Warmwood really needs food to return health

I love this character , i love farming,

but i can't stand that we can not return our health by eating food .

It means we can't experience more part of this game : Battle .

this features means the character only can stay at home and farming all the time.

It's not good.

Just for the living log , you cut him the ability that eating to return, it's not fair.

We can't stand it.

We Warmwood want to Battle too !!!!

We need Not the living log , we just want to Battle!!

Living log should not be the core ability to Warmwood , But farming is.

In this game ,We love farming , and we also love battle.

I guess i'm not the only one guy who has this perspective.

We Warmwood all want to fight and join battle!!!

We don't want the ability to make living log by cut health,

We Warmwood need Food !!

We Warmwood want to Fight!!!

2 hours ago, LockBob said:

But you can! Wormwood still has access to manure, guano, buckets of poop, spider glands, mosquito sacks, healing salves, honey poultice, and his own compost wrap. I've got a friend who always plays Wormwood, and he's done most of the boss fights on his own whenever we play together, using mainly spider glands and healing salves.

Every character (except Wilson) has a downside, and working around that downside is part of what makes them fun!

That's what makes him fun. He's a hard character that completely turns the meta on it's head. Suddenly blue caps and butterflies are useless and you are required to actually use the less used items like salves and tents.

Also, if you know where to look collecting the resources to mass produce compost wraps and salves is not really hard. I was able to mass produce a stack of each when I went to clean the ruins out during the first summer. The leftover healing items can then be used for other times as well so it's easier to produce more for the next time.

I love this character , i love farming,

but i can't stand that we can not return our health by eating food .

this features means the character only can stay at home and farming all the time.

It's not good.

Just for the living log , you cut him the ability that eating to return, it's not fair.

We can't stand it.

We Warmwood want to Battle too !!!!

We need Not the living log , we just want to Battle!!

Living log should not be the core ability to Warmwood , But farming is.

In this game ,We love farming , and we also love battle.

I guess i'm not the only one guy who has this perspective.

We Warmwood all want to fight and join battle!!!

We don't want the ability to make living log by cut health,

We Warmwood need Food !!

We Warmwood want to Fight!!!

I completely understand this. I do believe his downside is a very important part of what makes him fun, but his manure healing is so bad its almost nonexistent. The animation for compost wrap takes far too long and heals way too little. Buffing these healing options would help him deal with these downsides, but not entirely remove it. 

snip

The hardest part in this game is figuring how to, after that all you need is practice.

Image result for git gud don't starve

Also, dark sword for 20 health??? That's almost free!! Lemme grab my own arm and kick your ass with it

PS: Yeah, the manure healing is bad and kinda boring to spam if you have lots of it

Who is Warmwood? Or you meant coolwood :WormwoodSunglasses:

4 hours ago, LockBob said:

you can wear helmet+log armor to avoid the worst outcome.

Wormwood here is easier than in single player because he doesn’t catch fire randomly.

He floods in food most of the year with little to no effort, and also can manage his sanity at will very cheaply.

So he needs to keep a downside, otherwise he'd have everything covered making him way too easy (and boring)

I'd say his weak points are instead his compost wrap, which is too expensive for the health it gives and the long animation time, and the bramble husk, which is okay-ish but has too little hitpoints and becomes dull quickly.

Spoiler

Suggestions: Make crafting compost wrap more efficient: each time you craft compost wrap with the materials you get 2, instead of 1. Make bramble husk have much more hp, or make it very slowly regain hp when exposed to sunlight.

Wormwood is a challenge character like Wes. Either get better at not loosing loosing so much health or figure out ways to regain it.

Pro tip: check out this awesome clip about Warly and his recipe list and ask a player playing him to prepare you the dish that swaps the sanity level with health. (hint: Nightmare Pie and here's a link to a recipe list). :)

2 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

Wormwood doesn't heal from foods.

Dragonpies are foods.

Case resumed.

Lol yup.

Best thing for Wormwood to do early to mid game is focus on reed harvesting every 3 days and to trap spiders often and get a lot of glands. Honey is simple if your not a noob as is ash. Rinse and repeat as often as possible while still keeping up with your base. It can get tedious but after a bit of effort , healing will seem pretty simple. 

18 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

I do believe his downside is a very important part of what makes him fun, but his manure healing is so bad its almost nonexistent. The animation for compost wrap takes far too long and heals way too little. Buffing these healing options would help him deal with these downsides, but not entirely remove it. 

This is probably my only complaint about Wormeood. 2hp is to little. Poop should be 5hp and guano should be 7hp. Rot can be 2hp.

1 hour ago, X-lem said:

This is probably my only complaint about Wormeood. 2hp is to little. Poop should be 5hp and guano should be 7hp. Rot can be 2hp.

Im down for this. Spider glands give 4x as much HP, when manure has other, more practical uses. I agree with moving it up to 5. Guano can be 8.

Archived