Sign in to follow this  
PreliatorMax

Klei, Why Do Bunker Doors Open When Unpowered?

Posted (edited)

I have a Space Scanner with a Not Gate and Automation Wires connected to Bunker Doors to close whenever the scanner detects a meteor. Once power goes out during a meteor shower, why does the bunker doors automatically open?

Klei, please make bunker door's status (open/closed) only change when either:

a) A duplicant manually open/closed it.

b) When it's powered and automation kicks in.

Thanks.

Edited by PreliatorMax
  • Like 1

abud    470
4 hours ago, PreliatorMax said:

why does the bunker doors automatically open

When your Space Scanner not powered, it will send out red signal. Because you use not gate, whenever Space Scanner not powered not gate will send out green signal. This not gate opening your bunker doors. This is limitation design using simple not gate. Don't get me wrong, I like simplicity but we need to know each design limitation.

Simplest solution is making sure at least one Space Scanner never running out of power using dedicated power reserve for that one. There is some other solution which used to detect whenever power unavailable to sacred Space Scanner. And probably many people use more complex automation that already include brownout into design consideration rather than simple not gate.

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's the game's mechanics but I was under the impression that machines with no power cannot move on their own (even automated).

Nebbie    247

Bunker doors open and close without power, but very slowly. It can be really bad for them to start opening while still powered, then try to close when unpowered (they don't count as the next state until they finish).