[Game Update] - 358820

• Developer
  • Fix Duplicants with Trypophobia still digging construction chores (and similar issues)
  • Game will load and reset preferences if preferences get corrupted. If you have been stuck at the Klei logo, you should now be able to run the game but your preferences will have been reset!
  • Reduced the thermal conductivity of Ethanol Gas to 0.167
  • Removed sweat from Duplicants' faces when they change hats
  • Power generation initiatives are tracked correctly now
  • Add a new initiative, "Immovable Object"
  • Fixed a number of errors related to local/dev mods not getting removed correctly. Local and Dev mods will have to be re-enabled.
  • Local mods work on case-sensitive platforms.
  • A bunch of improvements to timelapses:
    • Can be disabled by moving the resolution slider to the left.
    • Aspect ratio matches the default world aspect, for better screenshots as the colony grows
    • Resolved several timelapse rendering issues
    • Can see timelapses for colonies so long as there's at least one image
    • Fixed a bug where it wouldn't take a screenshot on the cycle a game was loaded
  • Fixed an issue where the timelapser could cause the game to "freeze" while still playing sounds
  • Automation tracking for achievements ignores POI buildings
  • Voles no longer get stuck if they burrow into a tile as it is dug up
  • Fixed meter position on the Wood Burner
  • Tree branches have a chance to create a seed on both uproot and harvest, so pips can harvest seeds from trees more frequently.
  • Plants no longer incorrectly list seed chances if they have no seed chances
  • Hooked up cleaning animation for Desalinator

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 15

29 minutes ago, CardCrusher said:

Still hoping for an update for Rime to spawn the ethanol lakes! Known bug for a while...

I'm playing Rime currently and noticed there is no ethanol. There should be ethanol ice I think but the world didn't generate any. I hope they fix, but it's too late for my game

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Power generation initiatives are tracked correctly now

HAYAAAH ! Finally, after 620 cycles, I might achieve to attain (one day) the Super Sustainable initiative. Then I will turn very non sustainable and use all that ethanol and that coal that I have gathered in astronomical quantities.

Breath little dupes, breath till the air is pure :bee:

• Haha 2

Cooks don't cook at highest priority with everything else turned off. They'll dig over cooking given the chance. Dupes don't eat and starve even with plenty of food and no restrictions. Starvation alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason.. Please fix, basics feel more broken than alpha and have been playing for what.. near 2 years now? Can't enjoy new content when basic gameplay seems a mess.

Smaller issue but being able to zoom out the skill tree would be grand.

OSX 10.14.4

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.41.41 PM.png

Edited by KidWobble
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KidWobble said:

Cooks don't cook at highest priority with everything else turned off.

Your pic shows a duplicant running a manual generator.

=> Did you change priorities, while the duplicant was already running inside the wheel ?

[A duplicant will not interrupt the "generate power" task, to check for a new/higher prioritized task.]

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

=> Did you change priorities, while the duplicant was already running inside the wheel ?

[A duplicant will not interrupt the "generate power" task, to check for a new/higher prioritized task.]

If this is the case you can disable then enable the generator, the dupe will hop off regardless of whether or not someone actually comes by to disable it.

5 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I have this problem too. My cooks have almost every other task disabled, but will ignore cooking to do literally anything else. Every time it comes time for the duplcants to eat, the starvation alarm always goes off even though they have more than enough time to eat.

4 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

If this is the case you can disable then enable the generator, the dupe will hop off regardless of whether or not someone actually comes by to disable it.

I think you can use the "move to" command to make them step off it also, and reassess their priorities.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skrivener said:
5 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

I think you can use the "move to" command to make them step off it also, and reassess their priorities.

If I want a quick interrupt, I go for "move to".

A more permanent solution would be to automate the manual generators to deactivate them in an interval of your choice.

[I prefer a check every 60s.]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, axelevert said:

My cooks have almost every other task disabled, but will ignore cooking to do literally anything else. Every time it comes time for the duplcants to eat, the starvation alarm always goes off even though they have more than enough time to eat.

Don't forget you have task priorities and building priorities. Task priorities take precedence and are set per duplicant through the top priority button menu. There is a default hierarchy of priorities there from left to right. I suggest if you can't get your cooks to cook set ALL of their priorities to double-down-arrows, then bring cook back up to standard (dash) or higher, and also bring supply up to single-down-arrow. This will help the cooks supply their own cooking materials if other dupes are not. Then set the cook buildings to 6 or 7 priority if you're still having trouble. That will help any supply dupes to focus on the cook supplying first, including the cooks.

The starvation notification may be a bug. That used to happen sometimes when dupes were running to the bathroom before eating, but I don't think I've seen it happen recently.

Edited by Skrivener
typo

33 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Yes, she had no business starting that task to begin with. A fully prepped musher is waiting for her with both her cooking priority and musher priority maxed out. I understand how power thresholds work. That is not the issue. She will do priority 5s before 9 even with a fully supplied cooking station. I have to disable every other activity then she cooks non-stop..

Also god forbid they drop a low priority task going up a ladder. They get stuck in a loop trying to finish the supply task. There's a bunch of buggy AI that wasn't there in previous builds.

34 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

Or you can change the battery charge threshold

Edited by KidWobble
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheEvilMango said:

Is ethenol gas still the best gas to use with volcanos or is hydrogen or phosphorite gas better?

Don't know about phosphorite gas, but it'll mean ethanol and hydrogen are equivalent. Ethanol has slightly lower specific heat capacity, though; not sure if that's really an issue or not.  

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

• Reduced the thermal conductivity of Ethanol Gas to 0.167

RIP ethanol as a really useful resource to put in a room; probably worth using in hot chambers with equipment you can't flood that operate below the boiling point of phosphorus, but that's incredibly niche, basically just gonna be a poor man's petroleum I guess.

32 minutes ago, Hakon said:

Now phosforite gas has the highest thermal conductivity again.

Supercoolant is better (even beat pre-nerf ethanol) for volcano conduction. I also want to test out salt gas, since while it greatly bumps up the resting point of the system , it might not lose you much power, and might be less finnicky to keep the magma chill initially.

Edited by Nebbie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

This shouldn't matter. If the only task they have is cooking, and it's top priority, that duplicant shouldn't be running a generator.  I am also getting "starvation" BS as well.  I have my dupes on very specific tasks, and food is a constant issue.

Edited by nafeasonto

7 minutes ago, badgamer123 said:

the new update seem to stop Super Sustainable tracking completely...i get the data from mod tho,maybe the update break the mod

Not sure which mod you're using, but the tracking works just fine now. If you're using mine, make sure steam updated it (it's still acting wonky -- you can delete the mod folder to force it to re-dwonload)

• Like 1