 

I'm confused with all the wording. Does this mean that instead of buying chests of skins, we can just buy spools instead?

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

Actually... I think it's because she's a little crazy!

- She's not wearing her helmet, implying she hasn't fought in a little bit. (Fighting gives her sanity)

- You can see her eye twitch a bit during the scene where she and Winona are picking Wilson up. Even blinking a lot.

- She wasn't affected by the Gestalts like Winona and Wilson were.

I think this was a very neat subtle addition! :o

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I was wondering about that!
That's so cool! So subtle.

She must've been around half sanity to see the Gestalts but then not be affected by that, that's amazing!

• Developer
16 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

What happens to worlds that are opted into the beta? Can they be moved into main branch? Or should they stay in the beta for the later updates?

Same for where we should report RoT specific bugs: in the main branch bug tracker or beta branch tracker?

You will have to choose between your non-beta or beta worlds. If you would like to use your beta worlds, then you can rename your DoNotStarveTogether (located in \Documents\Klei\) to DoNotStarveTogether_backup. Then rename DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta to DoNotStarveTogether. If all so working well, then feel free to delete DoNotStarveTogether_backup, or keep it around in case you want to switch back.

Bug reports can be submitted in the main bug tracker. 

As a console player and a PC play I do find there is a bit of a descripency when it comes to fairness for skins. The package deals sound appealing and I get that the revenue has to come from somewhere... but why does console players not receive the same discounts as PC player (not to mention the market place for steam I can buy missing skins I want going for as low as $0.03). 

Also will the forge/gorge make another season in the console game? I meet tons of console players who didn't get to play either because they just recently bought the game or missed it (like i did) when it was launched. 

Twitch drops is 100% effective when it comes to fairness for receiving skins on both ports. 

Seasonal skin drops are probably still my favorite time to hunt for skins but I never seem to get as good of skins as I do when I play PC... (the shoes and pants klei.... nobody wants 5x of the same common shoe or gloves...).  This coming back to the weavable items... if common drops are given on console can you please please please up the value from 5 spools to 25 so that I may one day hope to weave some head skins or belongings while I am still in my 20's..... cause 1350 for one item (that's right ONE item) and un-spooling items worth only 5 spools with a possibility of getting max 11 items per week is re-donk-u-lous!

ALL HAIL THE KLIE LORDS AND MAY THEY FORGIVE MY UNGRATEFUL PLEAS OF FAIRNESS!!! LONG MAY THEY REIGN!!!!

• Developer
19 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I'm confused with all the wording. Does this mean that instead of buying chests of skins, we can just buy spools instead?

Yeah, but instead of spools it'll be a new currency used just in the shop. That'll allow us to offer all the items packs for sale like on PC without the overhead of getting platform approval for every single item. That's typically our biggest bottleneck when it comes to getting updates out to the consoles.

27 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Any option to dont have new ocean and all connected with it things? I want to play at my normal world without any stupid boats, island without any sense and THE MOST UGLY ocean in DS history :D

Well that's definitely not passive-aggressive.

12 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

Well that's definitely not passive-aggressive.

Its not passive-aggresive, just truth. No everyone wanted to have and like ToT ... few mechanics is bit annoying. Personally I hate new oceans and waterfalls. Someone can like new stuffs, devs did great job and i cant tell anything more bad about all but im one of few people what just dont like ToT update and everything what is connected with. Had hope that we will have option to chose - wanna new stuff or no.

But you can think about me like aggressive grumpy person who want people's blood and dramas!

48 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Any option to dont have new ocean and all connected with it things? I want to play at my normal world without any stupid boats, island without any sense and THE MOST UGLY ocean in DS history :D

IMG_20180401_125005.jpg

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

Don't Upgrade :D

Think this trailer was missing wormwood and Maxwell but I appreciate all the effort that was shown in this trailer. Seeing how Lunacy made the characters happy gave a drug trip vibe while also showing the danger of the new Gesalts.

Thanks for the new skin as well.:wilson_smile:

57b92c95e811e_20160820p2-Charliesmoonlightstroll.png.dcd2e7ecd68434a5100262530138b863.png575cd0b9dd43b_20160711-Illchopthemoonforyou.png.08d3d19fac9338db962e096324cbf435.png588ac881d0a72_20170126-Survivorsundertheharvestmoon.png.fb3f09a73b313b4208be00169d4947e6.png

57466a7c33e2f_ScreenShot2016-05-25at11.17.42PM.png.0b3e31012ab1a56d7fb8b1e90c993888.png

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Console Players:

As noted in a previous post, we need extra time to get this update out to console. We expect this to take an additional 3-4 weeks (hopefully less), and we will update you with the expected date as soon as we submit to cert and have a better handle on what the date will be.

Did klei check if xbox insider hub can help with the testing? i thought it allowed games to have a beta on xbox one.

Archived