6Havok9

Fully automated ranching and egg delivery

beowulf2010    528
3 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

Weird. Reuploaded =|

All are working now. Will read in detail a bit later. Thanks in advance! 

gaucho_tche    11

Hi 6Havok9. Do you have an automated design for puft ranching for slime? or would you care to guide me on making one? I am completely new to those creature automations.

BLACKBERREST3    232

@gaucho_tche I've seen your posts asking for more info on exactly this. I do not have a build for this yet, but I do know the mechanics behind making one. I'd suggest looking at all sorts of builds, examples, traps, etc. until you are comfortable knowing how puft pathing, reproduction, and habit works.

Spoiler

Example of a critter trap that works on pufts

5d896c0b66b4c_CritterCrowder.thumb.png.b312258a671bfc54e338d1169f30f391.png

You could try improving your "google fu" by increasing your search range. Also check oni-db for the basics on pufts.

gaucho_tche    11
10 hours ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

@gaucho_tche I've seen your posts asking for more info on exactly this. I do not have a build for this yet, but I do know the mechanics behind making one. I'd suggest looking at all sorts of builds, examples, traps, etc. until you are comfortable knowing how puft pathing, reproduction, and habit works.

Reveal hidden contents

Example of a critter trap that works on pufts

5d896c0b66b4c_CritterCrowder.thumb.png.b312258a671bfc54e338d1169f30f391.png

You could try improving your "google fu" by increasing your search range. Also check oni-db for the basics on pufts.

Hey pal, let's develope this thread:

As to make a design for regular pufts ranching. I seriously believe you can help with your knowledge.

6Havok9    224

@gaucho_tche Don't have much time on my hands now, can barely play the game a couple hours every now and then. I can give you my 2 cents, my method does not involve incubators. Check the "Dense puft ranching for meat" thread for alternative methods, because that thread was awesome.

If you want to ranch pufts for slime, build two stables. One will have the puft prince trapped in a corner, or wherever you like, it doesn't matter as long as it is inside the 96 tile room designated as a stable. If it's far away, and trapped by liquid, you can feed him oxygen and have it not consume your precious PO2. Also he won't get groomed. The pufts in this room will deploy (mostly) standard puftlet eggs. If you want to prevent slime from offgasing, have a layer of liquid on the floor.

The other room will be a princeless room. Here the pufts will deploy (mostly) puftlet prince eggs. You can use any type of puft to generate prince eggs. I prefer dense pufts.

You then pick up the eggs via autosweeper and send them on separate lines using different loaders... Or you send everything to a sorting room. I prefer the sorting room. Using a water clock, you drop a prince egg every 75 cycles in that remote, secluded corner elite place up high where the snob noble puft will live its despicable easy life overlooking those actually useful plebeian pufts.

If you want to stagger your critters lifecycles you have to deploy a puft egg in the princeless room every 12,5 cycles to replace the critter that leaves the valley of tears. 12,5 is the magic number. (75 cycle lifespan/6 =12,5) HOWEVER, since there is the damn emo prince puft occupying a space in the other stable, you'll have to drop an egg there every 15 cycles. (75/5 = 15). This way you'll always have 11 productive pufts and well... that one.

All the other eggs can be sent to a single enclosed tile filled with liquid. Puft eggs are only 250g of raw egg, while they produce 1 kg of meat upon forceful evolution. One could make an argument that if they are born underwater (or worse) and die evolve soon after, it's just life to them, since they never had the chance to experience anything else. Do what you want, I don't want to be held responsible for any unethical or abusive action against critters.

Much love :wilson_love:

Edited by 6Havok9
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

gaucho_tche    11

Thanks for the reply Havok. The one thing I see is that when groomed pufts will deploy eggs much quicker. Wouldn't that mess up with the water clocks?

6Havok9    224

Doesn't matter how fast they deploy eggs, as long as they deploy enough to not die off. Clocks are based on critter lifespan, not egg laying rate. So you send an egg only when needed, then do what you want with the rest.