What should I use the Gravitas facility for?

I don't want to deconstruct it or change it's shape, but I do want to use the structure for... something. So, idea's! Gimme!

Current idea's:

• Telescope array. I already have three satellite dishes on it's roof, and I have room to add a telescope as well..
  • Cosmothermal power plant. The regolith landing on the facilities roof has heat I could extract and run a turbine with.
  • Regolith Shoveller habitation. Because why house Meep in the main base with everyone else when I can instead grant him an action-packed existence of shovelling starpoop and crippling abandonment issues?

4 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

I don't want to deconstruct it or change it's shape, but I do want to use the structure for... something. So, idea's! Gimme!

Current idea's:

• Telescope array. I already have three satellite dishes on it's roof, and I have room to add a telescope as well..
  • Cosmothermal power plant. The regolith landing on the facilities roof has heat I could extract and run a turbine with.
  • Regolith Shoveller habitation. Because why house Meep in the main base with everyone else when I can instead grant him an action-packed existence of shovelling starpoop and crippling abandonment issues?

Space Aquarium.

55 minutes ago, lilibat said:

I really hate getting those ruins right where I need to put something useful. I too want to be able to destroy that stuff, but I'll just have to cheaty face it away I guess as I have been.

there's a mod that allows you to deconstruct POI stuff

9 hours ago, Mullematsch said:

How long do I have to beg to be able to destroy all these annoying tables, lockers etc.. 

Not long enough. Let's keep begging.

My hope was to see Gravitas facilities having a proper role at launch. Even something minor would be nice as being able to fix the elevator and use it somehow.

Nope. Those are just the largest and more resilient boulders in the entire game.

Come on, Klei. Why?

6 minutes ago, Junksteel said:
32 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Seems like I found a use for the gravitas in my current playthrough. ;)

Please share the results with the plebs. I have few hundreds cycles before dealing with Gravitas in this run.

Don´t you go for all achievements aswell ? [Thought most would rush to the surface to hunt for voles to complete carnivore.]

I have neither atmo/jet suits, nor farm tiles of any kind nor duplicant free power supply.

=> I have access to the gravitas, but it will take some time till I can rebuild everything up there.

Spoiler

And it will take some engineering to deal with all items that could spawn inside.

(Eggshells, meat and the bottles dropped by gulp fish ...)

I want to automate everything, so I think I will ship gulp fish eggs out into a serperate tank and reintroduce the eggs if they revert to any kind of pacu. [pacu/tropical pacu]

=> I already started to tinker with the autosweeper placement, to allow for the maximum liquid coverage.

PS: How do you think about replacing all the gravitas walls with (diamond) glass tiles ?

7 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Don´t you go for all achievements aswell ?

Well, I will eventually. I failed Carnivore but got too attached to my starting crew and the run was too lovely to drop. I had no idea what I was doing and slaughtering critters mercilessly isn't my natural style. I'll do better being cruel next run!

I'll probably play my current map for 1 month or 2 from now most likely and try to gather the other possible achievments left.

Starting another colony only to go for Carnivore without dropping the current one is an option too. But Carnivore in this one is out of reach already. :(

16 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Space Aquarium.

Was this just an idea or maybe something you already build ?

[If you did, I would be glad if you share your design.]

27 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I had no idea what I was doing and slaughtering critters mercilessly isn't my natural style.

I was one of the guys leaving most wild plants [before we had pips^^] and keeping all wild critters wild in separate little rooms.

=> Since we got care packages to reintroduce extinct critter, I settle for killing everything moving to increase my fps.^^

[I started this after some tests with/without the usual wild shove voles.]

31 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Starting another colony only to go for Carnivore without dropping the current one is an option too. But Carnivore in this one is out of reach already. :(

My goal aren´t the steam achievements, but beeing able to look at my colony summery and seeing everything checked.^^

=> I want all achievements within a single colony.

4 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My goal aren´t the steam achievements, but beeing able to look at my colony summery and seeing everything checked.^^

=> I want all achievements within a single colony.

haha, that can be fun to be done once or twice. I fear for your sanity if you plan to follow that schedule for every colony you start from now on. :D

43 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I fear for your sanity if you plan to follow that schedule for every colony you start from now on. :D

It´s just about rushing carnivore in my case, the rest will come at some point in time.

But I know already more than 2 ways to achieve this without much effort.^^

[Hunting my voles for carnivore / having luck with 8 pacu between cycle 24 and 30 (or save scum^^) ]

Archived