Your least favourite character in the game and why?

Alexias

My by far least favourite character is Webber. Severe arachnophobia... so there is just no way that I would play a fricking spider!

In DST I can solo Klaus without many issues, but if a Spider Queen spawns you'll see me running and screaming like a little girl... (the little spiders are somewhat tolerable... barely)

On 4.09.2019 at 11:13 PM, _midnightrain_ said:

My by far least favourite character is Webber. Severe arachnophobia... so there is just no way that I would play a fricking spider!

In DST I can solo Klaus without many issues, but if a Spider Queen spawns you'll see me running and screaming like a little girl... (the little spiders are somewhat tolerable... barely)

I have similiar problem with spiders in Terraria. They look so realistic that I have very big problem with exploring the caves without being terrified by thought of spider cavern being somewere in nearby darkness.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:31 AM, kiwikenobi said:

And I dislike Wickerbottom because of her pretentious use of the Latin name for everything, and her general way-too-strict-and-proper personality, and I find her very suspicious overall. How does she know so much magic when no one else does, other than Maxwell, whose knowledge is explained? How can she do more science without a science machine than the actual scientist can? Wickerbottom has secrets. Dark secrets. Perhaps they're what prevent her from sleeping...

Wickerbottom is my favorite character to play.  And now, you have given me additional reasons to love her.  Instead of grumbling that she can't sleep, I can now think about all the dark secrets that keep me awake at night.  Wheeee!  

On 7.9.2019 at 8:31 PM, inferjus4 said:

I have similiar problem with spiders in Terraria. They look so realistic that I have very big problem with exploring the caves without being terrified by thought of spider cavern being somewere in nearby darkness.

Weird how arachnophobia kicks in for everyone differently, the Terraria spiders are not so bad for me (aka as long as I don't see them I'm fine)... but I'm absolutely terrified of Skyrim Frostspiders... oh and Minecraft spiders are terrible as well...

On 9/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, inferjus4 said:

Spiders in terraria are pretty dangerous if you aren't well equiped enough though

On 8/14/2019 at 11:43 AM, pe5e said:

I dislike Wolfgang a lot. I used to play him a fair bit but the time he gains through faster combat often is often lower than the time to gain all the food to keep him fed. But what really kills any enjoyment for the character for me are his hunger transformation, that cant be canceled and can cause a lot of trouble (I know he is invincible during it but he sure isnt after) and his constant downticking of his health which just triggers my OCD.

Edit:
Wes is a strong second contender but what annoys me isnt actually the character but some peoples attitude with him. He is just horrible boring and the worst attempt of a challenge character.

I was with you until the Wes thing.

Wes is a walking punchline, added because players wanted challenge, so they just made the worst possible character possible.

A mime.

*shudders*

On 9/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, _midnightrain_ said:

Weird how arachnophobia kicks in for everyone differently, the Terraria spiders are not so bad for me (aka as long as I don't see them I'm fine)... but I'm absolutely terrified of Skyrim Frostspiders... oh and Minecraft spiders are terrible as well...

Skyrim Spiders? laughable. RE7 spiders? No problem. Realistic-ish modern game spiders in general? EZ.

Minecraft/Thief/Terraria/System Shock 2 spiders? OH CHRIST HELP ME

16 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I have to bring it up for the memes, but my most hated character is Warbucks. :wilson_sneaky:

Reveal hidden contents

Walks in, throws in a firebomb in the comments section, run out while the forums is in a flame war.

mlgmeep.png.5cf540e3dac6732a5abafc08d9daacea.png

Naughty, naughty.  

2 hours ago, NormalPinkerton said:

I also wonder why would you care about food in this game called "Don't Starve", guess we'll never know...

I don't think food is that much of a problem in Don't Starve games other than DS Vanilla. Keeping your belly full is pretty easy. Food is interesting because you're gonna have to also find foods that also heal or increase your sanity.

What I meant is that the perk of that character is completely negated by his downside, leaving only his unique crafts which aren't enough to make up for the rest.

And that's without talking about blooming, yet another disadvantage.

For Don't Starve, its hard to choose. I couldn't really say I dislike any character in general, but from a just perks perspective I guess a four-way tie between Wagstaff, Walani, Warly, and Wheeler. It's too bad really as Wagstaff is my favorite character in every way other then perks, and I quite like Walani and Warly as well. They all had so much potential, but all fall flat and are very boring in execution...

As for Don't Starve Together, controversial opinion, but it would have to be Wurt. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and gave her a shot when she was released, and the end results of my opinion did not go the same way it had with Wilba (who for context, is one of my favorite characters). She feels like nothing but fluff perks with no real focus and just feels like something Klei cooked up real fast cause they promised a brand new character (especially feels that way given the quality of the update at release). Doesn't even offer anything to the lore either. I don't really want to get super in-depth into why I don't like Wurt here, as that would be a long post, so to end off I'll just say she has to be the first character I can say I don't like at all in the Don't Starve franchise.

Dislike

Wilson/Walani/Warbucks - too basic, little to no strategy 

Wolfgang/Wx/Wicker/Woodlegs/Wortox - too OP

Wilba/Wagstaff/Wendy/Winona - gameplay wise is pretty boring

Wes/Wilbur - can't talk

Wurt - doesn't synergies well with anyone

Woodie/Wigfrid/Willow/Wheeler - close to the basics but with strategy

Webber/Warly/Wormwood - changes the way you play

Maxwell - O.K.

Wilson 2/10: Game play wise he's as bland as they get and I don't care for his personality either.. I just don't like him much.

Willow 5/10: Game play wise she's okay, I can appreciate setting things on fire. Her girly personality I like too.

Wolfgang 1/10: Game play wise I don't like him and I don't care for his dumb strongman personality. 

Wendy 3/10: I don't care for her much at all, she's boring.

WX-78 8/10: I don't play him, but I like him because of his evil personality.

Wickerbottom 1/10: Her books are stupidly OP with her play style mostly being based around using them to exploit the game as much as possible for that reason alone I don't like her at all. Don't care for her personality either.

Woodie 3/10: Eh.

Wes 1/10: Incarnation of all things boring put into a character.. He's basically one big meme. (I don't care much for memes)

Maxwell 6/10:  I don't play him, but he's okay because of his semi-evil personality.

Wagstaff 8/10: Never played him or even know hardly anything about this character, but from the small tidbits I've seen with him wanting to end the world I like him.

Wigfrid 2/10: Nöt intö her persönality ör generic play style.

Webber 7/10: Before I decided to only using mod characters he was my main. He's a cool character even though I wish he looked more monster-y.

Walani 4/10: She doesn't stand out enough for me to care much, but her surfing is neat so she's decent.

Warly 2/10: Just not my type of character.

Wilbur 5/10: Oe oae oo.

Woodlegs 9/10: I like him aesthetically and because he's a pirate.

Wilba 5/10: She's okay. Don't dislike or like her.

Wormwood 1/10: Just not my type of character.

Wheeler 10/10: She's everything I want in a character. She's the only non-mod character I actually enjoy playing :).

Winona 1/10: Boring, lame, meh.

Wortox 4/10: I don't own him so I can't say to be honest, but from what I've seen I don't really care for him .

Wurt -7.8/10: Can't swim.

Warbucks 10/10: Klei's version 0/10, uncensored mod version with actual fun abilities 100/10.

Archived