Who do you main?

Woodie. I really really like playing as the big scary monster in games rather than running from them, and the Werebeaver is the closest that I'll ever get to that. I also really like werewolves.

Also, Woodie's personality and humor makes me gravitate towards him. Having someone that's so soft-spoken, deep-voiced, and chill, really gets to me. Theres only so many puns you can bare before wanting to kill someone.

… Now that I think of it, I don't think Im as straight as I thought I was. /s

Webber/Wolfgang WAY back before DST was released officially(pre Woodie, Wes and Maxwell). Woodie when they released it officially. Maxwell when he came out in A New Reign. Warly now that he came out. 

So it was Maxwell for a long time but now I'm Warly all the way.

Wortox and Maxwell. 

I'd enjoy Wortox more if he was more challenging but it's still fun as hell to abuse his invincibility frames to fight bosses and surprise-attack normal mobs going about their own business lol.

I also love Maxwell for his lore and how cool the idea of him fragmenting his mind to manifest shadows are.

Before, I used to main WX. This was because I usually just ran around the world looking for things to do, and WX's perk of not having to worry about spoiled foods made it very easy to just bring a few meaty stews and be free for a while. Along with his high speed that he can get, this made exploring and hunting super easy. (Dont worry i was not a gear hog either)

But, now i find myself maining Willow more than anyone, because being able to help protect people with shadows using bernie (and essentially having a giant bodyguard) is very fun. I find she is a great support character in that way, as she is able to take the aggro away from any monsters attacking your friends, and have a 2000 health giant take care of them for you. While yes she does go through silk fairly quickly with all of her sewing kits, she at least makes up for it with her constant nightmare fuel

Woodie, I mostly like him because he is an above par lumberjack, but doesn't have the 75 hp cap like Maxwell. I know there are probably better ways to get wood, but the satisfaction from being able to kill treeguards, terrorbeaks, and chop/gnaw down an entire forest at the same time is just too great. Of course he isn't perfect, in fact I would consider him underpowered. He's not garbage like the majority of the DST community would probably think; however, he is overshadowed by the Amazing Maxwell and Bearger. Half the time he's an upgraded wood harvester and the other half the time he's just Wilson with an extra meter. Learning to manage harvesting and knowing that the beaver is ill-prepared for combat helps a lot. However... It might not stay this way whenever the next rework comes out.

I've played maxwell for a long time since I like summoners, but I got bored, and now im more flexible and play most characters. I'm waiting for my shadow bretheren to get their rework, to go back to maxwell.

In the meantime I've been having fun rushing or soloing things with wickerbottom, in a more causal playstyle. Usually getting a beefalo to explore the map riding, within the first 5 or 6 days.

Best girl Wendy.

Her perks and downsides change up the way you look at the game, once you fully figure out how they work. Well rounded character in general, but possibly the best for simple sustainability in a base near the Ruins. Seemingly straightforward, but the various tricks that Abi enables make her interesting, especially once you learn to work around her power level changing by time of day, being in the caves, or at its strongest when she's in the Ruins area.

Also the amount of honey you get from occasionally walking Abi through the Killer Bee Fields is downright silly. I've kept pub servers fed on that strat before.

Archived